PDA

View Full Version : Pe-2 Navy Campaign AI squad command help

BERNDT79
05-14-2006, 01:35 PM
~S Everyone,

I just got my Pe-2 add on installed correctly yesterday and wanted to give the static campaigns a try. So I started a Pe-2 Navy bomber campaign. I made myself the squad leader just like the briefing stated and started the first few missions doing ship dive bombing.

Okay how do I tell the AI planes in my flight and group to dive bomb the ships? I press tap, then goto my squadron, then press ground targets, then press ships and they always say "unable to comply". This happens right over the ships too, as they are firing on us....How do I get them to attact the ships? I tried every "attack" command and they all came back "unable to comply". Please help, my comrades are getting slaughtered! Thanks.

-matt

FoolTrottel
05-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Do not really know, but try Padlock ground target, Attack my target?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif If you try this, please do tell if it works... or not ... me thinks I'll be trying that campaign myself in the near future...

Zeus-cat
05-14-2006, 06:42 PM
I don't think you need to tell them to attack in this situation, they should do it automatically as this should be assigned by their waypoints.

You do have the sequence of commands correct by the way.

Nimits
05-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Okay how do I tell the AI planes in my flight and group to dive bomb the ships? I press tap, then goto my squadron, then press ground targets, then press ships and they always say "unable to comply". This happens right over the ships too, as they are firing on us....How do I get them to attact the ships? I tried every "attack" command and they all came back "unable to comply".

They (your trusty AI wingmen) have to be within 3000m before they will obey an attack command, so if you are, say, cruising at 3000m msl, then you have to be literally directly on top of them before they will obey an attack command. Also, you cannot padlock moving ships (stationary ships, yes, moving ships, no).

On the other hand, as Zeus Cat said, they should be attacking on their own (follow waypoints).

BERNDT79
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks guys.

That is probably the problem. I was not following the way points. I have it for the most part on "full real" and wanted to navigate by landmarks so I just take the vectored course to the target and do not stick to the waypoint. I will stick to the waypoints from now on, then they will attack. The other thing was I was cruising at 3000 meters when I gave the order to attack the moving ships, so I bet I wasn't within range of 3000 meters, just outside of it.

Scharnhorst1943
05-14-2006, 10:17 PM
You might also try the "Attack My Target" comand in the radio menu. That one almost always works. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems to work at greater distnces to, at least i think.

I have had better results from AI using the attack my target command. Truly