PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever have this happen with theit track IR?

sledgehammer2
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
All seemed to be ok and then the view started jumping around. I quit IL-2 and pulled up the tracking screen and it looked like there was interference... fuzzy red dots and so forth. The closer I moved the dot to the unit then I started seeing horizontal lines too.

I have never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sledgehammer2

sledgehammer2
06-24-2006, 09:19 PM
All seemed to be ok and then the view started jumping around. I quit IL-2 and pulled up the tracking screen and it looked like there was interference... fuzzy red dots and so forth. The closer I moved the dot to the unit then I started seeing horizontal lines too.

I have never seen this before. Any ideas?

Thanks
Sledgehammer2

Mr.Kilroy
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
You might try unplugging it from the usb and plugging it back in. Solved my problems a few times.

ColoradoBBQ
06-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Try increasing your light filtering in settings. The TrackIR can see IR bouncing off non-reflective if anything is illuminated enough.

sledgehammer2
06-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Unplugging did the trick. I have had to do this before but not for this reason. Does anybody else see this kind of stuff happen often? I have the track IR 3Pro and mine is about a year and a half old.

xTHRUDx
06-25-2006, 09:55 PM
it's a USB thing. if you plug it into the USBs on the front of your PC instead of the back. i get this with my TIR and my joystick if i have them plugged into the front USBs. replugging them back in usualy fixes the problem temporarily.

TC_Stele
06-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Yes, same thing has happened to me as well. Not a whole lot but its happened. Replugging it seems to be the cure.

micksaf
06-26-2006, 01:05 AM
Same with me (TrackIR 3 Pro), and mine is always plugged at the back of my rig....;and this happens from time to time, unplugging and replugging it solves the problem.

B16Enk
06-26-2006, 03:07 AM
Have the TIR3 with vector, and mine did the same.

User error in my case as it was down to having switched on light filtering...

sledgehammer2
06-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Hmmm, interesting, and I'm glad to know I am not the only one. I have my Track IR plugged into the back and always have. The other prob I have had is where I first start everything up and hit F10 to start - only to see that I am moving my head around but it's not tracking.

This prob I had where I was seeing red fuzzy dots on the tracking screen along with the view jumping around erractically was the first time I had seen this.

stubby
06-26-2006, 06:59 AM
I routinely get strange USB issues with my Tir 3 Pro. The main one is when I go to turn it out, I get no image of the reflective tape being detected. I simply unplug and replug it in and it works. On some occasions, I get the distortion you experienced and reconnecting it fixes the problem. This is the main reason I switched from the rear USB ports to the ones on the front. I was so frequent it became a pain to use the rear ones. Not sure which product is to blame.

leitmotiv
06-26-2006, 07:14 AM
I had this and even more happen. Finally nothing---blank screen. Got the supreme run around from their tech person. Finally convinced him it was real, but he had no solution. Figured just another technical rip-off. Got the new TR4 Pro and it has worked faultlessly for about six months. Wish I could help you guys out.

knightflyte
06-26-2006, 07:25 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Sorry to hear of your problems guys.

I have experienced the jumping around only a few times on my TIR4. (My TIR1 was flawless) I figured it was reading my glasses. It's only been a few times though. (usually when I'm just about to pull the trigger to nail that pesky bandit, of course)

The other symptoms I've never seen.

TgD Thunderbolt56
06-26-2006, 08:38 AM
No problems at all since upgrading to TIR3 Pro. I also moved my rig and no longer have ambient lights or windows behind me. Glad it was easily fixed for you.

TB

Worf101
06-26-2006, 10:03 AM
I had a LOT of problems with TrackIR3 Pro. So many in fact that I had to get mine RMA'd and replaced. I paid the difference and went up to TrackIR 4. It works much better than my previous rig and I mean much. I've not had a single problem since I upgraded...

Da Worfster

leitmotiv
06-26-2006, 10:29 AM
With crossed fingers, it seems to me TR4 Pro is the solution. Was for me. I had versions two and three and all they gave me was grief. Four worked right from the start.

Blottogg
06-26-2006, 04:06 PM
I've had the same jitter effect with my TIR 4 occasionally. Unplugging and replugging isn't enough to fix it for me. I'll have to close and re-open the TIR software, too. That seems to solve the problem. I think it may be heat related, since the TIR sensor and chip get pretty warm, and if I use the above procedure too quickly, I can get the same problem again after a few minutes. I plug into the rear USB ports, but as long as both the front and rear USB ports are plugged into USB 2.0 jacks on the mobo, it shouldn't make any difference. None of this has happened often enough to be a show-stopper.

I've also had the TIR software tell me to plug into a "high speed USB port" to optimize performance, and give me a list of "unoccupied high speed USB ports". I'm a little confused, since everything is plugged in to 2.0 jacks, and I've gotten the same message on several different ports.

boxduty
06-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Have TIR Pro3. Have to replug mine about twice a month. Not ideal but no real prob either...

WTE_Galway
06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
One thing to watch is that the trackIR isnt sharing the USB ports or an unpowered hub with other high current devices

If you stick trackIR and an optical mouse and a MSFB stick for example all into ports coming off the same motherboard header you will guarantee problems.

Just spread the load about or better still use a powered hub.

WWSensei
06-26-2006, 08:50 PM
I've had to turn off the "Power Down When Not In Use" option in the hardware device manager for my USB devices. It would sporatically either turn off my USB port with trackIR or "reset" it and IL2 would lose the TIR.

redfeathers1948
06-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Hey mate, happens to me when my wife turns on kitchen or hall light on both of witch are located behind me through the computer room door

S~

BFawlty
06-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Lights give me problems some also. I had mine plugged into a powered hub and had some problems, plugged it directly into the comp and problem solved. I still use the TIR 1, saving my pennies to upgrade to the latest greatest in time for BOBSOW and MSFX.

BF

knightflyte
06-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Nothing wrong with Track IR 1..... (IL2 doesn't support 6DOF..... so TR1 is ideal for IL2 PF....

I finally got mine figured out after I bought TR4.... so I gave it to my dad. (He doesn't like the stickies....LOL)

redfeathers, I think your wife turns the light on on purpose. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

stansdds
06-27-2006, 04:13 AM
It's happened to me a few times with my TIR 3 Pro. First time was with FS2004 on a two hour flight. I popped a music CD into the drive and all was well until about 1 1/2 hours of flight time. The view starting jumping all over the place. Stopping the music solved the problem that time.

The other times it seemed to be related to the position of the reflectors. Mine are mounted on a baseball cap and I had the bill of the cap at a slightly downward angle. Pushing the bill up slightly steadied the tracking.