PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Sturmovik, Dear Oleg

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 04:36 PM
V104 problems or promise?

Dear Oleg,
I hope this post finds you well. May I please make a suggestion for IL-2 Sturmovik?

I am constantly telling players online: "There is nothing wrong with the Yak-3 FM. It's a v104 problem; all German aircraft have dynamic stability problems". "Don't fly German aircraft".

When these problems were first posted, I disagreed with the complaining. But I was wrong. Dynamic stability problems are insidious; it took time to discover the truth. By then, FB had priority. This problem didn't get fixed. Please don't shoot the messenger - but these are the facts: All IL-2 German fighter aircraft are dangerously unstable online. No German aircraft can compete. For many, participation is simply frustrating. Experienced servers simply can't host a German vs. Russian server; it's unfair. German aircraft which aren't killed will spin to destruction. The results are monotonous. Monotony ... is hell.

Please correct the rudder algorithm from v104 for ONLY these aircraft:
- Bf-109 without gunpods.
- FW-190 without gunpods and with MG/FF removed.
(The other FW/Bf fighter configurations, ie gunpods or outboard cannon were unstable.)

To correct dynamic stability, the ball must be exactly centered where the effects of prop thrust are maximum. The correct rudder (fixed tab) response will be to "center the ball" at 100% power. (In single-play or online . this works perfectly). Most people don't really understand prop fighter dynamics. I know this subject well, I was a prop fighter-trainer (standards check and PMCF = "test") pilot, naval aviator. I host a server on HL two weeks per month.

Please do not increase the minimum equipment required for IL-2. The economy is very slow; most of us struggle to meet daily expenses. Few can afford to upgrade systems. If a patch is not possible, please consider an expansion disc for IL-2 Sturmovik. We would welcome a few simple improvements and variety in IL-2.

IL-2 is a fantastic "time machine", accurate enough to be recommended by professional pilots, a "complete immersion" experience . in IL-2 we can all become "Heroes of the Sky", and Fight with the hearts of LIONS. But like Alexei Petrovich Maresyev, IL-2 has been wounded. Because of a simple algorithm, bad behavior is common online. Like Alexei Petrovich, IL-2 simply refuses to "give up", because it should not. To this expert, IL-2 offers the intangible that we can't find elsewhere - valor. For all of us, please make that available again in IL-2 Sturmovik. IL-2 is magnificent. It has earned, and deserves this opportunity.

I still have three sons, but they no longer play IL-2 or FB. They don't read WWII books, anymore. But, they watch closely for improvements to IL-2 and FB. They should have this opportunity to learn of real men like Alexei Petrovich. Young men need that example. We all need your help. Please correct IL-2 Sturmovik. And please - give us that expansion disc, too.

Sincerely,

Dyadya_Vanya

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WAAAAKsZBWdBhGy2CyCD9Nu72fWbqLHCnxd8CeTow5Anb75sn vP2W0!DnkvLSoh9W4DoYulCJgMjj1thQ8tWWr*XUOZA6S0G5E9 e3094YPY9bECLizscHb1R1zJGKhttAAAAAAAAAAA/Siggy-Block-400x2000.jpg?dc=4675418318811629849
Salute, Sir !!! Uncle_Ivan

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 04:36 PM
V104 problems or promise?

Dear Oleg,
I hope this post finds you well. May I please make a suggestion for IL-2 Sturmovik?

I am constantly telling players online: "There is nothing wrong with the Yak-3 FM. It's a v104 problem; all German aircraft have dynamic stability problems". "Don't fly German aircraft".

When these problems were first posted, I disagreed with the complaining. But I was wrong. Dynamic stability problems are insidious; it took time to discover the truth. By then, FB had priority. This problem didn't get fixed. Please don't shoot the messenger - but these are the facts: All IL-2 German fighter aircraft are dangerously unstable online. No German aircraft can compete. For many, participation is simply frustrating. Experienced servers simply can't host a German vs. Russian server; it's unfair. German aircraft which aren't killed will spin to destruction. The results are monotonous. Monotony ... is hell.

Please correct the rudder algorithm from v104 for ONLY these aircraft:
- Bf-109 without gunpods.
- FW-190 without gunpods and with MG/FF removed.
(The other FW/Bf fighter configurations, ie gunpods or outboard cannon were unstable.)

To correct dynamic stability, the ball must be exactly centered where the effects of prop thrust are maximum. The correct rudder (fixed tab) response will be to "center the ball" at 100% power. (In single-play or online . this works perfectly). Most people don't really understand prop fighter dynamics. I know this subject well, I was a prop fighter-trainer (standards check and PMCF = "test") pilot, naval aviator. I host a server on HL two weeks per month.

Please do not increase the minimum equipment required for IL-2. The economy is very slow; most of us struggle to meet daily expenses. Few can afford to upgrade systems. If a patch is not possible, please consider an expansion disc for IL-2 Sturmovik. We would welcome a few simple improvements and variety in IL-2.

IL-2 is a fantastic "time machine", accurate enough to be recommended by professional pilots, a "complete immersion" experience . in IL-2 we can all become "Heroes of the Sky", and Fight with the hearts of LIONS. But like Alexei Petrovich Maresyev, IL-2 has been wounded. Because of a simple algorithm, bad behavior is common online. Like Alexei Petrovich, IL-2 simply refuses to "give up", because it should not. To this expert, IL-2 offers the intangible that we can't find elsewhere - valor. For all of us, please make that available again in IL-2 Sturmovik. IL-2 is magnificent. It has earned, and deserves this opportunity.

I still have three sons, but they no longer play IL-2 or FB. They don't read WWII books, anymore. But, they watch closely for improvements to IL-2 and FB. They should have this opportunity to learn of real men like Alexei Petrovich. Young men need that example. We all need your help. Please correct IL-2 Sturmovik. And please - give us that expansion disc, too.

Sincerely,

Dyadya_Vanya

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WAAAAKsZBWdBhGy2CyCD9Nu72fWbqLHCnxd8CeTow5Anb75sn vP2W0!DnkvLSoh9W4DoYulCJgMjj1thQ8tWWr*XUOZA6S0G5E9 e3094YPY9bECLizscHb1R1zJGKhttAAAAAAAAAAA/Siggy-Block-400x2000.jpg?dc=4675418318811629849
Salute, Sir !!! Uncle_Ivan

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't think stuff will be sorted in IL2 now that Forgotten Battles is the main game. It's not commercially viable.

XyZspineZyX
10-03-2003, 04:49 PM
I Ivan, I am not Madox /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif .

If you are the Uncle Ivan I used to fly with and I remember you talking to me about this problem. I find that most people that play online do not even understand what you are talking about, me for one.
I know the Siviet aircraft have rudder trim that stops the aircraft moving to one side with heavy prop power.
When I first played FB about 3 monthes ago /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif I found I could not do the usual things I do in the BF, eating crisps or a sandwitch with one hand and flying with the other /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif .
The thing would roll to the left and stall. I can not even fly the FW109 any more because it is always trying to stall on me.

I am not a pilot so I do not know only flying a glider twice that was fun /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif . But it seems only 10% of pilots know what these aircraft are ment to fly like, 30% have not even played IL2 and the rest do not care.

There were only afew problems with the first IL2, who disided to change the hole thing?

2ndILA_Erikku
11thILA_Erikku1
HD_Erik
Erik3003
1./JG53_Erik3003