PDA

View Full Version : Mac Compatibility

elvinagre
05-10-2007, 11:53 PM
IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A MAC INSTEAD OF A PC. WILL THESE GAMES WORK? HAS ANYONE DONE IT?

DO i HAVE TO BUY VISTA IN ADDITION TO MAC?
THANKS

elvinagre
05-10-2007, 11:53 PM
IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING A MAC INSTEAD OF A PC. WILL THESE GAMES WORK? HAS ANYONE DONE IT?

DO i HAVE TO BUY VISTA IN ADDITION TO MAC?
THANKS

Hoatee
05-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Make sure you purchase a mac with a dedicated graphics card (a macbook, for example, will not do - a macbook pro is what you should look for).

At this stage I have no idea about Vista. But there is an apple programme called bootcamp which allows Windows XP to run natively.

And yes, the Windows OS still has to be purchased seperately - bootcamp is free.

Superluminal_8
05-11-2007, 05:34 AM
WHY?

Werre_Fsck
05-11-2007, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superluminal_8:
WHY? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe because with windows you have to constantly fart blood. Macs Just Work(tm).

joeap
05-11-2007, 08:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Werre_Fsck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Superluminal_8:
WHY? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe because with windows you have to constantly fart blood. Macs Just Work(tm). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You still need windows to run Il2 even on a Mac.

Werre_Fsck
05-11-2007, 10:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joeap:

You still need windows to run Il2 even on a Mac. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not strictly true. You can run Linux + Wine on Mac ... of course no TrackIR etc - but IL-2 runs that way.