PDA

View Full Version : Memory Upgrade

kamikazi2004
11-15-2004, 10:31 AM
I now have a P4 2.8 Ghz with 512K memory, and a 128M video card. I'm running Pacific Fighters at the excellent overall level just fine. But, I'm thinking about adding another 512K memory to the developer's recommended level. Does anyone know what kind of performance increase should I expect to see ?

kamikazi2004
11-15-2004, 10:31 AM
I now have a P4 2.8 Ghz with 512K memory, and a 128M video card. I'm running Pacific Fighters at the excellent overall level just fine. But, I'm thinking about adding another 512K memory to the developer's recommended level. Does anyone know what kind of performance increase should I expect to see ?

georgeo76
11-15-2004, 10:43 AM
You probably won't see much improvement in performance. What you will see is less stutter, pause,and faster load times. It's not so much that more ram will help your system, more that less ram holds it back.

WIFC Warhawk
11-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Plus...you can look at the light on your HD and never see it go on while running the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Bull_dog_
11-15-2004, 03:01 PM
I got a new computer and I went pretty high end w/ a 3.4 processor, a 6800GT, and 2 Gigs of 533mhz DDRam.... big difference in many ways, but I'm not so computer savvy that I understand it all...I had a 2.4 processor, Ti4600 VC and a woeful 378 mb of Ram...I'm sure I was Ram starved for one...but I can handle way more planes (processor I think), better settings...ie perfect (video card), tremendously fast load speed and no stutters (RAM).

It was a great investment for me, but expensive...I think I should be good to go for a long while now. My old setup had crummy water now even set at 0 or 1 on perfect it is soooo much better. It is so much better than it was that I am not even tempted to go to 3.

I suspect Ram will help the most with game play and Video Card with rendering landscape without stutters and processor to handle things happening ingame like AI

steve_v
11-15-2004, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by georgeo76:
You probably won't see much improvement in performance. What you will see is less stutter, pause,and faster load times. It's not so much that more ram will help your system, more that less ram holds it back. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif