PDA

View Full Version : How to fly new planes in Dgen career ( clunky, but it works ).

mortoma
10-07-2009, 08:03 AM
As many know, the new planeset will not work in the Dgen campaign system because the Dgen.exe program file is not updated to include them.

But not to worry, there is a way to fly them in the Dgen career mode and although a tad tedious, it's vastly worth it. I just finished my first mission in the Fokker Sarja Early and got my first aerial victory against an IL-4 bomber.

All you have to do is start a career in a B-239 Buffalo and then go into FMB before flying and change the plane to the Sarja early or late, whichever you prefer.

Alternately, you can edit the #####.mis file ( where ##### is the date of the mission ) and change your flight from B_239 to either DXXI_SARJA3_EARLY or DXXI_SARJA3_LATE and then go back into the game.

If anyone needs a further explaination as to how to do this, due to inexperience working with FMB or editing the file, please PM me and I'll respond back here in the forum ( not via PM ) as to how to do it.

Please note:
Don't give up and think that Dgen will never get updated with the new 4.09m planeset. Everybody thought that after 1946 came out but about a year after it came out, a new Dgen which allowed the 1946 planes to be utilized, suddenly appeared. I used above method for the whole year until we got the new Dgen!! I do however, concede that a newer Dgen.exe appearing is less likely this time around.

DKoor
10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
Nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .
I haven't tried but but I think that in some cases with MS Word task is even easier, for instance;

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/DKoor/il2/mis_replace.jpg

All fighters of some type are replaced by fighter of other type on that map.
However, if one does not want to change all flights of the same type to some other type then this wont work (as Word will always change all I-153P's into I-153M62's as on picture).

thefruitbat
10-07-2009, 10:32 AM
getting planes into dgen is easy.

getting new maps into dgen, forget it.

fruitbat

mortoma
10-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by thefruitbat:

fruitbat Getting new planes to work with the program so they can be chosen in a career and auto-generate as part of a mission is not easy. Because only one person can do it and that's Starshoy Kolosov, who created the Dgen program separately from the game and then Oleg integrated it with the game. Starshoy is the only one who can add planes into the original source code of the Dgen.exe program file. He is the programmer/creator so only he can decompile the program code since it's encrypted. But someone has to find out how to contact him to ask him to do it.

Other than that you can use my clunky way of doing it, since simply just adding the planes into the ###planes.dat files will not work in this case.

thefruitbat
10-08-2009, 03:54 PM
rubbish, i can edit mod planes, let alone stock planes into dgen. 3 files to edit of the top of my memory, maybe 4, and this is nothing to do with modding.

you can have a me262 flying for the russians in 41 if you want. i've flown a tempest 13lbs boost just for kicks in normandy dgen before.

Unfortunatley you are nearly right though, only starshoy can implement new maps into dgen http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

fruitbat

DKoor
10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
I haven't tried it with newest v4.09 planes but I think mortoma may be right, fruitbat.
For example Dgen probably simple doesn't recognize Fokker as object.

It is a different matter for instance with Me-262.
Me-262 is recognized by Dgen as plane and therefore edit of status.dat can cause Dgen to produce all missions from that point on with our newly edited plane. It works until next subcampaign.

As I said I haven't tried it but I hold absolutely no hope of automatic Dgen recognition of new planes.

thefruitbat
10-08-2009, 04:30 PM
it can be made to recognise modded completly made up planes, why not the new 4.09 planes??

they are both just as foriegn, admittedly i haven't tried, but if i can get dgen to recognise mod planes...

kameron1974
10-09-2009, 11:55 AM

fruitbat

Thats what i want.

kameron1974
10-09-2009, 11:56 AM
it can be made to recognise modded completly made up planes, why not the new 4.09 planes??

they are both just as foriegn, admittedly i haven't tried, but if i can get dgen to recognise mod planes...

Typhoon will make FMB crash. The 410 works ok though. Not sure about other.

mortoma
10-09-2009, 07:58 PM
rubbish, i can edit mod planes, let alone stock planes into dgen. 3 files to edit of the top of my memory, maybe 4, and this is nothing to do with modding.

you can have a me262 flying for the russians in 41 if you want. i've flown a tempest 13lbs boost just for kicks in normandy dgen before.

Unfortunatley you are nearly right though, only starshoy can implement new maps into dgen http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

fruitbat No you misunderstood what I was trying to say. I can put a Me-262 into a 1941 campaign too but I was talking about entirely new aircraft implemented into a patch/update.

For example, and as I said before, the planes added in the 1946 update, which was marketed as a new game and not just a patch, did not allow the 1946 planes ( such as the N1K2-JA ) to be flown in the Dgen campaigns no matter what you did. You could add them to dat files until you were blue in the face but you could not get them to generate in a campaign. Now you can fly the '46 planes in campaigns as long as you get newer versions of dgen.exe that came out well after 1946 came out. But the dgen.exe that shipped with 1946 would not work with the '46 planes.

If you can get the new planes to run automatically in dgen campaigns then I'd like to see it. All I know is I have to do as I mentioned when I started this thread if I want to fly the new 4.09m planes. If you think you can get them to work with Dgen, then I'd say that really is rubbish! Because you can't do it.

Modded planes that work with dgen may do so if the actual program designation for them is the same as it was when it was not flyable. For example, the MS-406 was recognized by dgen as a AI only aircraft long ago. Then when someone makes it flyable due to a hack, of course Dgen will recognize it. The MS-406 as a AI plane always appeared in Dgen finnish careers since ages ago since the plane has been around for a long time. And dgen really does not care whether a plane is flyable or not.

thefruitbat
10-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Well i can think of at least 2 dgen campaigns of the top of my head that you can download from aaa, that allows you to fly mod planes in dgen, that never existed as non flyable planes at all, such as the typoon and the two griffon spits.

DKoor
10-10-2009, 01:46 PM
That's actually great news!
Meaning that we can have all new planes "in"... G.55, Re.2000, Fokkers etc. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Stary_Wuj
11-22-2009, 11:36 AM
It means, that new planes are useless for me, I don't fly online and don't want to use mods, but I will check AAA............. what a pity!

Stary Wuj

DuxCorvan
11-22-2009, 01:58 PM
DCG

mortoma
11-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
DCG A lot of people dislike DCG. I tried numerous iterations of it and found it to be a bit odd. Click on the wrong buttons accidentally and you can erase an entire career that you've been flying for months. Been there, done that, won't again.