PDA

View Full Version : Paid the cash and got it!

joeap
10-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Found it at the FNAC (a french store that is in Geneva...I'm an expat Canuck) paid the full price, installed it into my FB/AEP ... woohoo!

Lots of good little fixes, muzzle flash etc.

Ok, so the Zero is well modelled, it actually becomes very stiff at high speed as I found nearly to my doom playing a Pearl Harbour mission, swooping down on Wheeler field to strafe. In the Mdiway mission , I knocked down a SBD but got hit by the 30 caliber in the fuel tank which started a fire and exploded before I could bail., Other times in the sim have been hit by bomber gunners (esp.coming from6 o'clock) but survived even with a smoking engine. You have to keep the speed down, turn and be a very good shot.

Love the Corsair, and the SBD. WE GOT A-20 AND A B-25. Ok, so the B-25 uses the Lofte bombsite....works and is great to bomb for the Allies and not let just the Luftwaffe have the fun. I assigned X for the new "warp" (sort of warp) feature just like the old CFS days. But as I have an older system, doens't do much good..

New better commands, don't know how well they work...but AI does seem to aim better.

Rants? Nitpicks, being almost as much of a naval guy as an airpower guy I noticed the KGV BB (Uk) models stadning in for US ones at Pearl Harbour, but they also had the old 4 stacker DDs....very nice. Love the RN carriers. Need Japanese and RN cruisers and BBs, and RN and German DDs. Val nice and all but I still think the Stuka was the best dive bomber though.

Off to practice some more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

joeap
10-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Found it at the FNAC (a french store that is in Geneva...I'm an expat Canuck) paid the full price, installed it into my FB/AEP ... woohoo!

Lots of good little fixes, muzzle flash etc.

Ok, so the Zero is well modelled, it actually becomes very stiff at high speed as I found nearly to my doom playing a Pearl Harbour mission, swooping down on Wheeler field to strafe. In the Mdiway mission , I knocked down a SBD but got hit by the 30 caliber in the fuel tank which started a fire and exploded before I could bail., Other times in the sim have been hit by bomber gunners (esp.coming from6 o'clock) but survived even with a smoking engine. You have to keep the speed down, turn and be a very good shot.

Love the Corsair, and the SBD. WE GOT A-20 AND A B-25. Ok, so the B-25 uses the Lofte bombsite....works and is great to bomb for the Allies and not let just the Luftwaffe have the fun. I assigned X for the new "warp" (sort of warp) feature just like the old CFS days. But as I have an older system, doens't do much good..

New better commands, don't know how well they work...but AI does seem to aim better.

Rants? Nitpicks, being almost as much of a naval guy as an airpower guy I noticed the KGV BB (Uk) models stadning in for US ones at Pearl Harbour, but they also had the old 4 stacker DDs....very nice. Love the RN carriers. Need Japanese and RN cruisers and BBs, and RN and German DDs. Val nice and all but I still think the Stuka was the best dive bomber though.

Off to practice some more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif