PDA

View Full Version : Router / port forwarding / high ping

mogcluffy
01-18-2010, 03:51 AM
Hi,

I hope someone can help. I have 2 computers, both running XP, both connected by LAN to a router. Upto the installation on UP 2.0 both computers I could play on either using 4.08m.

Now after installing 4.09 up 2.0 the first computer I can play on but not host and the second computer I can start but after a couple of minutes the ping reaches 1500!

The router doesn't have any significant markings other than Redten which was the computer suppliers name (now out of business). The router has 4 computers attached and 2 wireless networks. It doesn't make any difference to the first & second computer whether or not the other computers are using the network. I use hyperlobby.

If I add the second computer to the router under port forwarding neither computer will work.

I am limited with computer know how but know how to access the router and add in port forwarding.

I have disabled firewalls, placed the router in the dmz but still the second computer doesn't work.

Do I need to change any settings in IL2 itself?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.
Thanks

x6BL_Brando
01-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Do I need to change any settings in IL2 itself?

I think that's it. Go to the conf file in the game's root folder (on the second PC and change
[NET]
speed=10000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=7
>>>localPort=21000 to 21001
also
>>>remotePort=21000 to 21001

FROM PC#2 go into the root folder of the Hyperlobby program and find the hlpro.ini file
Go to the section [Forgotten Battles]
go down to "localPort=21000" and change this to localPort=21001

Try this setting. You may need to forward this port in your router too - but try it first.

B

mogcluffy
01-19-2010, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do I need to change any settings in IL2 itself?

I think that's it. Go to the conf file in the game's root folder (on the second PC and change
[NET]
speed=10000
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=7
>>>localPort=21000 to 21001
also
>>>remotePort=21000 to 21001

FROM PC#2 go into the root folder of the Hyperlobby program and find the hlpro.ini file
Go to the section [Forgotten Battles]
go down to "localPort=21000" and change this to localPort=21001

Try this setting. You may need to forward this port in your router too - but try it first.

B </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

~S~ Brando

Thanks, I'll give that a go. I've just found a problem with the router. I save the computers IP address to the incoming ip and save it. When I go back in it hasn't changed!

There are no markings on the router and on the home page it has ADSL2/2+ Router. Any ideas how to find the make of it?

Cheers

Cluffy

x6BL_Brando
01-19-2010, 06:54 AM
I took a look at RedTen and the deal but I couldn't find anywhere that gave the router specs. Maybe take a look at the bottom of the router, looking for long alpha-numeric groups that you could Google search. I'm surprised that the router home page doesn't state a manufacturer.

mogcluffy
01-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
I took a look at RedTen and the deal but I couldn't find anywhere that gave the router specs. Maybe take a look at the bottom of the router, looking for long alpha-numeric groups that you could Google search. I'm surprised that the router home page doesn't state a manufacturer.

I tried that but no luck. It could be an Aries as it was sold by Watford electronics. Thanks for your help.