PDA

View Full Version : Noob ? Taking off with AI A/C....

Wedge2566
04-15-2005, 11:19 AM
When I start a mission I am in a line on the runway with other A/C infront of me and behind me. If I want to play with full realism (externals off) I must visually check the a/c infront of me to see if he is rolling by rotating left or right.

Here is my questions:

How do I keep the AI A/C behind me to stay put and to keep them from crashing into me or other A/C waiting to depart?

Wedge2566
04-15-2005, 11:19 AM
When I start a mission I am in a line on the runway with other A/C infront of me and behind me. If I want to play with full realism (externals off) I must visually check the a/c infront of me to see if he is rolling by rotating left or right.

Here is my questions:

How do I keep the AI A/C behind me to stay put and to keep them from crashing into me or other A/C waiting to depart?

Spitf_ACE
04-15-2005, 11:46 AM
After 3 years of playing, I've never had this happen to me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help.

LEXX_Luthor
04-15-2005, 07:24 PM
First, turn your External view on again to practice.

AI aircraft will not start takeoff roll if any aircraft is in front of them (say...100 meters or less in front...you can test this in FMB). I don't know why you are having this problem. Tell more about the situation (pretend you are trying to sell a vacumm cleaner, so tell everything you are doing...like...everything...even copy and pasting here your mission file for us).

After you figure this out, turn External view off again. For testing, I always use External view, for real gameplay, I turn it off. We are alike, you and I. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ZG77_Lignite
04-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Depress the Brakes, apply full left (or right) rudder, apply some small amount of power. You will slowly rotate (in place), stop when you see the aircraft in front of you (you will probably be able to see the aircraft behind you at the same time, depending upon aircraft). The aircraft behind you will not 'roll' as long as you remain in your place in line.

This is very important when flying coops online; in fact, probably the #1 killer for the first 6 months of release, and the #1 killer of new players still to this day.

Tully__
04-15-2005, 09:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wedge2566:
How do I keep the AI A/C behind me to stay put and to keep them from crashing into me or other A/C waiting to depart? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stay in place when you turn to look. Use your brakes and full rudder, you'll turn on the spot rather than drifting to the side of the runway. Also remember that you only need to turn far enough to see a wing tip, you don't have to see the whole aircraft in front of you.