PDA

View Full Version : New Netcode for AC:Revelations multiplayer? Please?

Citizen War
07-22-2011, 03:32 AM
Here's a story for you, starting with an XBL message:

Message on XBL from Vox Valentine regarding a friendly tournament match:

I also want to add that both teams mutually agreed to r[e]start the 3rd match if anyone dc'd. 3 Amigos won the 3rd match, after more than 8 attempts

Let me flesh it out; I'm running a tournament and people are playing these private matches. 5/6 matches on average go without a hitch, despite having players on different continents etc.,

However approximately 1/6 matches have disconnects in them. These disconnects have been creating match disputes.

The quote above describes an incident where someone who says that they have perfectly normal internet disconnects repeatedly (another player in the same series has the same problem as well). The teams agreed to replay if someone disconnected after the 2nd game, so they had to replay the third game in the series 8 times before there wasn't a hitch.

I was hoping that we could get some sort of hope that the multiplayer's netcode in Assassin's Creed Revelations will be improved. Will the servers be better? Will we disconnect less? Is anything being changed? I'd really like some information. Please post here if you'd like to hear some as well. Let's hope that we get a Ubi response.

This is a really great, deep multiplayer game - if these problems were fixed, it could also be a great COMPETITIVE game. I believe that Ubisoft would get more pre-orders if we could convince our friends that the Brotherhood server problems will at least be fixed by the next game.

obliviondoll
07-22-2011, 03:54 AM
I've had to make a point of saying that after playing a match in the FraggedNation 1 vs. 1 ladder, I have to quit, even if we're not changing hosts, and re-join the match.

About 50% of rematches result in increased lag for me, and it's up around 80% in Private matches.

The disconnection issues have become worse lately, but were never particularly good, and there's been a long-running issue with it on a lesser scale than what's happening now.

Definitely supporting this thread.

W.E.S.P
07-22-2011, 04:14 AM
I also support this thread, but I do have to ask.

The majority of the community accepted the multiplayer issues found in ACB & your reasons for that was, this was Ubi's 1st attempt at AC multiplayer.

Now that ACR Is almost here I am curious as to whether you ladies/gents will be as forgiving if things remain the same in ACR?

giaquinto718
07-22-2011, 04:19 AM
amen.

if I dont lag out of COD i shouldnt lag out of ACB

and ACB is like q-84324085240-t9398-w9=3 times better so pleaseeee please grant us this

Citizen War
07-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by W.E.S.P:
I also support this thread, but I do have to ask.

The majority of the community accepted the multiplayer issues found in ACB & your reasons for that was, this was Ubi's 1st attempt at AC multiplayer.

Now that ACR Is almost here I am curious as to whether you ladies/gents will be as forgiving if things remain the same in ACR?

Good question. Personally I'll probably play it anyway. However, I think that hearing some new info will help to increase positive word of mouth/hype, bring back Brotherhood players that left, and keep people attached for any paid DLC. I think that people will perceive the game as having more value if these issues are fixed for the new game.

Mr_Shade
07-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Please remember that the current lag issues are being investigated - and this knowledge of problems will filter through to other titles..

Lag can be a reason for disconnections.. so fingers crossed it is resolved soon.

The match making on ACB appears to have been 'fine' before a patch or update may have messed it up - so it can have solid netcode.

Matchmaking has already been commented on being improved in ACR - so I have high hopes that a lot of the issues are being resolved.

giaquinto718
07-22-2011, 04:53 AM
deff not bashing this game that i love but how can you not laugh when this happens http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Citzen told me to post this here

Greatest Lag Kill EVER
go to 4:10 - 4:25 priceless<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x1WyDXP04E

W.E.S.P
07-22-2011, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by CitizenWar:
Good question. Personally I'll probably play it anyway. However, I think that hearing some new info will help to increase positive word of mouth/hype, bring back Brotherhood players that left, and keep people attached for any paid DLC. I think that people will perceive the game as having more value if these issues are fixed for the new game.

I will defo play it, but whether I buy it new is a different story. I didn't think I would ever say this about a game, but I hope it's released in USA 1st, only because I want to read the reviews & watch some game play. Sorry, but that will determine whether I buy it new or used. I do expect some issues, but not issues like, failing to carry out animations in blends, having to compensate for lag (to an extent) & getting disconnected.

imo the lag is a crucial part of what needs fixing, especially with a game based on timing. It's kind of useless otherwise. If they are adding all these community features then it's also paramount they fix matchmaking/disconnecting & joining friends.

I'm not saying I’m anyone of significance, but after I beat the people I wanted to beat I stopped playing because of frustration more than anything. I've recently come back & don't doubt that most of them players will also come back at some point. Why wouldn’t they? ACB is one of the most unique multiplayer games we’ve played & when it works it's a great game.

I do have high expectations for ACR. I do believe that Ubi will do their best, but whether that's good enough, we'll have to wait and see.

@MrShade. Its good to know. Thanks.

kylebisme
07-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by giaquinto718:
Greatest Lag Kill EVER
go to 4:10 - 4:25 priceless<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x1WyDXP04E
I had that happen to me the other day at about four times the distance, pretty from one corner of Rome to the opposite. It seems to me they should just scrap the current netcode and start over.

Citizen War
07-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Please remember that the current lag issues are being investigated - and this knowledge of problems will filter through to other titles..

Lag can be a reason for disconnections.. so fingers crossed it is resolved soon.

The match making on ACB appears to have been 'fine' before a patch or update may have messed it up - so it can have solid netcode.

Matchmaking has already been commented on being improved in ACR - so I have high hopes that a lot of the issues are being resolved.

Thanks Mr. Shade. Well I'll take this as a sign that Revelations should have improved multiplayer. It sounds like you have a general idea of what went wrong with Brotherhood. Thanks for admitting that something happened post DLC. I hope that all of our feedback in other threads and things like the video posted in this thread help you guys fix the game. I'll tell my friends that things should be improved in Revelations.

Stowdace
07-22-2011, 05:06 PM
How about working to fix disconnecting from hosts? Really annoying when I break a week score in a FFA match just to get kicked near the end and denied my points.

obliviondoll
07-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Stowdace:
How about working to fix disconnecting from hosts? Really annoying when I break a week score in a FFA match just to get kicked near the end and denied my points.
So... EXACTLY what the OP was talking about then?

Yeah, thought so.

Agreed.

Lag AND disconnections, both of which were minor issues on Brotherhood's release, and both of which have become MUCH worse since the pre-3.0 patch. Disconnections have particularly been getting much worse over the past few weeks, but lag's gotten pretty bad as well.

DigDug510
07-23-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm hoping the net code is better on revelations. The disconnects for me in the last week have been happening in at least every other match.

I've heard, "Dig, your connection sucks." But I checked things out and pimped out my router and it still happens.

I forwarded ports, made my Xbox IP static, checked connection speed @ DSL reports and my connection is fine (350-450 kbps upload). The game seems to be broken for me...at least more broken than it was a few weeks ago.

obliviondoll
07-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by digdug510:
I'm hoping the net code is better on revelations. The disconnects for me in the last week have been happening in at least every other match.

I've heard, "Dig, your connection sucks." But I checked things out and pimped out my router and it still happens.

I forwarded ports, made my Xbox IP static, checked connection speed @ DSL reports and my connection is fine (350-450 kbps upload). The game seems to be broken for me...at least more broken than it was a few weeks ago.
My upload's over 800 kbps, and I'm getting disconnections too. Blaming the connection doesn't explain how so many people who didn't have issues before do have issues now.

Mr_Shade
07-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Can I please ask everyone to post here?
Current Server Lag Issues - Community feedback requested (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2361024388/m/5871016539)

There's a few new questions in the first post.

Thanks in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DigDug510
07-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by digdug510:

My upload's over 800 kbps, and I'm getting disconnections too. Blaming the connection doesn't explain how so many people who didn't have issues before do have issues now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@ Oblivion, I know you've dealt with support on a number of issues throughout your time with AC:B. Have you ever inquired as to what causes the DC's in the first place. I've searched through the forums and found several theories, but none of them are official or make sense to me.

For example, I get DC'd from a match and get put right back into the same match with no problems.

Or, everyone will drop from the match and I'll get the premature ending screen. On reload, I get put back into the same match and everyone is still there.

Why does it happen and are there any fixes that we can do on our end to keep it from happening as much?

obliviondoll
07-25-2011, 04:13 AM
When I've addressed the DC issue (only in passing, because it's been a lesser issue for me), they've suggested the same things as for the lag issues.

Try changing NAT, resetting router, blaming Sony instead of Ubi and see if they can fix it, etc.

Arathar
07-25-2011, 04:54 AM
It always interests me to read these kinds of threads. Not to sound like a pompous ***, but I have never had any problems at all with acb and connecting. The worst I've had is me and another player for some reason not being able to play in the same party. I live in Indiana, US btw.

I wonder where the connection problems occur the most.