PDA

View Full Version : Need patch download site that works for 4.02 & 4.03...

drsmith
02-18-2006, 06:38 AM
I have tried to download patches 4.02m and 4.03m from 3D Gamers at mirror sites in Washington DC and California for the past 24 hours. I get messages that say "Server Already At Maximum Capacity". Sometimes messages give the number of downloads currently in effect and the number of downloaders "waiting in line". They give an estimated time from 30 minutes to 2 hours to "wait in line", but a slot never opens. The 4.02 patch was made available October 17, 2005. Should those sites be that crowded by now?

If anyone has a suggestion for a more efficient way to download these patches, please let me know. Thanks.

drsmith
02-18-2006, 06:38 AM
I have tried to download patches 4.02m and 4.03m from 3D Gamers at mirror sites in Washington DC and California for the past 24 hours. I get messages that say "Server Already At Maximum Capacity". Sometimes messages give the number of downloads currently in effect and the number of downloaders "waiting in line". They give an estimated time from 30 minutes to 2 hours to "wait in line", but a slot never opens. The 4.02 patch was made available October 17, 2005. Should those sites be that crowded by now?

If anyone has a suggestion for a more efficient way to download these patches, please let me know. Thanks.

Inadaze
02-18-2006, 07:01 AM
try here - file front (http://browse.files.filefront.com/Official_Patches/;1323811;/browsefiles.html)

drsmith
02-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks, Inadaze...I pulled up File Front, and yes, v4.02 patch is available now. However, the patch shows a "rating" of 3 stars out of 5. Does this rating realy mean anything? I think most all of my previous downloads have come from 3D Gamers. Can I expect the same quality of download from File Front as from 3D Gamers? Should I wait it out for a slot on 3D Gamers or go ahead and download from File Front?

Inadaze
02-18-2006, 07:40 AM
I should think filefront would be ok, I've never had any problems when I use them.

http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/updates.php has more options