PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft opened new movie studio?!

elvindrummer
05-08-2011, 01:59 PM
http://www.psu.com/Assassins-C...udio--a011524-p0.php (http://www.psu.com/Assassins-Creed-film-inevitable-as-Ubisoft-plans-to-open-new-movie-studio--a011524-p0.php)

I am surprised I couldn't find anything on this. But while the final phase of Assassin's Creed Revelations was being revealed I found this article on a number of sites about ubisoft opening its new movie studio! YAY!!! I think this can only mean they are making an assassin's creed movie and/or splinter cell (since they sent out that survey on both those movies). I am totally excited! Though I kinda want them to make creed animated like their trailers if they make it.

wabashop2011
05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Most likely another form of Lineage and Ascendance.

Drakonous505
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
If anyone can make a perfect Assassin's Creed movie it's Ubisoft. Here's to an Assassin's Creed movie!

ShaneO7K
05-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Would love to see an Assassin's Creed movie. Though I could a Splinter Cell movie done in the style of the Bond/ Bourne movies.

Ureh
05-09-2011, 03:49 PM
If there is a movie I'm hoping it's all cg with exact style used in the cinematic trailers. I know it's not very popular in big screen theaters but it seems to be the only way to accurately convey the AC universe and show off all those awesome, seamless parkour moves.

elvindrummer
05-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I don't know if it is for something like lineage because I wouldn't open up a whole studio just for that

And totally agree if anyone makes creed ubi needs to do it themselves!

And like I said I also think it should be CG or at least the animus shoudl be CG just like the trailers because not only would it accurately represent the story better but also I think people would be blown away.

My parents dont share the same enthusiasm I have for creed and I want the movie to come out so they can be like OMG those people were animated they looked real?! And also see how freakin amazing the storyline is.

iBoba
05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by elvindrummer:
http://www.psu.com/Assassins-C...udio--a011524-p0.php (http://www.psu.com/Assassins-Creed-film-inevitable-as-Ubisoft-plans-to-open-new-movie-studio--a011524-p0.php)

I am surprised I couldn't find anything on this. But while the final phase of Assassin's Creed Revelations was being revealed I found this article on a number of sites about ubisoft opening its new movie studio! YAY!!! I think this can only mean they are making an assassin's creed movie and/or splinter cell (since they sent out that survey on both those movies). I am totally excited! Though I kinda want them to make creed animated like their trailers if they make it.
ASSASSIN'S CREED OVER SPLINTER **** ANY DAY MY FRIEND, I'LL BE WEARING ALTAIR'S ARMOR WITH 50 OTHER PEOPLE TO THE MOVIE AND WALK OUTSIDE.

elvindrummer
05-09-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by iBoba:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by elvindrummer:

ASSASSIN'S CREED OVER SPLINTER **** ANY DAY MY FRIEND, I'LL BE WEARING ALTAIR'S ARMOR WITH 50 OTHER PEOPLE TO THE MOVIE AND WALK OUTSIDE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha I would totally dress up and go to midnight show! It'd be awesome!

gamertam
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Yes, i would pay to see Sam Fisher or Altair/Ezio on the silver screen. From experience, game to movie adaptation don't normally do well at the Box Office. I can name a few video games to movies that weren't great, in term of tickets sell.

Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil
Doom
Street Fighter
and so on...
just on top of my head.

Anyway, whether the movie will be a big ticket seller or not, i rather would have Ubisoft do in live and not animated or CG.

Ureh
05-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by gamertam:
Yes, i would pay to see Sam Fisher or Altair/Ezio on the silver screen. From experience, game to movie adaptation don't normally do well at the Box Office. I can name a few video games to movies that weren't great, in term of tickets sell.

Mortal Kombat
Resident Evil
Doom
Street Fighter
and so on...
just on top of my head.

Anyway, whether the movie will be a big ticket seller or not, i rather would have Ubisoft do in live and not animated or CG.

I thought the Resident Evil movie franchise was a fairly high grossing movie? It does better than most other movies from different genres. I think it also earned the most among game-to-movie adaptations so far? But it's not very highly acclaimed by RE purists and people who always need a thick story, poetic acting, etc.

elvindrummer
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I like resident evil lol. Stuff blowing up zombies guns is good enough for me. but creed def has more of a story to it then resident evil.

Some of the reasons I want CG are just because you could keep same voice actors and you could do some of the cool stunts and stuff.
I am afraid for whoever they cast for the parts would suck. Like in Lineage ezio was not how I pictured ezio at all. He deosn't even look like in game ezio.
Also it would be interesting to see if they did one actor for desmond ezio and altair. Or if they would get 3 different actors. And if they did get one actor he would have to be talented to do their accents and stuff.

elvindrummer
05-17-2011, 04:29 PM
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/...-movie-amp-more.aspx (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/17/ubisoft-motion-pictures-pitching-assassin-39-s-creed-3d-movie-amp-more.aspx)

also here is new movie info!
not excited bout the 3D though and I hope it isn't done by same people who did prince of persia!

gamertam
05-17-2011, 07:56 PM
elvindrummer:Some of the reasons I want CG are just because you could keep same voice actors and you could do some of the cool stunts and stuff.

yes, but doesn't it seem like a child movie rather than made for more grown ups? of all video games to movies adaptations. None had gone animated, with the exception of one Resident Evil title that i'm aware of.

elvindrummer:I am afraid for whoever they cast for the parts would suck. Like in Lineage ezio was not how I pictured ezio at all. He deosn't even look like in game ezio.

it's his father, not Ezio i believe. Anyway, have faith in Ubisoft. I'm sure they done their homework as to whom is best suit for the role. Ubisoft's fans are some of most critique fans.

elvindrummer
05-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by gamertam:
elvindrummer:Some of the reasons I want CG are just because you could keep same voice actors and you could do some of the cool stunts and stuff.

yes, but doesn't it seem like a child movie rather than made for more grown ups? of all video games to movies adaptations. None had gone animated, with the exception of one Resident Evil title that i'm aware of.

elvindrummer:I am afraid for whoever they cast for the parts would suck. Like in Lineage ezio was not how I pictured ezio at all. He deosn't even look like in game ezio.

it's his father, not Ezio i believe. Anyway, have faith in Ubisoft. I'm sure they done their homework as to whom is best suit for the role. Ubisoft's fans are some of most critique fans.

right I know lineage is about his father but ezio is in it http://lh4.ggpht.com/_5tfjMlbs.../tROUZoCqkWo/ttt.png (http://lh4.ggpht.com/_5tfjMlbsrMs/TCvf_lCmu0I/AAAAAAAABKw/tROUZoCqkWo/ttt.png)
that is him.

But I meant animated like their trailers. It is super lifelike and not very childish to me. If anything it just brings the assassin's more alive because they can do parkour and stuff.
Also I trust ubisoft but now they want hollywood to make it and Prince of Persia had a bad cast. If whoever played altiar wasn't perfect I don't know if I could like the movie. I would probabely see it but it may annoy me.

La Louve RK
05-17-2012, 01:09 AM
Ok... I'm late, I just saw the movie "AC Lineage 1"... which was good. Nice to see some story before Ezio took the lead...
On the AC site I saw it, it says 2009... part 1.... 2009... Hopefully I will get an answer. But where is part 2? I mean, it ends in a way...UUUURRRGGG! Is there a part 2? A part 2 that lasts more than 35 minutes? If no, after 3 years... will there be?
I hate "to be continued" endings! :p

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 01:11 AM
Ok... I'm late, I just saw the movie "AC Lineage 1"... which was good. Nice to see some story before Ezio took the lead...
On the AC site I saw it, it says 2009... part 1.... 2009... Hopefully I will get an answer. But where is part 2? I mean, it ends in a way...UUUURRRGGG! Is there a part 2? A part 2 that lasts more than 35 minutes? If no, after 3 years... will there be?
I hate "to be continued" endings! :p
Indeed You are late..
and If you want to continue the Movie, play AC II. Lineage has no other parts, this 35 minute film is all we`ll ever get concerning Giovanni Auditore..

La Louve RK
05-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Indeed You are late..
and If you want to continue the Movie, play AC II. Lineage has no other parts, this 35 minute film is all we`ll ever get concerning Giovanni Auditore..

Hum... I have already finished ACII, BrotherHood and Revelation as well. I think you don't get the point of my post.
This is a little like the Splinter Cell movie teaser on Chaos Theory and why they did a Prince of Persia movie or even a Super Mario bros. movie. We like to see "our passions" on screen, real life-like. And don't tell me it wouldn't be interesting to see the rest as a movie.

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 01:25 AM
Hum... I have already finished ACII, BrotherHood and Revelation as well. I think you don't get the point of my post.
This is a little like the Splinter Cell movie teaser on Chaos Theory and why they did a Prince of Persia movie or even a Super Mario bros. movie. We like to see "our passions" on screen, real life-like. And don't tell me it wouldn't be interesting to see the rest as a movie.
Oh I apologize I thought you meant a continuation of Giovanni`s story, thanks for clearing that up..
Yes I would greatly enjoy an AC Full-length Movie, but I would be concerned by its quality and how Canonical is it to the rest of the bigger story and universe, because If I find one single mishap in terms of story; I will just act as if this Movie never existed..

La Louve RK
05-17-2012, 01:57 AM
Oh I apologize I thought you meant a continuation of Giovanni`s story, thanks for clearing that up..
Yes I would greatly enjoy an AC Full-length Movie, but I would be concerned by its quality and how Canonical is it to the rest of the bigger story and universe, because If I find one single mishap in terms of story; I will just act as if this Movie never existed..
No prob. I should have been more detailed.
A real full length movie would be nice OR, yes, a part 2 to the mini film. You cannot just give a lollipop to the fans and then take it back! As I know an actually blockbuster movie aint out now, I was hoping at least for a mini-film "part2"... Oh well.

Assassin_M
05-17-2012, 02:00 AM
No prob. I should have been more detailed.
A real full length movie would be nice OR, yes, a part 2 to the mini film. You cannot just give a lollipop to the fans and then take it back! As I know an actually blockbuster movie aint out now, I was hoping at least for a mini-film "part2"... Oh well.
Well, If what We`ve heard is true then we may very well get a Full movie some time..
There has been talks about an AC Movie with Sony;)

Serrachio
05-17-2012, 02:48 AM
I doubt they will make a giant movie retelling the events of Ezio or Altair's life.

I mean, new people to the franchise wouldn't buy the games when they could learn all they wanted to in a movie that would cost less. That's netting Ubisoft less money than they'd like to.

I have a feeling that the Assassin's Creed film that Ubisoft are producing at the moment will feature a new character.

Also, I'd suggest against bumping year old threads.