PDA

View Full Version : which USN torp bomber for MIDWAY?CORAL SEA?

aminx
10-08-2004, 08:13 AM
if this is the final list then can someone with experience give me a civilized reply to my question.
aminx

aminx
10-08-2004, 08:13 AM
if this is the final list then can someone with experience give me a civilized reply to my question.
aminx

Willi_Wombat
10-08-2004, 08:15 AM
oogah boogah boogah!

wuggle85
10-08-2004, 08:16 AM
do u mean wich usn torp bombers were at midway, coral sea?

firehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gifstarter

VW-IceFire
10-08-2004, 08:18 AM
A whole lotta Devastators and 6 Avengers.

Of course...at Midway, the striking blows were not delivered by torpedo bombers (although they did distract the CAP) but by Dauntless dive bombers.

Midway saw the effective end of use for the Devastator with so many shot down.

aminx
10-08-2004, 08:19 AM
ok,now try giving me an uncivilized answer.
aminx

aminx
10-08-2004, 08:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
A whole lotta Devastators and 6 Avengers.

Of course...at Midway, the striking blows were not delivered by torpedo bombers (although they did distract the CAP) but by Dauntless dive bombers.

Midway saw the effective end of use for the Devastator with so many shot down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hello icefire,
but i dont see the devastator ai on the final list of today that's my point.please clarify
aminx

owlwatcher
10-08-2004, 08:23 AM
Midway had TBD, TBF and B-26 carrying torpedos.

Would have to check on Coral Sea.
I think only the TBDs.

aminx
10-08-2004, 08:57 AM
we all know that,i mean in the sim,
aminx

huggy87
10-08-2004, 09:36 AM
I originally saw the TBD on Luthier's list. He since modified it this morning and I don't see it anymore. Don't know why. I really hope it is in the game, at least as AI. I don't know why anyone would want to fly that P O S.

Tdavart
10-08-2004, 09:55 AM
I guess it was a POS as you put it, but quite a few brave souls died flying what they knew was a sitting duck. It would have been great to have tried doing what they did, virtually of course. But this must be a mid-late war sim of the Pacific, cause without the TBDs, even as AI, it sure ain't early war, and Coral Sea and Midway won't be complete. I think I'll hold off buying this.

Burnin_777_AVG
10-08-2004, 09:57 AM
The TBD was not completed in time to make the final cut. It will be in an upcoming patch as AI.

BV

aminx
10-08-2004, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Burnin_777_AVG:
The TBD was not completed in time to make the final cut. It will be in an upcoming patch as AI.

BV <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi burnin,
nice to hear from you and thanks for serious reply,that gives us some comfort because we really need it.
also looking forward to flying your beaufighter with torpedoes at the end of the month.
cheers
aminx