PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* Desmond and the animus

reecethebest
11-21-2011, 10:02 PM
In AC Desmond went in to the animus because no one was around to stop him.
In two he went in for the long drive to the ranch or farm
In brotherhood he went in because he had acoma
But in revelations he has no reason to go back in. He "knows what to do." so why go in to the animus and why go into the black room

Radman500
11-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by reecey_b:
But in revelations he has no reason to go back in. He "knows what to do." so why go in to the animus and why go into the black room

umm.. you got your AC history wrong, buddy

sticks165
11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Radman500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reecey_b:

umm.. you got your AC history wrong, buddy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
haha yup

reini03
11-21-2011, 10:36 PM
In AC Desmond went in to the animus because Abstergo forced him to.
In two he went in to race the templars to the apple.
In brotherhood he went in because they had to find out the location of the apple.
But in revelations he's in a coma.
Fixed that for ya.

reecethebest
11-21-2011, 10:37 PM
How so ?

reecethebest
11-21-2011, 10:39 PM
No I mean after the game has finished

sticks165
11-21-2011, 10:41 PM
this should probably go in the tips and hints section

reecethebest
11-21-2011, 10:44 PM
But it's general discussion on why he's back in the animus at the end of revelations when he has no reason to be in it

sticks165
11-21-2011, 10:45 PM
But it's general discussion on why he's back in the animus at the end of revelations when he has no reason to be in it so you can finish his 5 memories?

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 10:46 PM
But it's general discussion on why he's back in the animus at the end of revelations when he has no reason to be in it

So people can wrap up the game, concerning additional memories?

reecethebest
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
So story wise it means nothing.... Ok then

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Pretty much... I'm pretty sure he'll get back at the Animus though, once they figure out they can't get into the Grand Temple that easily. Also, they still need to sort out who "She" is.

LightRey
11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reecey_b:
Pretty much... I'm pretty sure he'll get back at the Animus though, once they figure out they can't get into the Grand Temple that easily. Also, they still need to sort out who "She" is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True, "there is one who would accompany [Desmond] through the gate". I think it's pretty clear thanks to Jupiter that that gate is the gate to the Grand Temple, which means that that someone still "remains to be found".

Syler99
11-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I think OP means desmond came out of acoma so why are we still trapped in it for the after game? If so the answer is Ubi doesn't want us to go to the site the group found thats for the next game so we're stuck in the animus again....

LightRey
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Syler99:
I think OP means desmond came out of acoma so why are we still trapped in it for the after game? If so the answer is Ubi doesn't want us to go to the site the group found thats for the next game so we're stuck in the animus again....
Likely. Not to mention that everything outside the animus was just a cutscene.

CkSwtos
01-14-2012, 12:38 AM
But he didn't go back in. At least there is no proof just yet that he did. The scenario ends when the undergorund cave is activated. Now if there comes a DLC with Des in the Aimus, I don't know...

naran6142
01-14-2012, 09:20 PM
its really just so we can complete memories. In-game wise, Desmond has no reason to go back into the animus (at least not to view ezios memories)

LightRey
01-14-2012, 09:27 PM
But he didn't go back in. At least there is no proof just yet that he did. The scenario ends when the undergorund cave is activated. Now if there comes a DLC with Des in the Aimus, I don't know...

We didn't see him go back in, no. That was rather curious. However, I think it's quite possible that the SP DLC will show something like a cutscene giving Desmond a reason to go back in.