PDA

View Full Version : newbie ? about pilot career mode...

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
I apologize in advance...I have looked for this in the forums and in the manual but have been unable to find anything. In Pilot Career mode, if I'm shot down/bail early on in the mission, I proceed to "Quit Mission." In the next screen, the debriefing tells me that I need to train more or try again another day but on the bottom of the page, there is no button to save and continue. My only choice is to refly the mission over and over again until I "complete the mission." If my guy "fails the mission" but lives, I would like to proceed to the next day of the campaign-I mean, you aren't going to be successful every day out, right?

Is there a setting I can change somewhere to change this or am I just out of luck? Seems weird since the debriefing talks like you will move on to the next mission but then you can't without reflying it.

In advance, thanks...

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:10 PM
I apologize in advance...I have looked for this in the forums and in the manual but have been unable to find anything. In Pilot Career mode, if I'm shot down/bail early on in the mission, I proceed to "Quit Mission." In the next screen, the debriefing tells me that I need to train more or try again another day but on the bottom of the page, there is no button to save and continue. My only choice is to refly the mission over and over again until I "complete the mission." If my guy "fails the mission" but lives, I would like to proceed to the next day of the campaign-I mean, you aren't going to be successful every day out, right?

Is there a setting I can change somewhere to change this or am I just out of luck? Seems weird since the debriefing talks like you will move on to the next mission but then you can't without reflying it.

In advance, thanks...

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:17 PM
in IL2 ... not really. You could land and sit and wait till the rest of the flight landed and sometimes it seemed to let you go on but usually not.

in FB you seem to be able to do it

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:26 PM
I believe there's a conf.ini file change you can make... memory is failing me at this time... essentially if you survive the mission, even if failed, you still advance,

bumping in hopes of someone providing more explicit instructions /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
Cheers,
CG

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:26 PM
test

<center>http://canflag.ptbcanadian.com/images/provincal/small.coat/crest.gif
</center>

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 05:28 PM
You have to complete the mission to advance to the next one. The only way to avoid this is in your difficulty menu. Unclick "Instant Success". This will have to be done before you start the campaign though, as once you start the campaign, you can't change the settings.

Da Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland
<center>
http://www.elknet.pl/acestory/foto1/hartm1-2.jpg

Message Edited on 06/23/0309:29AM by BuzzU

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 07:23 PM
AHA! Thank you, thank you! I knew I was missing something. I never understood what the "instant success" button did and on some nights, it seems that the "instant failure" button has been inadvertantly toggled on. Then, consecutively, the "hot temper" and "foul language" buttons get triggered and it ain't pretty.

Practice makes perfect so here I go...