PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE MAKE A DECENT TRACK CONTROL TO SEE OUR TRACKS!!!

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Dear Oleg:

I love so much your idea of +1/4, +1/2, -1/2 and -1/4, but i will agree you as a film maker if it's possible in the next patch or as a new patch to come with only this modification to add a more accurate control over the time in the tracks I and we record. For example, rewind,, i will love a rewind and fast rewind, to take this glorious moment of bombing or the gunning of my bf-109E to these huerricanes... from another angle... AND NOT HAVE TO SEE ALL TRACK ANOTHER TIME...!!!
Do you know waht I mean? Please, consider this, because a lot of filmmakers will agree that to you.

P.S.:I make this request with the faith that's possible, to do in the game, and thanks for all those great moments I pass in the air

FREIE JAGD!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 12:05 AM
Dear Oleg:

I love so much your idea of +1/4, +1/2, -1/2 and -1/4, but i will agree you as a film maker if it's possible in the next patch or as a new patch to come with only this modification to add a more accurate control over the time in the tracks I and we record. For example, rewind,, i will love a rewind and fast rewind, to take this glorious moment of bombing or the gunning of my bf-109E to these huerricanes... from another angle... AND NOT HAVE TO SEE ALL TRACK ANOTHER TIME...!!!
Do you know waht I mean? Please, consider this, because a lot of filmmakers will agree that to you.

P.S.:I make this request with the faith that's possible, to do in the game, and thanks for all those great moments I pass in the air

FREIE JAGD!!!!!!

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 08:31 AM
This has been requested many times by people who didn't know how tracks actually work.

Tracks are no movies -- they are scripts that record the player's inputs. When you replay the track, the game engine replays the mission using that script instead of the real player's inputs.

You can't turn back time when you actually play the game -- and obviously you can't rewind the game when the track/script plays it, either. Because one thing has to come after another.

If you want to see a certain scene again and again without having to replay the whole track, just record a short online track (.ntrk) of that scene while you watch the original track.

---------------
http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/stulogo-banner.jpg (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/)

Kampagne für IL-2 1.2: I-16 - Kampf im Kaukasus (Deutsch) (http://home.arcor.de/rayluck/sturmovik/kampagne.html)

BM357_Raven
12-11-2003, 09:24 AM
They get long easily because the action makes you forget to hit stop/start..Plus it's hard to anticipate good footage. But man, the movies you can make with this game and especially After Effects is awesome.

So for the big movie maker, I dunno, but maybe in the future there could be a <--reverse scan feature that doesn't play backwards as much as jumps back to a previous position and a scan --> that jumps forward to a new position. OR, better yet, perhaps you could see a counter and input a start point to play in reference to the total 'recorded time' of the ntrk...?

Blazing Magnums 357th VFG

http://bm357.com/bm357_raven_with_guns%20copy.jpg

http://www.bm357.com

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 03:56 PM
Replays has got to be one of the best things of FB! I use to fly EAW and wish for it in that. Now I still watch custom replays (with dramatic views) of fights I had months ago! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire Whiner member).

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 05:48 PM
Actually the NTRK format is generated by an in-game packet recorder. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

This is why NTRK files from old versions work with new versions of the game and TRK files do not.

TRK - Player Inputs
NTRK - Packet Recorder

Both formats are "sequential" in nature and that is why you'll never be able to rewind them.

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Yes... But saving the state data of the objects at certain intervals "MIGHT" be possible. And that would give the viewer the ability to "jump" (not rewind) back and replay a section.

Just an idea from a coders perspective, don't know for certain that it can be done.

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 08:34 PM
I'm not seeing it happening anytime soon.

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 08:45 PM
CPS_Shadow, your answer has been the one i red with a really excitement state of mind If it could be possible, only that thing you say...It would be the best thing in the world. Your system, I think, is to save in some intervals or points; for example 10 points in the track and press 3 times "rewind" button and...then, you're 25 seconds before the footage you wanted...Better than wait almost 5 o 6 minutes even with fast forward. Please, if you're a player, expand the idea in all il2/fb forums, and all of you pilots, wing colleagues, please do the same, as we can see the best fils ever done in il2/fb!!!!

Thanks a lot ot all!!!

FREIE JAGD!!!

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 11:07 PM
At the very least it would be nice to have a "time to start" entry that would advance through the script without any graphics at the fastest speed possible until that point is reached. That way, if I know that I want to capture starting at 5:34:12 I can do it multiple times without having to watch 00:00:00 through 5:34:11. Of course, if the engine can never process faster than 8x then it's a moot point.

-WhtBoy.