PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Up after load?? Happen to anyone else ?

gsc67
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Hello All !

I receantly had to clear my hard drive and put my Windows XP back on my puter.. Clean slate ! Soooo....after many months without being able to play I installed the SHIII Sim, and licked my chops ready to play....then sadness set in. It loaded, and I got my crew ready, got my realism all set, and pushed start to get on the boat. As soon as it loaded.... the music played, but it stayed frozen for 5-6 seconds, then the boys at the controls moved for a split second, froze again for 5-6 seconds...ect..ect... errrrrrr ! Now....I ran this game before some virus attacked my computer many months ago. But I am wondering..is it my computer or the game now ? I am running over 750megs of ram, 2.8ghz Cel., and a Nvidia 5200GF card. Any help would be grateful indeed ! OH ! I loaded for ha has my SH 2 and it did the same thing.
Thanks !
Cappy GSC

gsc67
06-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Hello All !

I receantly had to clear my hard drive and put my Windows XP back on my puter.. Clean slate ! Soooo....after many months without being able to play I installed the SHIII Sim, and licked my chops ready to play....then sadness set in. It loaded, and I got my crew ready, got my realism all set, and pushed start to get on the boat. As soon as it loaded.... the music played, but it stayed frozen for 5-6 seconds, then the boys at the controls moved for a split second, froze again for 5-6 seconds...ect..ect... errrrrrr ! Now....I ran this game before some virus attacked my computer many months ago. But I am wondering..is it my computer or the game now ? I am running over 750megs of ram, 2.8ghz Cel., and a Nvidia 5200GF card. Any help would be grateful indeed ! OH ! I loaded for ha has my SH 2 and it did the same thing.
Thanks !
Cappy GSC

bf2player2006
06-01-2007, 11:09 PM
ahh a little more RAM and a better video card should do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gsc67
06-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Yes....Thank you ! I think my Vid Card bit the dust ! This is what I have in mind....tell me what you think.

SAPPHIRE 100166L Radeon X1650XT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Chipset Manufacturer: ATI
Core clock: 600MHz
DirectX: DirectX 9
DVI: 2
Memory Clock: 1400MHz
Memory Interface: 128-bit
OpenGL: OpenGL 2.0
PixelPipelines: 24
TV-Out: HDTV / S-Video / Composite Out