PDA

View Full Version : So mute is the only ability which negates aerials/acrobatics?

thedoctorisin
12-21-2011, 03:47 AM
I was playing wanted the other day and i was hoping to get an acrobatic on my target but he spotted me nonchalantly climbing down towards him, popped mute and ran, i was fairly close to him when he used mute which prevented me from killing him. I was surprised as even above the ground i couldn't do anything. Is there a vertical range on mute as well or is it unlimited? Just wondering because if i had been a bit higher perhaps his mute wouldn't have affected me.

xCr0wnedNorris
12-21-2011, 03:48 AM
Mute works vertically and horizontally.

thedoctorisin
12-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Mute works vertically and horizontally.

I know that, but what is the vertical range on it?

xCr0wnedNorris
12-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Same as the horizontal range.

thedoctorisin
12-21-2011, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Same as the horizontal range.

Yeah, the spherical effect it generates must highlight the reach of its vertical range. Thanks!

Kytr
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
It can actually stop you after you start a kill -- I had someone pop mute on me after I jumped for the kill. I landed next to him and had to kill him again and lost the acrobatic bonus (mute wore off by the time I landed). I was not pleased.

thedoctorisin
12-22-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Kytr:
It can actually stop you after you start a kill -- I had someone pop mute on me after I jumped for the kill. I landed next to him and had to kill him again and lost the acrobatic bonus (mute wore off by the time I landed). I was not pleased.

Wow, really? I guess that makes sense, getting muted in a mid-aerial/acrobatic kill should make you miss your target entirely and land on your face for teh epic lulz.

obliviondoll
12-22-2011, 03:40 AM
Mute interrupting mid-kill is a lag issue, not actually that in interrupted - you'd already jumped by the time the server realised you were Muted and couldn't do so. Happened in ACB occasionally too.

Kytr
12-22-2011, 10:25 AM
It's possible, of course, but that would make the guy the dumbest player in the game. Firing a mute to stop an acro kill (there was no approaching character close to him that could possibly have been a threat) then not running out from under. It doesn't make sense. I suppose he could have just dropped his controller and fired mute by mistake.

Nope, I like my explanation better.