PDA

View Full Version : Ability bug or just me?

utriej
12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Wanted to check with my fellow forumers to see if it's me before I post in the Bug thread. Didn't read every page in there, but didn't see this mentioned.

1. Ability not popping, usually smokebomb
Will have smoke on cooldown, see a pursuer/target coming and go to hit it and I get the clicky noise and messasge "ability not available yet" message. Has happened at the start of the match as well as well into it.

2. Killing my own poison.
I have had this happen more than just once or twice. Either will do the walkby poison or smoke/poison, then somehow, WITHOUT hitting the kill button or ANY button on the controller, I launch into a kill animation.
Similarly, will poison then try to run to avoid the stun, and I do a stupid taunt--with my finger NOWHERE NEAR the triangle button!
I have even switched controllers to make sure it wasn't a bunk or bugged controller

Anyone else have this happen (in addition to the many other bugs?)

deadly_thought
12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
number #1 is rapidly becoming my signature move usually happens in hide groups but sometimes in the open

i can mash the button till the cows come home then get stunned

TheMute88ORL
12-08-2011, 11:25 AM
I have never seen these but I don't play a lot and I've used poison maybe 10 sessions.

E-Zekiel
12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I have abilities fail sometimes. Glad to know it's not only me.

It's always smoke bomb that does it, though. I'll press smoke bomb. Game is like NO! NO SMOKE BOMB FOR YOU!

I don't get a "not ready yet" message, but sometimes I get the buzzer for it. Sometimes, it just happens with no indication at all. It's very annoying.

obliviondoll
12-08-2011, 12:06 PM
Ability fails happened in ACB too.

As usual with carried-over issues from ACB, it almost never happened before the pre-3.0 patch that broke everything else.

E-Zekiel
12-08-2011, 12:09 PM
In AC:B it always consistently said "ability not available" when it failed, and gave the sound as well. For me at least. In AC:R it comes across as a lack of responsiveness. Or maybe lag...Per the server, I already died, while to me it looks like I'm still alive and ready to smoke bomb.

Just Krispy
12-08-2011, 12:15 PM
. Ability not popping, usually smokebomb
Will have smoke on cooldown, see a pursuer/target coming and go to hit it and I get the clicky noise and messasge "ability not available yet" message. Has happened at the start of the match as well as well into it.
All the time...also I hate dropping smoke then killing an NPC even though I am facing my pursuer and he is RIGHT NEXT TO ME.....ARGH

Skuldpt
12-08-2011, 12:17 PM
This usually happens to me with MUTE

MR-SMITH1994
12-08-2011, 12:28 PM
never happened to me however i lose my abilities sometime and must DIE to get them back =/

utriej
12-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Glad to know it's not just me. Both are rage inducing for sure. Especially when I've had a good incog, focus, hidden, poison. Once I had it with a 2x kill, yelling at the TV ensued.

Will add it to the list in the bug thread even though I doubt any of the annoying bugs will ever really get fixed.
Don't know how I can kill/stun the person next to me when I have my target LOCKED!!!

marq08
12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Number one happens to me. Then when I die and come back the ability is on cooldown. It's a rather interesting bug. I don't have it happen more than once every dozen games or so so I've attributed it to lag on my end til I read this thread.