PDA

View Full Version : Invisible I16s

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Dear 1C,
I would like to draw you're attention to the fact that the third LOD of the I16s is somehow off, or rather practically invisible. In this range they are impossible to spot or track. Weird thing is, in the fourth LOD, when you are up at 5k, you can see the I16s fine. They then are quite visible as a dot, but you are too high up do anything about it: in the dive you will overspeed, will have to pull up and will always loose visual because you'll find yourself in the third LOD range. This makes it impossible to fly historical LW tactics. I was wondering if this could be adjusted. Thank you in advance.
Aufpassen!

Message Edited on 09/28/0312:15AM by Aufpassen

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Dear 1C,
I would like to draw you're attention to the fact that the third LOD of the I16s is somehow off, or rather practically invisible. In this range they are impossible to spot or track. Weird thing is, in the fourth LOD, when you are up at 5k, you can see the I16s fine. They then are quite visible as a dot, but you are too high up do anything about it: in the dive you will overspeed, will have to pull up and will always loose visual because you'll find yourself in the third LOD range. This makes it impossible to fly historical LW tactics. I was wondering if this could be adjusted. Thank you in advance.
Aufpassen!

Message Edited on 09/28/0312:15AM by Aufpassen

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 11:59 PM
Where is your proof that I-16 did not have active camo technology and that it couldn't turn invisible?

You is wrong be sure!

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 01:47 AM
You are an As*hole!

and to your reply: No, you are an As*hole

CrackFerret wrote:
- Where is your proof that I-16 did not have active
- camo technology and that it couldn't turn invisible?
-
- You is wrong be sure!

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 02:26 AM
Ha, you miss sarcasm...be sure!

XyZspineZyX
09-29-2003, 01:08 PM
Not only I16 has this prob. Mig3, Me323 are the same on some adjustments. They just missing, not single pixel. I ussually do medium zoom when they miss, it helps, but its not a solution i know. It is a problem from old il2 times, where mig3 was dissapearing in some distance and some other planes. Ohter planes have to big LOD like bf109 who is bigger then some bombers at distance. Unfortunatly i dont think so development team will do enything with this, they have much more work with some others problems. Cheers.

<center>http://acn.waw.pl/jg300/Stronajg300/images/obrazki%20do%20strony/banand.jpg

Fly fast, stay high, shoot to kill.

XyZspineZyX
09-30-2003, 09:02 PM
RE: Invisible I16s

How can U tell they are I-16's if they are invisible? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

okay, a fine example how bugs should be reported instead of the usual whining.

Anyways, I fly VVS (allied planes) most of the time and i've never observed that. It just could be my ignorance.

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye
shall be judged: and with what
measure ye mete, it shall be
measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

Message Edited on 09/30/0309:03PM by Platypus_1.JaVA

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 12:11 AM
This has been a problem since IL2. The good thing is it's easier to spot friendly planes when entering a dogfight (if you fly OKL). The bad is it's still hard to see what's chasing those friendly aircraft.

Wasn't the 109 one of the smallest aircraft war? Hard to imagine why they are so large now.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 04:46 AM
One of the biggest bits of bs in the game has always been in the game.

German planes always look bigger at a distance dispite a larger russian aircraft next to them.

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:09 PM
but that doesnt mean that its because of BIAS!

XyZspineZyX
10-01-2003, 05:33 PM
CrackFerret wrote:
- One of the biggest bits of bs in the game has always
- been in the game.
-
- German planes always look bigger at a distance
- dispite a larger russian aircraft next to them.
-
-
What do you think looks bigger, a fully coloured (yellow nose, yellow tail coloured bands on the hull) BF-109 or a medium grey Yak?

It was a topic some time ago but, it was accepted that grey planes look smaller then wildly coloured ones.

And what makes you think a Yak is so much bigger then a 109?

measured to you again.

http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif (http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/index.php)

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Platypus_1.JaVA wrote:
-
- CrackFerret wrote:
-- One of the biggest bits of bs in the game has always
-- been in the game.
--
-- German planes always look bigger at a distance
-- dispite a larger russian aircraft next to them.

not allways, the new La5 and La5F Lods are quiet large at medium distance

--
--
- What do you think looks bigger, a fully coloured
- (yellow nose, yellow tail coloured bands on the
- hull) BF-109 or a medium grey Yak?
-
- It was a topic some time ago but, it was accepted
- that grey planes look smaller then wildly coloured
- ones.
-
- And what makes you think a Yak is so much bigger
- then a 109?
-

aah, now I understand!

Once in dogfight against a Yak we became separated. At full zoom the Yak was a small dot flying away from me, then a 109 flew into the view and I thought great his joining my wing to chase the Yak

suddenly the Yak opened fire and I thought what the hell does he fire at??? I needed some seconds to recognize that he fired at the 109!! The 109 wasn't joining my wing, he was IN FRONT of the Yak that was only o single dot on the screen!!!

so "wild colors" increase the siluette ~10 times and grey reduces it to dot size, right? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Regards,

quiet_man

second foundation member of the EURO_Snoopy fan club!

I'm quiet_man, but if I post I post quiet much /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Platypus_1.JaVA wrote:
-
-
--
- What do you think looks bigger, a fully coloured
- (yellow nose, yellow tail coloured bands on the
- hull) BF-109 or a medium grey Yak?
-
- It was a topic some time ago but, it was accepted
- that grey planes look smaller then wildly coloured
- ones.
-

I read this and HAD to comment. Take a grey skin and put it on a 109. Then make a bright orange skin and put it on your Yak. Both planes are relatively the same size, the Yak being slightly larger.

With your theory, you should see the Yak much sooner, correct?

Now go into the QMB and set them as AI, same side as you. Fly out to the distance where you just see a little dot. You will soon notice the difference in size.

Kinda shoots holes in your color vs. silouette theory.

Hard core VVS guys know this... That's why they almost HAVE to put on their landing lights when they get in trouble - for their mates to see them.

I have never really cared about that too much though. The green - see from 8 million miles away - tracers the VVS shoot kinda make up for it. Besides, your team mates can pick you out a little better when you get in trouble (If you fly OKL)

The tanks though... now that's something I dont like. Some tanks are nearly invisible. Which ones? I dont know, I never was good at tank recognition in full real arenas. But the little trick of turning off stencil buffer (GForce cards) still works well for locating ground targets.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 05:21 PM
I have to agree with you auf. The I16 is a real problem. When you fly at 5k you can spot them even if they are quite low on the deck but as soon as you go down to 3k for example to be able to dive. they become invisible. going down to fight them level is too dangerous and BnZ is not really possible quite often. sometimes you can only follow the tracers of the AAA and hope to find an I16 somewhere there.

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 09:08 PM
Fehler wrote:
-
-
- The tanks though... now that's something I dont
- like. Some tanks are nearly invisible. Which ones?
- I dont know, I never was good at tank recognition
- in full real arenas.

Like they where supposed to be invissible, they where cammoflaged /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif When they are driving, you can see the dustcloud but, when they halt, it is really hard to see them.

measured to you again.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 09:25 PM
quiet_man wrote:

-
- aah, now I understand!
-
- Once in dogfight against a Yak we became separated.
- At full zoom the Yak was a small dot flying away
- from me, then a 109 flew into the view and I thought
- great his joining my wing to chase the Yak
-
- suddenly the Yak opened fire and I thought what the
- hell does he fire at??? I needed some seconds to
- recognize that he fired at the 109!! The 109 wasn't
- joining my wing, he was IN FRONT of the Yak that was
- only o single dot on the screen!!!
-
- so "wild colors" increase the siluette ~10 times and
- grey reduces it to dot size, right?

No really!! The sky is always gray blueish in FB. Light grey blends much better with that then other colors. I've experimented with light blue skins to see if that helped even more but, that wasn't the case. The plane then just lightens up and you can see it clearly. If the attacking plane was higher then you, he could clearly see you against the ground. We did a little contest/research about that in our squad and the conclusion was that some shades of medium grey is splinter cammo was the best for fighters.

Small rendering against the sky and little vissibility against the ground.

Try it yourself!

measured to you again.