PDA

View Full Version : From a VIIb to VIIc Tower

gsc67
07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
I just paid 3000K to switch to a VIIc boat... It showed a tower tha extended out to the rear of the boat. But I guess that is an add on later. So, what was the use cause the boat is the same? And now for some reason when I go to P-Depth, the tower seems to hover out of the water a little unless I manualy bring her down to about 12 to 13m... The only thing I got was an upgrade engine for a few extra renown cost, and 3 months in port !!! Did I waste my time here ?

gsc67
07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
I just paid 3000K to switch to a VIIc boat... It showed a tower tha extended out to the rear of the boat. But I guess that is an add on later. So, what was the use cause the boat is the same? And now for some reason when I go to P-Depth, the tower seems to hover out of the water a little unless I manualy bring her down to about 12 to 13m... The only thing I got was an upgrade engine for a few extra renown cost, and 3 months in port !!! Did I waste my time here ?

Foehammer-1
07-08-2007, 03:54 PM
In my experience, it is totally not worth it to switch to the VIIC if you have a VIIB already. Yes, that conning tower breaches the surface frequently, which is one of the reasons I don't use that boat. All upgrades are exactly the same as for the VIIB. If you sail the IID or something and wait till VIIC becomes available, go for it. Otherwise, if you start in the 7th and you have the VIIB already, wait till the IXB becomes available

Foehammer-1
07-09-2007, 07:22 AM
I just remembered. The only reason you might want to get the VIIC is for the fourth conning tower, the U-Flak configuration. Awesome AA firepower, but by the time you get it it's really not worth it anymore, since B-24's will bomb you from beyond the range of your guns, and you'd have to dive anyway.