PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, please consider the following...

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 12:16 AM
I love IL-2FB. However, the one and only thing that keeps irritating me are the "in cockpit" views. I prefer to play with cockpit on always. The problem is I can't just leave one setting that works for both Allied and Axis aircraft.

The view I would prefer to just leave as my default view is the standard wide angle pilots view. I do not like the pilots gunsight view at all as the cockpit glazing framework changes and obscures much of your outside viewing. Also on the German aircraft the sight is off center and requires the gunsight view to see the aiming retical.

The main reasons I enjoy the standard wide angle pilots view is that the pilots head bob/movement and aiming retical drifting seem more lifelike in lieu of the more rigid pilot head bob/movement and aiming retical drifting in the gunsight view.

I do my best dogfighting with the standard wide angle view and find myself wishing I could use this in the Axis aircraft. This is a good compromise for me as I only use my hat switch and the wide angle pilots view makes the hatswitch more user friendly.

If it is possible, could the aiming retical just be centered into the reflector in the standard cockpit view and the point of impact adjusted accordingly?

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 12:16 AM
I love IL-2FB. However, the one and only thing that keeps irritating me are the "in cockpit" views. I prefer to play with cockpit on always. The problem is I can't just leave one setting that works for both Allied and Axis aircraft.

The view I would prefer to just leave as my default view is the standard wide angle pilots view. I do not like the pilots gunsight view at all as the cockpit glazing framework changes and obscures much of your outside viewing. Also on the German aircraft the sight is off center and requires the gunsight view to see the aiming retical.

The main reasons I enjoy the standard wide angle pilots view is that the pilots head bob/movement and aiming retical drifting seem more lifelike in lieu of the more rigid pilot head bob/movement and aiming retical drifting in the gunsight view.

I do my best dogfighting with the standard wide angle view and find myself wishing I could use this in the Axis aircraft. This is a good compromise for me as I only use my hat switch and the wide angle pilots view makes the hatswitch more user friendly.

If it is possible, could the aiming retical just be centered into the reflector in the standard cockpit view and the point of impact adjusted accordingly?

XyZspineZyX
11-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Interesting point. I too find myself following more accurate pursuit curves along with performing maneuvers a bit more accurately when in the wide-angle standard view (non-gunsight). It's just that I can't for the life of me incorporate changing the views from "good flying" to "accurate shooting" between loading and unloading the stick (lag to lead) for the shot, then shoot accurately while flying to the same degree of precision. I feel your pain, but have nothing to add to the discussion of any benefit, unfortunately. I just do the best I can in the gunsight-centric view cause I never know when a snapshot opportunity I didn't set up for may arise.

=/