PDA

View Full Version : Na'vi Are OP?

Zedrein
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
The Na'vi are over powered in MP. i am not the only one that thinks this. it takes forever to take one out..even in a Suit. maybe some balancing could of several things could help.

Zedrein
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
The Na'vi are over powered in MP. i am not the only one that thinks this. it takes forever to take one out..even in a Suit. maybe some balancing could of several things could help.

trayballa
03-22-2010, 07:00 PM
the navi have been the underdog in the game we have to tough it out ..dont be coward we got the advantage we connect with the tree's

Star_Union
03-24-2010, 05:50 PM
i find it the other way round as most people play the map the RDA do best on

Brandestoc
03-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I'd say both have their strengths and weaknesses.

But as is, the Na'vi weapons a bit too powerful, since every weapon they have, can kill you in two hits, three if you're using Zeta field on RDA.

What the RDA have at their disposal that is "OP" are two weapons, the flame thrower and the grenade launcher. All other weapons are underpowered to those.
This, ironically enough, means that the RDA are the most stealth based side to the game. The Na'vi can take the bullet hits, and survive running from one side of the map to the other, at an RDA goon with an assault rifle. While a lone RDA can only hope to win IF and only IF he can get the drop on the na'vi.

The RDA dominate the map IF, there is enough of them. One RDA soldier is a pushover. 8 times out of 10 a one-on-one fight will end with the na'vi victor.
Get two or more of them together and the force multiplies. Though a very proper excuse to say "well, TEAMWORK!" that unfortunately doesn't work since there's no rapid coms ability (i.e. VoIP).

For me, what makes the Na'vi (and to an extend the RDA) "odd" to fight, is the unconditional dodge move.
This affects the RDA the most, since their dodge move (dive-roll) is less of a dodge than the Na'vi's "jump-airspin". There are no adverse effects to using dodge: no temporary speed penalty, no attack/skill use penalty. On the contrary, you actually move faster if you constantly dodge, making the speed boost skill redundant. And the constant dodging makes for a great headache inducer.

Actually, when I was typing this post, I remembered the MAIN reason why the Na'vi are considered OP. Their weapons reach far further than they are supposed to. You can see this most clearly in single-player as RDA when assaulting any of the many na'vi outposts.
In a fight, the RDA lose because they actually have to aim, which is made difficult by the constant dodging. The na'vi don't have to aim (exept with the bow, but no one seems to use that), and their weapons are VERY powerful with ridiculously wide areas-of-effect.

dragon2529
03-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Though it is true some Na'vi weapons are OP, such as the club/axe, any skilled RDA player could easily take out a Na'vi 1v1. Being a skilled Na'vi, it's easy to be taken down by the use of simple combos such as the repelling attack and the flamethrower. PLUS RDA get Amp suits, which makes it even easier to beat a Na'vi. Think of it, Na'vi are limited to only one ranged weapon and 3 melees, which means they have to run all the way up to the RDA to kill it. That gives the human plenty of time to shoot, burn, or blow up the Na'vi before it even touches it. All in all, when it comes down to it, any skilled player can beat either race.