PDA

View Full Version : The HUD is horrible!

i0ta
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
First off I love this game and have been following its progress since it was announced. I absolutely love the art direction/graphics and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play.

But...

Having had my first glimpse of the complete HUD I have to say I think it is absolutely horrible and I think it is going to ruin the whole experience. From the early movies I saw of the game I expected that the HUD would be super minimal so it wouldn't detract from the cinematic atmosphere.

From what I've seen it looks like a lot of the HUD could be hidden until a button is pressed to change the option ie. bottom lefthand corner. Also I hope the button prompts at the top right of the screen can be turned off, although I suspect they are there for demo purposes. The health(?) bar in the top left of the screen is far to intrusive especially when it glows red. And radar? Please no, there must be another way. Although the worst thing has to be the enemy highlight, it totally ruins the experience. All in all I pretty much hate every aspect of the HUD/indicators.

Please don't wreck this awesome game and all the hard work you've put into it with a substandard, jarring HUD.

ScytheOfGrim
07-18-2007, 07:35 AM
personally, i like the HUD.
(here comes the flaming...but im use to it...)

i think it adds to the story of the game. maybe you're right about the weapon selection thingie at the bottom left, but the button prompts are ABSOLUTELY essential for a game like this, where one button can do 50 different things. otherwise this game wouldnt be user friendly.
well, thats my opinion at least... the map is needed for a game with special things such as leap of faith spots and rest locations and mission locations...etc.

especially considering the size of each city.

EDIT: welcome to the forums BTW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

SCARFACE_47
07-18-2007, 09:07 AM
(look i try to make no joke)
i think the hud is like smokin aces and sin city
it´s not perfect but it could be really much better
like the one in the first splinter cell; just a little line and then put in a little map with symbols and this guard meter
but if not, i think i will just close the hud ^^

MKCC14
07-18-2007, 09:35 AM
It doesnt bother me so its not a big issue IMO. The game isnt going to be perfect so there will be things you wont like about it. Just like every other game.

sCM_redruM
07-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I agree with the original poster, over the top HUDs are very last gen-ish...

There is no reason why there needs to be an HUD that is constantly moving, it does detract from the games ambiance...

The HUDs are so apparant, it's almost like the game has black bars on the side...Developers put so much time and effort into a game, but never any thought behind, "Why does this health bar need to be here.."

Again, the HUD is cluttering the screen, and it doesn't have to be like that...If you need to explain to gamers, every few seconds what options they have, then the developers didn't do their jobs...Gamers shouldn't need an indicator of what options they have available, it should be obvious on screen and if it isn't, then that's a design flaw...

JN006
07-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by i0ta:
I absolutely love the art direction/graphics and it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play.

AHAHAHA...
He wants to make sure he doesn't piss me off http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kidding http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

SCARFACE_47
07-18-2007, 10:51 AM
funny thing is i never expected a hud xD
maybe a small map

the_assassin_07
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
i agree that the hud is 2 big and obvious but i love the targeting system.

-You can't escape the Assassin-

i0ta
07-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
personally, i like the HUD.
(here comes the flaming...but im use to it...)

i think it adds to the story of the game. maybe you're right about the weapon selection thingie at the bottom left, but the button prompts are ABSOLUTELY essential for a game like this, where one button can do 50 different things. otherwise this game wouldnt be user friendly.
well, thats my opinion at least... the map is needed for a game with special things such as leap of faith spots and rest locations and mission locations...etc.

especially considering the size of each city.

EDIT: welcome to the forums BTW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I think the button prompts will just be dead space once you learn how to play the game. Gears of War has a bunch of different features assigned to the 'A' button, and depending on what you're doing it will perform different actions. Obviously having not played AC I can't say for sure.

Also regarding the radar surely this could be a function that you hold down a button to view, or points of interest could be indicated in the actual game environment.

As redrum said I just think it will be a shame to clutter up the screen with HUD when there must be other alternative solutions that aren't so in your face.

drfeelgood8849
07-18-2007, 11:16 AM
i kind of agree but i doubt they'll change it

quicksilver_502
07-18-2007, 11:43 AM
i don't all that much care... looks fine to me.

ScytheOfGrim
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
to me, the HUD is fine, probably cuz i've played a zelda game...

has anyone noticed that the HUD has the same layout as zelda titles...?

GET BACK TO WORK JN!!!(please http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif)

drfeelgood8849
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by quicksilver_502:
i don't all that much care... looks fine to me.

yes! someone else who doesnt care that much about something this small

T_Spoon_UK
07-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Meh, looks a bit oo-eer to me, dont really mind though.

Woody990
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
It wasn't what I was expecting but now that I've got used to it I think it'll be really good for gameplay and looks good as well.

sireatsalot91
07-18-2007, 01:49 PM
woops, i accidentally said yes, my bad. I don't think the HUD is too bad, but the life bar is a little big i thought. Besides, in alot of games you can turn the HUD off.

scatheofshadows
07-18-2007, 02:05 PM
im ok with the HUD actually the health bar is defenitly needed ...DUH! the minimapits not in the way of anything so why not and the buttom prompts...well i agree with ScytheofGrim they do so many things and err i think that covers everything but just bcuz i can say it i will....i DO not like the highlight i would love it if the highlight people thingamajig only came up during eagle eye =)

Cathaldus
07-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I actually really like the healthbar. It adds to the weird future thing.

P.S This is my first post so I'm a noob.

Hidden-Blade
07-18-2007, 03:23 PM
I think the HUD is ok. And its made better by the fact that to unlock the whole map of a city, you have to climb to a high place and look over it.

ocataco
07-18-2007, 03:37 PM
there shouldnt be any HUD http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
healthbar maybe, but not so...obstrusive?
nooo ubtton prompts. learn what the buttons do.
targettin thing is kinda annoyin, but you do have to hold a button to target i think i heard. so i can live with that.
the weapon selection thing should go die in a hole.
and you do need some sort of "how much people hate you" meter.. idk..you decide..

chewie1890
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Wow good idea, remove the thing that tells you what the buttons do, and tell people to learn what they do. Absolutely brilliant.

I mean each one of these buttons does completely different things in different contexts, and you want people to just learn what they do in every context? How do you expect them to learn what they do in the first place?!

Let's also remove the prompt which tells you which weapons are assigned to what, and just have a fun guessing game! People will love being in the middle of a fight and try to change from a short sword to a long sword and actually pull out a switchblade when they're just starting, it'll be so much fun!

Woody990
07-18-2007, 04:15 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

i0ta
07-18-2007, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by chewie1890:
Wow good idea, remove the thing that tells you what the buttons do, and tell people to learn what they do. Absolutely brilliant.

I mean each one of these buttons does completely different things in different contexts, and you want people to just learn what they do in every context? How do you expect them to learn what they do in the first place?!

Name another game that has what the buttons do on screen all the time? Ok it's a bit different than other games, but there aren't that many different sets of buttons. Also like other games you can learn what the buttons do either from the manual or through tutorial levels at the begining of the game. Do you honestly think you're going to be looking up to the top right of the screen to find out what you can do in the middle of a fight? You'll work out what all the buttons do in different situations and no longer need the prompts. I just hope it's like a 'tips' option you can turn off.

Let's also remove the prompt which tells you which weapons are assigned to what, and just have a fun guessing game! People will love being in the middle of a fight and try to change from a short sword to a long sword and actually pull out a switchblade when they're just starting, it'll be so much fun!

If you read my original post I didn't say anything about removing it I was saying elements of the HUD could be made invisible until a button is pressed, it's one part of the HUD I don't mind.

chewie1890
07-18-2007, 04:56 PM
First I'll say this. I wasn't talking to you. That post was directed at ocataco or whatever his name is.

Name another game that has what the buttons do on screen all the time? Ok it's a bit different than other games, but there aren't that many different sets of buttons. Also like other games you can learn what the buttons do either from the manual or through tutorial levels at the begining of the game. Do you honestly think you're going to be looking up to the top right of the screen to find out what you can do in the middle of a fight? You'll work out what all the buttons do in different situations and no longer need the prompts. I just hope it's like a 'tips' option you can turn off.

Name another game that has context sensitive buttons which so-far I've seen about four different options for each button, that's a grand total of at least sixteen buttons all changing dependent on the situation. This isn't even including the variations you'll see with each weapon, and the ability to press the trigger to change you're mode of attacking. That could lead to a very large amount of variations for each button. Something a little hard to learn especially considering that this has been touted by many as a completely new control scheme where we have to un-learn everything we've already learned...

I actually do plan on looking at what I can do in given situations, that's the only way to learn. I plan on looking at the buttons and the fighting via peripheral vision. My focus is gonna change through out the fight.

If you read my original post I didn't say anything about removing it I was saying elements of the HUD could be made invisible until a button is pressed, it's one part of the HUD I don't mind.

Like I said this wasn't directed at you.

deskpe
07-18-2007, 05:06 PM
..i think the radar-thing looks a bit boring
all the other stuff looks great

bosnianguy
07-18-2007, 05:07 PM
i ahve to admit the healthbar is a little too big, but it does have the sci-fi element. The button thing is very helpful though and i dont think i would ever learn all the buttons with their variations, so the HUD is good in my opinion, but the health bar is a little too big.

HorTyS
07-18-2007, 05:33 PM
i wouldn't call the HUD horrible, but things like the button prompts, mini map and weapon selections should be something you can toggle on/ off in an options menu. or choose the degree of transparancey for, like they did in crackdown for example.... i think that once you know the controls, you'll instinctually be pressing the correct button, all you have to know is what part of your body you want to use, & you know what button to press.

ScytheOfGrim
07-19-2007, 04:43 AM

Name another game that has what the buttons do on screen all the time?

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...you dont play a lot of games do you???

zelda (DUHHHH!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif)

bobbylucifer
07-19-2007, 05:54 AM
my 2 cents - the HUD is a necessary evil (how else could you know how many times altair will "block at the last second" and like chewie pointed out, it would be pretty difficult to learn what every button does in every situation). the most intrusive part of the HUD is in my opinion the "block bar" at the top left and thats one which makes little sense to remove so i dont see them making it possible to turn the HUD off.

ScytheOfGrim
07-19-2007, 05:56 AM
i pointed out the thing chewie said!!!

he just plagirized... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

bobbylucifer
07-19-2007, 05:56 AM
i suppose credit goes to you then http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dragonc1aw
07-19-2007, 08:20 AM
I think that the HUD needs to be improved. An option to disable/minimize it would be nice or a fade feature for when there is no change in the HUD.

The Contextual Buttons need to stay and the size was nice, large enough to see but not blocking the view.

I like the distance meter on the radar, but everything else seemed a little bulky.

I think the weapon selection should not be on the HUD.

The "block meter" was the worse part, the spinning double helix might have a purpose that is unknown at the time and might be essential but the size was really large.

FOR the minimized HUD I think it should be just the alert indicator(red/yellow flashing symbol) and the distance-to-objective indicator.

ScytheOfGrim
07-19-2007, 08:26 AM
welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

and thanks for not making a "*GASP*Altair Has a Missing Finger!" thread.

ya know, i think that you ma be the only person that posted in this thread stating that the important things should stay and what exactly can be minimized.

i may not agree with you, but at least you're better than whiny people that say "i dont lyke da hUd!! i wanit 2 B koooler, or nO hUd at all!*more whining...*"

and i praisee you for that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

THETRUEALTAIR
07-19-2007, 09:39 AM
I think that if Ubisoft has some sort of purpose for the HUD that we are unaware of at this moment then it should stay but i would like to see an option to have bare minimum or even no HUD.

dragonc1aw
07-19-2007, 09:41 AM
I've been a mod on a couple of forums before and I know the "typical" new posters.
I also want to add that the HUD now might be needed for some of the secrets yet to be uncovered in the plot.

a-secret-threat
07-19-2007, 11:40 AM
show me a pic of the hud so i know wat ur takin about... please

danfoz
07-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by THETRUEALTAIR:
I think that if Ubisoft has some sort of purpose for the HUD that we are unaware of at this moment then it should stay but i would like to see an option to have bare minimum or even no HUD.

I'm hoping so. That grotesque health bar is enough to kill the mood. I'm even OK with the radar. Otherwise this looks like such a slick game.

Being able to TOGGLE THE HUD ON OR OFF would be great! ( I used all caps for any devs prying eyes... not that my humble opinion would count of course)

danfoz
07-19-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by a-secret-threat:
show me a pic of the hud so i know wat ur takin about... please
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/22380.html

Hidden-Blade
07-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Okay, I've changed my mind. The health bar thing and the radar should go. It would be ok if there was a map...but a radar? I would however keep the button prompts because it makes the game more user friendly and isn't to big.

altairiscool
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
You guys are pissed because THE HUD IS TO BIG. I could barely see some of that **** on the HUD.

DNBProductions
07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
I agree that the UI deteriorates the attraction of the game. I ussually tend to feel that it is sloppy design when the developers rely on UI to get their points across.

I always looked at UI as a crutch, like a small child that colored a picture for his family and uses Arrows and Names to put his points across. When he gets older he wont need to use these common symbols and words, because he will be able to get his point across vissually and realisticlly... he wont need to write, "Booboo" or "Ouchies" he could show the character vissually injured.

chewie1890
07-19-2007, 07:24 PM
I don't really see how having the weapon set-up and what the buttons would do at that point would be sloppy design. That's not really something you can demonstrate visually. The 'health' bar isn't a health bar as I've said in various other threads. It's his blocking meter, you may be able to show that visually but it's a lot more effective to have a bar. The map is the only thing I could see as being crutch-like. And to me that's not very bad, though it would be cool in my opinion to have to navigate purely by memory and what you scouted out earlier. I'm sure it would also be really annoying at some parts also...

Drunken96
07-19-2007, 10:44 PM
hopefully the simple solution of a HUD toggle option will be implemented.

StealthShottz
07-20-2007, 04:45 AM
The HUD on the demo was obviously FOR THE DEMO. It won't be like that in the actual game guys.

ScytheOfGrim
07-20-2007, 04:48 AM
wellllll...since nobody else has said it so "in-your-face" as im about to...

I LIKE THE HUD AND I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE DWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBY!!!!!

phew...finally got that out...i like the HUD. i think it should stay. it matches the plot of the game AMAZINGLY well. i also think that the lock-on thingie should stay as well.(maybe toned down juuuuussst a bit) it also adds to the plot of the story.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Woody990
07-20-2007, 04:58 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Mercenary344
07-20-2007, 06:00 PM

I LIKE THE HUD AND I THINK YOU PEOPLE ARE DWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBY!!!!!

phew...finally got that out...i like the HUD. i think it should stay. it matches the plot of the game AMAZINGLY well. i also think that the lock-on thingie should stay as well.(maybe toned down juuuuussst a bit) it also adds to the plot of the story.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif As a reply to ScytheOfGrim, I am ecstatic that the hud was only for the demo, because i believe the HUD would have completely butchered the "Block Buster" feel Jade Ramond stated Ubisoft Montreal was going for in an early interview. Though the HUD does serve a purpose for beginers, everything other than the button disply is completely useless to any hardcore history jocky(just for the record i am not a history jocky) & gamer, wich are the key audiences that Ubisoft is capturing with this game. The game is nothing short of gorgeous & emersive without the HUD & i believe Ubisoft should leave it that way with the ecception of the button display.

sireatsalot91
07-20-2007, 06:30 PM
i don't mind the HUD, but how do you know that it was only for the demo? besides, was it really that bad? The only thing that could go, really, was the the thing that told you what button on the D-pad (im assuming) equiped which weapon. Other games *cough* Twilight Princess *cough* always have what buttons do what at the side and even larger at the bottom. It also doesnt really block your view of what is going on either. I think the HUD is great by the way http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

decent725
07-20-2007, 08:48 PM
they should make it better i mean a cool game with bad hud that just makes it suk like halo's the hud's rule so it makes it cool<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ObhBJodaSCc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ObhBJodaSCc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

the_assassin_07
07-21-2007, 08:15 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif OMG That's exactly what I was thinking SNAP lol and finally sum1 that agrees with the lock on i LOVE the lock on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Mercenary344:
As a reply to ScytheOfGrim
nice to see you're trying to sound smart http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I am ecstatic that the hud was only for the demo
i bet it isnt only for the demo. show me your sources where it says that it's only for the demo.

because i believe the HUD would have completely butchered the "Block Buster" feel Jade Ramond stated Ubisoft Montreal was going for in an early interview
times change brother. they obviously realized that for a "Block Buster" feel they needed a "Block Buster", record breaking HUD.

Though the HUD does serve a purpose for beginers, everything other than the button disply is completely useless to any hardcore history jocky(just for the record i am not a history jocky) & gamer
won't you be a beginner when you start the game?
how will you know when to run or when to fight if you dont have the health bar thingie??
and what does a history jocky have to do with any of this????!!!!

wich are the key audiences that Ubisoft is capturing with this game.
they would have never tried to implement such a user friendly control system if those were the key audiences. and history jockies, once again, have nothing to do with this. either they're gamers, or NOTHING else.

The game is nothing short of gorgeous & emersive without the HUD & i believe Ubisoft should leave it that way with the ecception of the button display.
first, the HUD adds to how gorgeous this game is by giving two things to stare at; the HUD, and the graphics.

owuldnt the button display seem WAAAAAAY out of place if it lay there alone???
it needs other things to support it. otherwise it would ruin the gorgeuos game and emersiveness.

(yet another essay worthy of noobfun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)

SloppyCracker
07-21-2007, 08:31 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Though i have not read it...

..JK

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 08:34 AM
wont be surprised if you didnt...hehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

especially considering you were a Mc.Fluffy follower... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

the_assassin_07
07-21-2007, 08:36 AM
especially considering you were a Mc.Fluffy follower...
yh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif why did u join the fluffy side http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 08:39 AM
but it was sso nice and...ummm...fluffy!!!

he seduced me with his cotton(wow this is bad) balls. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif ...balls...hehe...

Golani2007
07-21-2007, 08:51 AM
WTF is HUD?

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 08:53 AM
something something display http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

heads up display?
hands upon display?
heels upon display?
hare urinating display?

i think it's the first one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dragfindel
07-21-2007, 08:58 AM
i think the hud is just fine clean and futuristic looking

SloppyCracker
07-21-2007, 09:04 AM
Did he sedused you too? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif He told me i was special... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 09:13 AM
your mom told you you were special too... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif and look how you turned out...

SloppyCracker
07-21-2007, 09:21 AM
and you too... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 09:40 AM
i think i turned out just fine...besides my sadistic nature of course...but when you're an arab...well...i guess it's in your genes...or so bush declares...

SloppyCracker
07-21-2007, 10:01 AM
But Bush (haha) could be wrong...

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 10:06 AM
not with me he isnt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

im like the product of when ussama and saddam reproduce(dont ask how...o wasnt around then and i never got around to asking...)

SloppyCracker
07-21-2007, 10:18 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif OMG!!!

ScytheOfGrim
07-21-2007, 10:21 AM
lol! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
cant believe i said that...

SloppyCracker
07-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Me neither...

Golani2007
07-21-2007, 11:58 AM
something something display http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

heads up display?
hands upon display?
heels upon display?
hare urinating display?

i think it's the first one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I still dont get it...what HUD is?

dragfindel
07-21-2007, 12:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-up_display this is what a hud is. you could have tried googling it....

StealthShottz
07-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Golani2007:

I still dont get it...what HUD is?

It is the meters on your screen, telling you your health, position on a map, etc.

AirRon_2K7
10-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Just incase you people didn't know, the HUD is toggleble toggablealbe... it can be toggled http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

7. You can play Assassin's Creed without the HUD
During the Maritime Museum demo, Patrice went into the game's options menu and disabled all of the HUD elements. This included the map, weapon selector, health bar and action selector. The screen was empy. According to Desilets, the game was designed first without a HUD, and the elements added in later in development.

Various visual cues keep you in the know, with a blurred red flash informing you of when you've been spotted, and a weird "ghostly" fade-in/fade-out effect when you're on your last legs.

Looks cool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Its from that 8 thing you didn't know thread, and bringing this back from death is easier than making a new topic and having people go:

ZOMGMGMGMA LOLOL THERES ALREDI LYK 2000)!!!1 TOPCIS ON THSI!!!111!! NOOB!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

GuStick93
10-26-2007, 01:00 AM
ul be able to turn off the hud so stop crying about it !

AltairBear
10-26-2007, 01:16 AM
That character glow. MUST GO. Or atleast be an option.

aappleyard
10-26-2007, 01:52 AM
I think the HUD is small and it suits the game

Its not to crazy its modern and the whole character glow i can live with . Because when i designe and come up with game ideas i would do the same so you know who yourtargeting plus the DNA sort of modern stuff around the target links to the whole future thing where they are messing with memories and the symbols are like that target is being focused on by you > I cant rly explane it i just like it.

AC is the most highly anticipated game for me this year.

I cant wait for it. And the HUD is perfect for me. And the HUD is helpful like someone said it helps because there are like 50+ different options to press.

Plus i like sci fi stuff http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

I gues having an option to turn HUD off would be nice if you planning on not doing the missions and just messing about so you can get a bgetter view http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AirRon_2K7
10-26-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm gonna have it off TBH, I really like it and everything, but these 'features' that replace it seem a lot less, intruding and will help with the flow of it all.

ikbengeband
10-26-2007, 03:28 AM
ohhhhhh im so glad you can turn it off yess!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KlNDRED
10-26-2007, 05:33 AM
Honestly i minded it before I knew about the sci fi twist. Hell I like it a lot more than the fable one. Green aura, blue Aura, thats refreshing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

moonsongv1
10-26-2007, 08:02 AM
King Kong has no huds. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I really thought that would be the direction games go. Getting away from the huds. I hope Fable 2 has no huds. Devs have to figure out a way to incorporate the huds into gameplay and design choices. I agree with what one poster said. Huds are very last gen. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

yehonatan.roth
10-26-2007, 08:26 AM
only problem with hud is the glitches of future jumping around the enemy's but i don't know maby they fixet it or i will get used to it...

in any way that won't be the reason for me not to buy the game...

AirRon_2K7
10-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I've barely been following Fable 2, in fact the last time I did was about June, but even I know that there won't be a HUD.

Your minimap is replaced by your dog, which takes you places... and you can abuse it... so its all good.

DeadCorpseAC
10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
I like the HUD. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

SuperbPerry
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM
I can't decide wheter I would play the game with HUD or not, not that it doesn't look good, but for a more realistic feel of it. and first play trough would be so much better, minimap ruins alot of the run around searching feel. BTW, do you think Ubi decided HUD to be voluntary cause of the forums?

Zombie_K
10-26-2007, 09:22 AM
i think the HUD is great, the targeting is something i like as well...the only thing i don't like is the GPS, map thing, should just have like you hold down a button to pull up your map, or just know it in your head, i mean basic directions and whats going around is something easy to know Especially in game with so many landmarks for reference...i just have something against the GPS tho, once I'm playing the game it won't matter...its just a little thing that bothers me

SuperbPerry
10-26-2007, 09:27 AM
yes, do like (ahh, bad example!) World of Warcraft, where the map would be something you get to trough pushing start or something. And the things that show up, will only show up when you are in the district or in a near vicinity. But I'll let you rest now Ubi, you have had a great 4 years job http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif enjoy your vacation.

Clonage2006
10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
The HUD is horrible!

You might think so, but you will also be able to turn it off.

fGuppy88
10-26-2007, 11:33 AM
UM? Who cares. Its a hud.