PDA

View Full Version : Question about neutral airfields

Afromike1
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
What happens when you land into a neutral airfield in the enemy's territory?

What happens when you land on a neutral airfield in YOUR territory?

Please state any penalties if there are any.

Afromike1
12-21-2008, 06:17 PM
What happens when you land into a neutral airfield in the enemy's territory?

What happens when you land on a neutral airfield in YOUR territory?

Please state any penalties if there are any.

na85
12-21-2008, 06:20 PM
If you land at a neutral airfield in enemy territory I think it counts as a ditch, and you have a chance to be captures.

If you land in a neutral airfield in friendly territory it counts as a regular safe landing.

mortoma
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
I think you guys mean abandoned or unused airfields. If they were 'neutral' by the true definition of the work then they'd be in neither friendly or enemy territory.

Zeus-cat
12-21-2008, 09:16 PM
If you use front markers on a map then any airfield on your side is friendly and the others are enemy.

For dogfight maps you can designate specific airfields to be the ones where planes spawn (I forget the name of this feature). If used on single mission or coop maps it turns the airfield red or blue on the minimap, but that is all it does. It is not really meant to be used on single or coop maps.

na85
12-21-2008, 10:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
I think you guys mean abandoned or unused airfields. If they were 'neutral' by the true definition of the work then they'd be in neither friendly or enemy territory. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm referring to airfields that appear on the ingame map as grey/white.