PDA

View Full Version : FAF Campaign Mission no 8 what the point!?

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi until mission no 7 in the Finnish Campaign i did enjoy myself a lot, the Finnish Summer map is gorgeous (there is something wrong with the Otherwise gorgeous winter map, under 200 meters)the missions are the most colourful ones I have seen in the FB or IL2 (Except Ossi's Campaign is still a example)
I like the HurriMk1 it is a great dogfighter, until your up for the mission no 8. when your still climbing with your four Hurri formation your bounced from above by four I-16 (I like that it is a first to me to be bounced from above in this sim and the former) but then instant dead your schwarm is caught indeed in a disatvantedge possition but i found out impossible situation to escape alive from if you try to fight the attacking I-16's i am not suprised annylonger by the historicaly inactured fact that those 20mm subversions of the I-16 type 24 wich numbered only 17 !!! examples. And yet I meet them over and over in FB no matter how many you shoot down!

Ok i like to fly this mission as realisticly as i can so i don't refly if i made it back just to enlarge my victorie number. but in this mission you don't make it back! I have reflown this mission like 15 times and started to try out tricks like fliyng back to base to lure them over the AAA at 2300m both heavy and light flak have a go at them with out result!no mather how many times i turn in tight circles over the flak with all 4 I-16's at my tail.
As soon as they are at my tail i can keep them there with out them hitting me, diving away chanching course is the end of you they just need a single hitting chance and you will lose your MG or some vital controll but a second snap shot will kill you, your engine or wing if you lucky you baill out. one time I made it back to base without tail section and one elevator left but i was so chagarin because of this mission that i retried and now for the first time since i have flown IL2 (almost everey day!) i give up!
This mission seem to alienated from what happend for real at the Finnish front, i have never heard or read anything of a superior I-16 schwarm that whiped out a intire FAF Huricane schwarm do you?

Same goes for the single mission for the Stuka against the Marat guess who is defending Kronstad harbour The 'rare'I-16 type 24 and they make shure that none of the Stuka's return from there srike especialy the player a/c seems to have some homing device that tells them where to find you you might even save some A.I. Stuka's by lureing them away from the group!
Rudel who sank the Marat was never engaged with enemy fighters in his very long career!

I am sad and sorry that the historybooks give's quiet a diffrent story then missions like this in this otherwise great flight sim!
regards'
Kees.

Btw it is maybe a idea to give the player a posibillety to refly a mission from the point where your flight will be engaged, other wise you have to restart the whole mission over and over wich cost you precious time and fun!

XyZspineZyX
06-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Hi until mission no 7 in the Finnish Campaign i did enjoy myself a lot, the Finnish Summer map is gorgeous (there is something wrong with the Otherwise gorgeous winter map, under 200 meters)the missions are the most colourful ones I have seen in the FB or IL2 (Except Ossi's Campaign is still a example)
I like the HurriMk1 it is a great dogfighter, until your up for the mission no 8. when your still climbing with your four Hurri formation your bounced from above by four I-16 (I like that it is a first to me to be bounced from above in this sim and the former) but then instant dead your schwarm is caught indeed in a disatvantedge possition but i found out impossible situation to escape alive from if you try to fight the attacking I-16's i am not suprised annylonger by the historicaly inactured fact that those 20mm subversions of the I-16 type 24 wich numbered only 17 !!! examples. And yet I meet them over and over in FB no matter how many you shoot down!

Ok i like to fly this mission as realisticly as i can so i don't refly if i made it back just to enlarge my victorie number. but in this mission you don't make it back! I have reflown this mission like 15 times and started to try out tricks like fliyng back to base to lure them over the AAA at 2300m both heavy and light flak have a go at them with out result!no mather how many times i turn in tight circles over the flak with all 4 I-16's at my tail.
As soon as they are at my tail i can keep them there with out them hitting me, diving away chanching course is the end of you they just need a single hitting chance and you will lose your MG or some vital controll but a second snap shot will kill you, your engine or wing if you lucky you baill out. one time I made it back to base without tail section and one elevator left but i was so chagarin because of this mission that i retried and now for the first time since i have flown IL2 (almost everey day!) i give up!
This mission seem to alienated from what happend for real at the Finnish front, i have never heard or read anything of a superior I-16 schwarm that whiped out a intire FAF Huricane schwarm do you?

Same goes for the single mission for the Stuka against the Marat guess who is defending Kronstad harbour The 'rare'I-16 type 24 and they make shure that none of the Stuka's return from there srike especialy the player a/c seems to have some homing device that tells them where to find you you might even save some A.I. Stuka's by lureing them away from the group!
Rudel who sank the Marat was never engaged with enemy fighters in his very long career!

I am sad and sorry that the historybooks give's quiet a diffrent story then missions like this in this otherwise great flight sim!
regards'
Kees.

Btw it is maybe a idea to give the player a posibillety to refly a mission from the point where your flight will be engaged, other wise you have to restart the whole mission over and over wich cost you precious time and fun!