PDA

View Full Version : Transfering Mission...

WOODY01
05-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi guys, I have been hosting The Flying Kiwis nights every weekend for the last couple of years, we dont run our weekend missions as a dedicated server as such, or through hyperlobby, just through the dogfight multi player side of things in IL2 at the moment. We have had dedicated servers up before and they worked well but for now it works best for us that we just run it as a straight dogfight through IL2.
My question is, why after a few hours do the players conected get 'Mission transfering' screens (ie: it drops out of play to the loading screen) even though I have not changed the mission? It happens only really after a couple of hours plus, we usually have 4 hour + sessions on the one big, highly detailed map.
Is there anything at the server end I can change to stop this? or at the client end? Im really at a loss as to why this happens?
Its certinly not a deal breaker for any of the guys, they just quit to main menu and rejoin, but it would be nice to understand why it happens and to be able to adjust anything we can to minimise it. We are packing out 20+ pilots on our nights now days which is pretty good for our lonley lost end of the world and it would be nice to stop this happening if at all possible.

Thanks for any advice.

Woody01

WOODY01
05-03-2009, 06:01 AM
Hi guys, I have been hosting The Flying Kiwis nights every weekend for the last couple of years, we dont run our weekend missions as a dedicated server as such, or through hyperlobby, just through the dogfight multi player side of things in IL2 at the moment. We have had dedicated servers up before and they worked well but for now it works best for us that we just run it as a straight dogfight through IL2.
My question is, why after a few hours do the players conected get 'Mission transfering' screens (ie: it drops out of play to the loading screen) even though I have not changed the mission? It happens only really after a couple of hours plus, we usually have 4 hour + sessions on the one big, highly detailed map.
Is there anything at the server end I can change to stop this? or at the client end? Im really at a loss as to why this happens?
Its certinly not a deal breaker for any of the guys, they just quit to main menu and rejoin, but it would be nice to understand why it happens and to be able to adjust anything we can to minimise it. We are packing out 20+ pilots on our nights now days which is pretty good for our lonley lost end of the world and it would be nice to stop this happening if at all possible.

Thanks for any advice.

Woody01

VW-IceFire
05-03-2009, 07:33 AM
I've seen it happen to me a couple of times and I know lots of people see the same thing happening. Its a bug....but as to the cause I've never been able to figure it out. Seems to be random.

ElAurens
05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
It's a frequent occurrence during long missions in online wars as well. The last time it happened to me I was 150 miles into a 250 odd mile one way bombing run flying an H8K when I dropped to the mission loading screen.

*SIGH*

Rebooting your computer before starting the session seems to help some, and there is some evidence that add on Team Speak applications such a TS Overlay can aggravate the situation.

It's definitely a problem coded into the game though. I wish there was a fix.