PDA

View Full Version : Exteranl Torpedoes -??

jkdeibel
05-09-2005, 10:08 AM
While on patrol I had 3 fish left - one in the aft and 2 in the foward tubes - with 2 more in the external tube and lo and behold my first convoy was spotted. I wanted to load the external fish into the 2 empty foward tubes, but could not. I could not find any info in the manual and they were coming closer so had to go with only 3, but was able to get a large and small tanker. It could of been better if I could of got those other 2 loaded. Would appreciate any help on this for futhere patrols.

Lovo_Kasistan
05-09-2005, 10:10 AM
You have to drag them into the free reserve slots and not into the tubes.

TheRealWulfmann
05-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Those are externally stored torpedoes and take a long time to move for reloading, about an hour and you must be surfaced and not on silent running. Drag them from their external store (click on weapons officer then weapon management, the right icon) and drop them in the correct T-room (forward to forward, stern to stern) you will see the warhead change from blue to black and if you hold the curser over the torpedos it will show a time for it to be moved. The more men in the Torpedo rooms the faster it moves but is still slow.
If I use any torpedoes on the way out for a single ships, I move these then to an inside position so when things are hot I do not have to wait when I may need them most. Drag them to any open slot where a torpedo spot is available.
Wulfmann