PDA

View Full Version : Request About Announcement of Release of SoW - BoB



Lancelot_ecv56
10-28-2007, 08:19 PM
Well, i apologize in advance if i sound childish, and if this was posted already. But since i want, and kinf of need, to upgrade my system, i was waiting for this game to be released to do it. And we are ending October 2007, it seems to me too obvious that SoW Battle of Britain wont be out on December of this year. So my little request to 1C-Maddox and Ubi, its if they could make an official announcement about the possible release of BoB.
This sound is a little selfish, but i don't want to upgrade now, and maybe the game is released early of 2008 and the recomended system is way above what i bought.
Well, that's all, a little official statement, it's all i ask, i don't mind to wait 6 months, a year, or more for this game, but i dont want to spend a lot of money on a new system now that maybe wont be enough to run the game with all the details. We all have experience of sims and games that needed more than what is recomended on the box to run it decently.

Thanks in advance!

smokincrater
10-29-2007, 12:54 AM
If only they would!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

knightflyte
10-29-2007, 01:42 AM
I wouldn't hold 1C to a firm date myself, but something along the lines of don't exect it for another six months or don't expect it for another year would be fair.

MANY folks have not upgraded for over two years at the unction of Oleg recommending waiting until the game is released.

Regardless of some of the recent happenings in IL2 land, we simmers are a pretty faithful bunch. A HINT of when to expect it for upgrading reasons isn't too much to ask.


If you MUST upgrade now I'd recommend a motherboard that will have an upgrade path. I have a dual core in my recent machine, but can upgrade to a quad core when needed. I don't use SLI, but I can upgrade when and if I want to. I have 2 Gigs of memory, but can hold 4 Gigs f I want it.

muchaclopiec
10-29-2007, 02:07 AM
The longer we wait the better really. Think about it, hardware and software applications have yet to catch up with Vista, so we may as well wait longer for all the new specs to come out to keep pace with vista, SOW , Fsx....

Lancelot_ecv56
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by knightflyte:
I wouldn't hold 1C to a firm date myself, but something along the lines of don't exect it for another six months or don't expect it for another year would be fair.

MANY folks have not upgraded for over two years at the unction of Oleg recommending waiting until the game is released.

Regardless of some of the recent happenings in IL2 land, we simmers are a pretty faithful bunch. A HINT of when to expect it for upgrading reasons isn't too much to ask.


If you MUST upgrade now I'd recommend a motherboard that will have an upgrade path. I have a dual core in my recent machine, but can upgrade to a quad core when needed. I don't use SLI, but I can upgrade when and if I want to. I have 2 Gigs of memory, but can hold 4 Gigs f I want it.

Thanks for the advice knightflyte, i will certainly keep it in mind. I decided that i will upgrade now because its very obvious that we will not see this game this year, or the beginning of the next year.

Chivas
10-29-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm guessing since the game will be Open GL we won't need an DX10 compliant card although most new cards will have this feature. SASQ...hinted that an Nvidia card would be a good choice.

It would be nice to know if the SOW series could use quad cores effectively or just stay with a fast dual core cpu.

Lancelot_ecv56
10-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Chivas:
I'm guessing since the game will be Open GL we won't need an DX10 compliant card although most new cards will have this feature. SASQ...hinted that an Nvidia card would be a good choice.

It would be nice to know if the SOW series could use quad cores effectively or just stay with a fast dual core cpu.

This is only speculation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, but since Maddox tried always to get most possible from hardware, i think than SoW will get benefit from quad cores. But for time being, i will go for the dual core, for performance/money rate reasons, and keeping in mind that probably i will upgrade again 4 to 6 months after the release of SoW. Spaculating the it will be release some time in the middle and end of 2008.