PDA

View Full Version : Constantinople Impressions

ACSineQuaNon
11-20-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm still unsure on whether or not to buy the game. I've watched a ton of gameplay videos, and Constantinople doesn't seem to be that great of a city. For those who have the game, is the city always the same color (orange/brown)? The skybox always seems to be this dirty orange/brown color? There's also this haze/fog that never seems to go away. It's really turning me off. I may be the minority, but I enjoyed Rome, for the most part. Although the urban sections weren't great, the environments had great diversity ambiance wise, especially the contrast between the city and countryside.

Is Constantinople always/mostly always that rusty color? Is there always that blurry haze?

roostersrule2
11-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
I'm still unsure on whether or not to buy the game. I've watched a ton of gameplay videos, and Constantinople doesn't seem to be that great of a city. For those who have the game, is the city always the same color (orange/brown)? The skybox always seems to be this dirty orange/brown color? There's also this haze/fog that never seems to go away. It's really turning me off. I may be the minority, but I enjoyed Rome, for the most part. Although the urban sections weren't great, the environments had great diversity ambiance wise, especially the contrast between the city and countryside.

Is Constantinople always/mostly always that rusty color? Is there always that blurry haze? Constantinople is a great city the best of all the AC games. The hazy fog is only in 1 distict and is not always on. It's also far more dense then Rome so not much countryside.

gamertam
11-21-2011, 12:00 AM
First off, speaking from someone who likes AC games very much. With all it flaws and achievements. Despite what you've read and seen about ACR. Assassin's Creed Revelations is a buy in my opinion. Only if you have prior knowledge great and/or small from previous titles before, and that you have any doubts about AC's universe needs to be answered. Then yes, this is the game. Otherwise you'll be lost.

also, the online multi-player does looks a bit sharper than Brotherhood's multi-player.

(yea but still, i prefer all the Brotherhood's characters though, heheheh. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Syler99
11-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Hey if you hate that city based off of a few screen shots you'll really hate being trapped there 96% of the game! It's a bigger version of Rome with a river running between it and the same looking buildings with a few ruins thrownin. I really hated it and in Ezios time frame you leave once and come back within an hour other locations are only mention only like Acre you don't go there personally Ezio does and mentions it, and in Altier's time you only go to the order's HQ that's it.

freddie_1897
11-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I've been to Istanbul and they did a great job of recreating it, you should definetly buy it, the dust and fog isn't around much at all and it's a really diverse it feels like 200x better than Rome and I also enjoyed Rome a lot!
P.s probably the best advice: just rent it and see if you like it, if you do, then buy it, if you don't, don't buy it!

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:

Is Constantinople always/mostly always that rusty color? Is there always that blurry haze?

Yes and Yes. The colors are muddy compared to ACB. & it's hazy alot.
ACB was vivid and clear - I obviously prefer ACB's colors and it's one reason that when I change a dye color, I always pick the ones that have something vivid - like his belt/sash thingy.
But this is in no way a game killer - it's well worth the buy!!
I agree w/ the comment made about renting it.
To me, the missions are more fun & interesting - they give you more opportunity to craft your own way of completing them w/ the sync's.

The graphics really are amazing tho. Just different in style I think.

& as for one big city that someone else mentioned, I like a big city - I liked it w/ Rome too, so it's a preference issue.

If I was rating this game, I'd give it a good 9 but I'm only on Sequence 5 so far.

UrDeviant1
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by freddie_1897:
I've been to Istanbul and they did a great job of recreating it

Implying Istanbul hasn't changed in over 500 years? LOL, I'm not bashing your comment dude btw, but that just made me laugh

freddie_1897
11-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by UrDeviant1:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by freddie_1897:
I've been to Istanbul and they did a great job of recreating it

Implying Istanbul hasn't changed in over 500 years? LOL, I'm not bashing your comment dude btw, but that just made me laugh[/QUOTE
I meant the atmosphere and the landmarks, but i can see why you got confused, my bad!