PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.2

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I want this thread to be "clean", no flaming. ONLY enhancements/new features that you want to be added to Patch 1.2/1.3.

I only got one wish. I want the CE (Chief Engineer) to report the depth when you dive and surface. For ex. when you dive from surfaced, the CE reports the depth every 5/10 meters. like in reality. And, the same when you "climb" up.. This would make you feel even more that you are the boss.

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I want this thread to be "clean", no flaming. ONLY enhancements/new features that you want to be added to Patch 1.2/1.3.

I only got one wish. I want the CE (Chief Engineer) to report the depth when you dive and surface. For ex. when you dive from surfaced, the CE reports the depth every 5/10 meters. like in reality. And, the same when you "climb" up.. This would make you feel even more that you are the boss.

ezfox
03-18-2005, 01:24 AM
First they should fix the Multiplayer-Bug.
And because i play with realistic settings and have to mark my contacts on the map manually,
i really need a protractor-tool there - i cant believe that they forgott this ! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RuKo3031973
03-18-2005, 01:31 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif Please fix the multiplayer bug!! Nobody can play online right nog, because you can't choose the Ok button http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

glenninoz
03-18-2005, 01:33 AM
1. gramaphone turns off when in silent mode.
2. uzo bug fixed (installed patch = still there)

bbmak1980
03-18-2005, 01:42 AM
also problem when closing new career the game wont to save i cant exit without saving

hobnail
03-18-2005, 02:12 AM
fix the install bug

Tomcat41
03-18-2005, 02:20 AM
did u enter the right key?

5 x 5 digits, LEAVE OUT the dashes ( the - s)

??

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 02:21 AM
OK, so we have.

1. Install Bug.
2. Netcode/multiplayer issues.
3. Silent-running (gram. off.)
4. UZO bug still there on some machines
5. Save problems (aren't they fixed in 1.1?)
6. Depth reporting (First post).
7. A "pro-tractor" tool for the solutions.

Very good idea with that silent running thingy. Keep 'em coming guys!

ChaytonWarrior
03-18-2005, 02:43 AM
Since Silent Hunter 3 is already able to download (piracy wise), i am sure about that, no game last more than a week no matter what protection you got, they could with patch 1.2 remove this stupid copy protection with which many that bought it legal wise have problems with it.
But i doubt this will happen, so far i only saw Epic for the classic Unreal Tournament do that.
I really wonder, are the publisher in general either so stuborn or such stupid that they dont see that this "protection systems" besides cd keys bring absolute nothing besides costing money and the legal buyer some pain.

lms_oid
03-18-2005, 02:53 AM
This game is really cool. But please UBI, correct those bugs :

- On my first Type IIA U-boat, in the hydrophone position, I can't use the wheel to change the direction of the listening. I have to click directly on the hydrophone's compass in order to man it. During training, I had no problem with it in my Type VII.
- When I load my patrol submerged, the crew management screen is in a surface situation (and the crew is on the deck). I must give a dive order to get rid of it.

- Since patch 1.1, seems that the realism of my campaign is screwed up : Il play in 100% realism and some convoys appear on the map 100 km of my position???
- Since patch 1.1, in the same campaign, watch crew stay on bridge after diving
- Since patch 1.1, I have crashes when changing position of crew in the crew management menu using "cruising underwater layout" (3 times).

Don't know if this "Since patch 1.1" bugs wil be solved if I start over my campaign. I wil have to give it a try tonight. However, it seems that the game "does not like" when I load the patrol I started before the patch.

Several peoples are saying that the repair team does not repair anything since the patch 1.1 : I have to verify this btw.

I will edit this post to keep you up to date with my experience of those bugs.

PS - One last bug which is on my side : I attacked a cargo by 135‚? starboard angle on bow and I screwed up entering 45‚?. My fishes never made it, think I should be fired if my crew report that to BdU http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

LmS

Frederf220
03-18-2005, 02:53 AM
Hobnail, that's starforce acting up on you. Contact Starforce and/or try new firmware for your DVD drive.

I hope Patch1.2 fixes the bug introduced in 1.1 where I always have Auto Map Contact on, I've made a new campaign, a whole new profile, started the game with both settings (so see if turning it on, game, off, game would unstick it) no luck.

Mr_Nakajima
03-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Radio messages to be accessible via the radio operator, not just by hitting 'M'.

bbmak1980
03-18-2005, 03:00 AM
and this is very important please give us the chance to stop the music so i only can hear my songs. you understand? when i say sound off in the men√ľ i also dont can hear my songs. i dont want to hear that songs from the game.

only my songs and the crew maschines etc.

Overlord_NL
03-18-2005, 03:46 AM
It would be nice to have a follow own sub button, to much hasle to keep chasing my sub with view buttons.

Mr_Nakajima
03-18-2005, 03:53 AM
The <shift> and <ctrl> buttons do not currently allow rapid movement or fine control of the view for the surface gun as they do for periscope or deck views. The latter would be especially useful for placing shots in the same part of the target.

TS-uxmax
03-18-2005, 03:56 AM
related to nav map:

- i like to have a button to center my boat on the map.. this feature was from first (ship)launch in SH2 implemented.

- easier deletion/setting of waypoint marks,
this should also be fixed as it's an important feature, too!

MKSheppard
03-18-2005, 03:58 AM
Make the watch crew on the bridge not instantly
appear on deck the exact moment the bridge breaks
the water; it's just unrealistic; the boat is still wallowing
in the water, and the bridge can still end up under a wave,
which in real life would flood the boat and send it down.

mabad
03-18-2005, 04:00 AM
The possibility of automatically replacing stressed crew on station with relaxed crew. (A check box to enable/disable would be enough).

If everybody is stressed, well, Herr Kaleun has to cope with that.

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 04:02 AM
Here's another summary of ideas.

OK, so we have.

1. Install Bug.
8. "i like to have a button to center my boat on the map"
9. easier deletion/setting of waypoint marks
10. Make the watch crew on the bridge not instantly
11. The possibility of automatically replacing stressed crew on station with relaxed crew. (A check box to enable/disable would be enough).
12.The <shift> and <ctrl> buttons do not currently allow rapid movement or fine control of the view for the surface gun as they do for periscope or deck views. The latter would be especially useful for placing shots in the same part of the target.
13. It would be nice to have a follow own sub button, to much hasle to keep chasing my sub with view buttons.
14. Radio messages to be accessible via the radio operator, not just by hitting 'M'.

Keep 'em cooming, hope the dev team checks in soon..

lms_oid
03-18-2005, 04:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frederf220:

I hope Patch1.2 fixes the bug introduced in 1.1 where I always have Auto Map Contact on, I've made a new campaign, a whole new profile, started the game with both settings (so see if turning it on, game, off, game would unstick it) no luck. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If this appear to be true, I will rollback to version 1.0 since I had no problem with it...

LmS

mabad
03-18-2005, 04:20 AM
@lms_oid

Read here DevTeam statement
Topic (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=3641071492)

Emren
03-18-2005, 04:27 AM
- A hotkey for Depth Under Keel would be nice.
- When using the compass on the navigation map, PLEASE include bearing marks on the circle!! Right now it is impossible to mark down contacs precisely when bearings can only be roughly estimated on the map.

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 04:47 AM
1. Install Bug.
11. The possibility of automatically replacing stressed crew on station with relaxed crew. (A check box to enable/disable would be enough).
12.The &lt;shift&gt; and &lt;ctrl&gt; buttons do not currently allow rapid movement or fine control of the view for the surface gun as they do for periscope or deck views. The latter would be especially useful for placing shots in the same part of the target.
13. It would be nice to have a follow own sub button, to much hasle to keep chasing my sub with view buttons.
14. Radio messages to be accessible via the radio operator, not just by hitting 'M'.
15. A hotkey for Depth Under Keel would be nice. ("End" would be perfect /David)
16. When using the compass on the navigation map, PLEASE include bearing marks on the circle! Right now it is impossible to mark down contacs precisely when bearings can only be rougly estimated on the map.

Hope the dev team see this thread and consider our suggestions, and tells us wether it is possible or not.

Trydan
03-18-2005, 05:09 AM
A few that I would add...

Firstly, if you are using the deck gun, and move away to check something (such as crew placement, etc.), when you go back to the gun, the range and direction have been reset to dead-ahead/maximum-range. It would be good if it didn't do that, but remembered the prior location. Of course, if you then submerge, it would be perfectly acceptable to "stow" the gun to the dead-ahead/max-range position.

In the german version, the compass dial should be "N-O-S-W", and not "N-E-S-W". Namely, it should have "O" for "Ost", not "E" for "East".

The "Co2" icon for the Chief-Engineer's reports should be "CO2". That is, "C" and "O" should both be capitals. The "2" should be subscripted (but I can't type that in this message easily!).

Also in the Chief-Engineer's reports, the icon labelled "air" should be labelled "Luft" in the German version.

stevenwhiting
03-18-2005, 05:39 AM
1.Fix the UZO bug (if you can fix it with the Bino's how comes not the UZO?)
2.Fix the repair crew not repairing anything (kinda destroying the game that bug is).

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevenwhiting:
1.Fix the UZO bug (if you can fix it with the Bino's how comes not the UZO?)
2.Fix the repair crew not repairing anything (kinda destroying the game that bug is). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you had taken 3sec to read thru the list of changes then you would see that its on that list. And, repairing works perfectly for me. But i'll include it on my list as well.

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 05:55 AM
1. Install Bug.
12.The &lt;shift&gt; and &lt;ctrl&gt; buttons do not currently allow rapid movement or fine control of the view for the surface gun as they do for periscope or deck views. The latter would be especially useful for placing shots in the same part of the target.
15. A hotkey for Depth Under Keel would be nice. ("End" would be perfect /David)
16. When using the compass on the navigation map, PLEASE include bearing marks on the circle! Right now it is impossible to mark down contacs precisely when bearings can only be rougly estimated on the map.
17. _Some_ users report that repairing after 1.1 does not work.

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 05:58 AM
A thought about the deck gun issue. Can it be the crew that "zeroes" the aim? When you leave the deck gun, and the crew is applied, they go into starting position? (straight ahead)

kilrathi36
03-18-2005, 06:05 AM
1. Multiplayer BUG - no OK to click
2. Once again FIX THE MULTIPLAYER
3. It would be nice to have DIRECT/IP connection option in Multiplayer so that we don't have to go through UBI.com and have chance of more problems.

I bought this game mainly for multiplayer and cannot play this still...

Thanks.

WholeHawg
03-18-2005, 06:07 AM
First off I just got the game last night and have only played for a couple of hours. I agree with all that has been said here. Good job everyone! I hope all of this gets implemented.

The one thing that I would like to see is a REALISIM button front and center. Perhaps under the Options Menu? Instead of burried in Single Mission or Campagin Interface. I like having it in those places too but I was hunting around for 30 minutes before I found it.

Also not being able to change the Resolution is anoying but I think I am beating a dead horse or barking up the wrong tree. (Beating the wrong tree?

Captain_David
03-18-2005, 06:25 AM
First of all, the realism setting is not hard to find, read the manual. But you've already found it. And you CAN'T change the res. don't even bother.

VVS-Manuc
03-18-2005, 06:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKSheppard:
appear on deck the _exact_ moment the bridge breaks
which in real life would flood the boat and send it down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
good idea! the time when the crew comes up on deck could depend on their training status ( a well trained crew can enter the bridge in a shorter time) and weather?

Deerslayer2005
03-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Deck Guns not firing at will. Or at least an explanation why they don't. Apparently some people can get this to work sort of and others can't.

archer49d
03-18-2005, 06:45 AM
There is a problem when after running a storm on the surface and sailing into clear weather and calm seas the crew keeps their foul weather gear on and the Deck Gun or FLAK Gun cannot be manned with a box coming up saying that I'm in a storm.

sav112
03-18-2005, 06:48 AM
Great post keep them coming, I've not played it enough but did see that Radio operator item were I was clicking on him after he said "new radio meassage"

I did see a line of white being deleted off the wake of a ship that looked poor, the wake did not fade it was a clear line off white on one side blue on the other.
I found M after about an hours play of the tutorials.

keep up the good work http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rigga_Mortis
03-18-2005, 06:56 AM
Here's my list, in order of importance to me.

1.) It's already been mentioned but definately need a better way to delete/add waypoints.

2.) "Follow _____" feature... so in the free camera view I can right click, or left click, or middle click or ctrl + click or SOMETHING and the camera will track the closest boat or torpedo to the camera at the time the button is pushed.

3.) In the weapons management screen, it would be nice if when you were rigged for silent running, and mouse over an empty torpedo tube, it would notify you that the crew won't reload the torpedo until you're not running silent. It's obvious to some people, but last night I forgot I had rigged for silent running and spent 15 minutes checking the manual and checking for damage to the torpedo tubes and thinking about it until I found myself under a warship undetected at 20 meters and realised I was still running silent.

4.) I wish the crew would alert me when entering shallow(er) water... I ran aground twice last night at less than 25 meters as I was frantically checking my manual trying to figure out why they weren't being reloaded. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

G-like
03-18-2005, 07:32 AM
Ive got two... one is a bug and one is a personal preference.

1. Fix the fire at will command for both deck gun and aa gun. (Unless this new patch did, havent checked). You should not have to point out each contact with Binocs, when you command the WO to do it...

2. I loved the feature in SH2 that allowed you while using the uzo or scope to bring the ship to current view. You know, if you are traveling west and looking south, you can hit the turn to view button and the ship will adjust to the current position you are looking. It just made things easier and i liked that feature. So far I havent seen this feature in SH3. It maybe there, but i didnt see it....

Thanks

TopCat007
03-18-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi everybody. Thank you Capt. David for collecting this wishlist. I would like to add two small things that seem important to me:

1. When you manually open the hatches of the torp tubes (M√ľndungsklappen), you get a message from the Waffenoffizier. But when you close them manually, you get no confirmation message. Moreover, the only way to check the status of the hatches is to go into the tower. There you can check the switches. This is very unhandy, especially because there is no shortkey (as far as I know) for the tower station. So I would be glad, if one could add an indicator for the "M√ľndungsklappen"-status in the periscope view for example. To manually open the M√ľndungsklappe makes sence, because the torps are fired more quickly, without delay.

2. In SH 2 there was a key defined with which you could adjust the heading of the boat to the bearing of the Scope or UZO. This was really very usefull. Please add this again!

Thanks
Top Cat

G-like
03-18-2005, 07:39 AM
HEHE beat you to # 2....

TopCat007
03-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Yep. Two people, one thought, and nearly at the same time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

phapponen
03-18-2005, 08:01 AM
1. allow precise turning
right now it's next to impossible to accurately turn anywhere because of the miniature size of the compass at the bottom of the screen
i want to shout "2 degrees left" etc
this is essential when aligning yourself with a ship
2. is it just me or are the sonarmen deaf?
3. less strict starforce.. i want to play the game i have PAID for

lms_oid
03-18-2005, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mabad:
@lms_oid

Read here DevTeam statement
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=857101043&m=3641071492 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the link, this is realist so why not. And it is much more easy to spot those lonely merchants that way!

However, this game is great. I hope that the dev team won't stop to enhance the game by correcting those little bugs.

vodkaphile
03-18-2005, 08:09 AM
louder firing torpedo sounds?

just doesn't seem like they fire with enough "unf".

Dangerous Waters has great firing sounds.

bertgang
03-18-2005, 08:10 AM

That's not a bug, it's hig realism!

Listening music during silent running is a non sense.

vodkaphile
03-18-2005, 08:17 AM
another feature that'd be nice --

I'm early in campaign this may actually be in the game but if it's not I'd like to see it:

News paper/war reports -- at least every couple of months, would be nice to get an idea as to what is going on outside of the uboat life.

ruskoz
03-18-2005, 08:25 AM
1)I would like to see just how to use the map in realistic settings. A tutorial if you will.

2) If you have your navagition officer set intercept course or etc.., let the map show the calculations/data on the map.

3)SOP for logging contacts and intercepting and show it on the map.

4)Also it would be cool to have a option to not have your sub be displayed on the map. Making navagting realistice (would need more tools for the map as well as a how to).

Adlerson
03-18-2005, 09:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> - Since patch 1.1, I have crashes when changing position of crew in the crew management menu using "cruising underwater layout" (3 times). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have this exact problem too.

Addy

diveplane
03-18-2005, 09:48 AM
spotted little thing the uzo at night should be
rig for red , its not when looking through
the sight, should also see a little light on the 3d tower view gauges uzo lit red..

mariness2
03-18-2005, 12:57 PM
1. Change keymap defaults. I want to use left mouse to fire, and space to change view lock/unlock. This drives me crazy.

2. Fix CTD issues (I get same one as mentioned above).

3. Autosave anytime during the game. With missions lasting hours and hours, have prereq's is ridiculous. I should be able to save at anytime, like RPG games, with various saves I can see - similar to games like Diablo or even Pirates of the Caribbean, for example.

4. MatchCourse function: to set same course as target.

5. More auto-whatever functions, for us multitasking-incompetent players.

6. Description of the Sychronized (video option) command. WTF is it? lol

7. We have decoys, but what happened to a JettisonDebris function? I thought this was used in WWII....

**I do like the fact that alot of things aren't documented, thus making the adventure that much more interesting. It adds more depth, pun intended.....

Intonation
03-18-2005, 01:22 PM
This thread is an excellent idea, I think it would be very beneficial if it was a sticky.

Many great thoughts thus far, but here's my two cents:

1) On the navigation chart, the "Clear All" button appears to do nothing.

2) Also on the navigation chart, the marks made on the map with the marker tool disappear after a while. It would also greatly add to the functionality of this tool if you could name the marks yourself, rather than have them just say "Mark 1", "Mark 2" and so forth.

3) When loading out your ship between patrols, there is a random number of advanced torpedoes, experienced crewmen and such. For example, I enter the torpedo loadout screen and there are 10 G7e torpedoes available. If this isn't enough to load out my boat, I simply load the available torpedoes and leave the screen. When I come back, there is another random number of torpedoes available.

4) Radioing the BdU with contact reports appears to do nothing expect prompt the BdU to send you a generic ("Nice job!") message from time to time.

Mjollnir111675
03-18-2005, 01:30 PM
I would like to see player controlled signal lamps either on the deck or on the 'scope so mp comm. can be easier. Would make formin' up in a pack a lil easier and a lot more realistic.
Maybe a signalman who is on the deck only @ night.
Player types in a message on an interface and then the signal man does it upon order.
Same would hold true with deciphering or we could have a realistic setting where we have to send & decipher.
Yeah,thats right brush up on yer Morse ya landlubbers!!!

Mjollnir
"For the sparkling waves are calling you to kiss their white laced lips."

wolfh2o
03-18-2005, 01:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hobnail:
fix the install bug

http://users.on.net/apoulos/error.jpg]http://users.on.net/apoulos/error.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. This is the first starforce game I've had that doesen't work. I've been optimistic about the starforce thing but maybe it's not going to work out after all...I'm having fun looking at the box http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

bigbrooklynlou
03-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Beside the changing course to where the binocs are looking, from my limited play, I'd ask for a feature that would allow the XO or some other officer to manage the crew.

I don't want to tell A,B,C to do something (I do that every day at work). I just want to cruise around and sink stuff. I don't mind the sub releated realism settings, but I wish that the managerial aspect of the game can be shut off.

Tmarks25
03-18-2005, 03:41 PM
1. How about a nice oil slick when a ship is hit and survives the hit and keeps on going.

2. Make the time for Torpedos loading a little faster than 40 mins, I mean **** I know humans can load one faster than that!

3. Implementing a resupply ship for the Subs at a safe distance away somewhere.

blue_76
03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
also, sometimes the game crashes when the mission is loading.. i get booted out to windows.. maybe it has to dow with my 512mb ram, but still, i'm sure there can be a fix for this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Osakajoe
03-18-2005, 05:05 PM
First Nights Multiplay ruined because 2 of the 4 could'nt press ready.

MKSheppard
03-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Add a button that would automatically cycle
tired crew members to crew quarters and fresh
crew members from the quarters to their posts;
I really don't feel like dragging 15~ little
icons around at times.

nstutt
03-18-2005, 07:42 PM
My wish list for any new patch would be as follows:

Please do somthing with the death screen - it comes up too fast and feels wrong. Please do a death cam or something instead.

Crew should be able to automatically rest if needed etc to remove micromanagment.

It would be nice to have some oil spills or survivors etc on the surface where ships sink to show that theyve been there.

I hate the little circle telling you where you are in the 3d camera when youre underwater. I can see the point but I still hate it.

I'm not too bothered about wolfpacks or refueling at sea for the moment but I would really like to hear communications from base/other boats telling you where convoys are if in your locality etc.

In terms of graphics I too would like to see gradual staffing of the bridge on surfacing or alternatively having to actually assign the watch yourself.

It would be nice to have a chase camera view which follows the sub - I'm forever having to chase after it with the free camera!

Thats pretty much it! Otherwise a brilliant sim, thank you very much devs!

Nats

WildCat140679
03-18-2005, 08:35 PM
I took a brief look at this post and its replies, so I may be posting things already asked.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
Workaround for nVidia bug mentioned in the Readme (now it will be possible to switch on /off the particle systems using ‚‚ā¨ŇďCtrl+P‚‚ā¨¬Ě)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Instead of adding this manual toggle on/off
Have it auto turned on when in UZO mode and off when in any other mode.
(Problem seems to be fixed with my binocalers, no more low fps when facing 0 degree's (front side boat)

-Fine Tuning of Rudder.
Would be nice if we could adjust the rudder by one (or 5) degree's with a single button press.

-External Camera Follow Mode on our U-boat and the Torpedo's would be nice.

-Fix water realisme.
Rough sea kinda screws up the realisme.
-Torps scate/fly out of the water when traveling through high waves.
-Bridge often gets hit by massive waves, what should whipe clean the man standing on it, (hooked to the bridge or not)
-Rare cases I've seen my U-boat hover above sea level.
-When submerged the up and down effects of the waves (rough sea) can still be felt/noticed at 50 meters deep and futher down, far less then top sea, . (should this still happen at those depth's???)

DrReaper
03-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Not sure if this is a known bug but sometimes my game glitches out and I get two periscopes.

TopCat007
03-19-2005, 01:43 AM
I have to add something to the "M√ľndungsklappen" topic (see above)

If you toggle through the different tubes in any way (by pressing Y or by clicking) the manually opened hatches are shut again as soon as you change the selected tube. This makes no sense, if I want to fire several torps at one target one after one. Manually opened hatches should stay open until reshut manually.

R3MF
03-19-2005, 01:59 AM
my suggestions for the patch:

1. Install Bug.
8. Silent-running (gram. off.)
0. UZO bug still there on some machines
x. Save problems (aren't they fixed in 1.1?)
1. Depth reporting (First post).
0. A "pro-tractor" tool for the solutions.
2. "i like to have a button to center my boat on the map"
4. easier deletion/setting of waypoint marks

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 02:07 AM
There is a Bering Tool in the Attack Map, not sure if that addresses 6th item.

Look at the F1 help screen in game, shift del and ctrl click allow special map related placements and deletions. Allowing you to input middle waypoints and such.

SubSerpent
03-19-2005, 03:16 AM
Here is my list....No one update/upgrade is anymore important than the next one IMHO!

1)Milkcows
2)Wolfpacks
3)Chief Engineer who states passing depths
4)Zoom feature on gauges for easier viewing
5)Ability to Courts Martial crew members
6)NAV lights on ships that are near land/ports
7)Ability to use electric motors on suface and ability to select which motors, either deisels or electric, to shutdown/startup
8)An officer's club to visit at every friendly/neutral port with the ability to place crew on 24hr pass for rest and relaxation.

StalkingPanther
03-19-2005, 04:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This cannot be stressed enough. I like the 3D Interface pretty much, but it only makes sense in the gameplay if the player is able to enter EVERY Screen via the 3D Interface:
- Radio Messages
- Mission Orders
- Logbook
- Guns
- Weapon Management Screen (Torp. reloads)
should ALL be accesible via 3D interface and the player should be able to leave them all by clicking with the right mouse button.

Except for the current flaws, SH3 is without any doubt the best Subsim ever! Hope for the bugs to be fixed soon!

Regards
StalkingPanther

Fender74
03-19-2005, 06:04 AM
i agree with lots of these suggestions.

i'd like to see.

1.clear map button working.
2.fire at will fixed.
3.accessing radio messages through operater.
4.more radio traffic.
5.lock onto own sub in external view.
6.more information relayed by crew.
still in silent running and depth reporting as others have mentioned.
7.showing your sub blowing up and sinking when you die.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Frederf220
03-19-2005, 03:57 PM
"- Radio Messages
- Mission Orders
- Logbook
- Guns
- Weapon Management Screen (Torp. reloads)
should ALL be accesible via 3D interface and the player should be able to leave them all by clicking with the right mouse button."

I agree but: Mission Orders, Guns (except maybe individual flak guns if you have more than one), and Weapon Management ARE accesible via the clickable interface.

Monkeywho
03-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Here is my list:

1. Most Keyboard commands, i.e. "M" for Message, D for Diving, S, and P, as well as others to be accessed in 3d via the correct officer for the job.

2. Going along with it. Hotspots included that allow correct manuel operation of side functions by yourself. Example: The already great hotspot us of the Atlas Echo device above the Navigation station to find depth under the keel.

3. All interior Periscope casings should raise and lower to reflect actual up / down position of periscopes.

4. All dials / read-outs need to be fixed so they function correctly. Check Port Engine Telegraph in Sonar Station on TYPE IIa

5. Exterior 3d devices, UZO / periscope / guns need to reflect last viewing position. UZO at 90 degrees viewing and then left for Bridge view should be shown at 90 degrees. This was down in SH2.

6. More verbal cues (Torpedo reloaded. . . Time to end of course. . and so on.) Most likely - Add-on due to amount of space needed for new voice-overs.

7. Chief Engineer needs to face the direction you are when acknowledging and orders. He turns away from me for Surface and Diving.

8. Individual engines for both diesel and electronic - plus more options to control them. Correct Telegraph displays. SH2 had the correct display, but not fully implemented all options. Please give us more engine options.

9. More BDU chatter with updates. Information on other subs . . ect. . Ability to make certain requests to BDU for resupply. . transfer of wounded. . ect.

10. Raincoat fix. Some crewmembers forget to change in stormy weather. They get drenched and then catch a cold. A-choo!

11. When underwater. .. . spray from surface engines should change correctly. Right now there is no change that I can see.

12. Sometimes and orange ring appears around the sub. This happens when I am on the Bridge or peering through periscope. Please fix.

13. A fully 3d modelled interior sub. (Think Add-on here. . plus all the different variants provided.)

14. Wolfpacks

15. Milk Cows.

16. People on Merchant ships

17. Taboo I know, but Life-boats in add-on. Hey . . I would like to be able to be friendly to them and give them food supplies. Only 1 case of some idiot actually shooting them. Most subs helped. Also adds more realism.

18. More ships in harbours and such.

19. Actual reports on Fuel level, battery level, not just the same page of dials.

20. Ability to make own notes in log book.

21. Book on sun / moon rising and setting times.

22. A fully functional interior (Hotpots - More options with Crew interface) - Also I like the little pop-ups that describe various intruments. .even if we can't use them yet. (i.e. not implenmented at the moment) - But also maybe make the pop-ups an option to turn them off.

23. Better menus. . Advanced Video options please. . . Better Sound - Background and Gramaphone separate please.

24. Also ability to take-over helm and diving controls manually from the crew members.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Awesome game. . must eat now. Keep up the good job!

Mr_Nakajima
03-20-2005, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monkeywho:
Here is my list:

12. Sometimes and orange ring appears around the sub. This happens when I am on the Bridge or peering through periscope. Please fix.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you delete file 'UMark.tga' (sorry, forget which folder it is in, I deleted it some days ago) the orange 'lifebelt' goes away.

The graaphic file contains the marker for the position of a submerged U-Boat, so deleting it removes the problem.

And BUMP for this useful thread as well.

Tatton1976
03-20-2005, 02:02 AM
I agree with bbmak1980, would be nice to exit w/o having to save.
An external lock onto your own boat. Its nauseous to have to hunt for your own sub when your deep.

subber1970
03-20-2005, 02:35 AM
I've had the game for a few days and I'm still in U-Boot school (87% realism). Sofar I've come across ONE issue that I'd love to see resolved in a patch. I don't have automatic map-updates enabled and it is next to impossible to accurately plot a contact on the navchart. What I'd like to see is the following;
Upon using the "compass" tool add, next to the distance the bearing to the head of the arrow. I suspect this was planned all along. Why would you call it a 'compass' in the first place when all it does is draw a circle of a certain diameter?. Of lesser importance is the ability to add comments to a 'mark'. The navchart is one of the real gems in this sim. As it stands right now it is of limited use on higher realism settings.

StalkingPanther
03-20-2005, 03:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frederf220:
I agree but: Mission Orders, Guns (except maybe individual flak guns if you have more than one), and Weapon Management ARE accesible via the clickable interface. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Frederf220,

could you please tell me where to find these screens via the 3D Interface WITHOUT using the Hotlinks at the left side?

Thanks, Stalking Panther

Dr.Trespasser
03-20-2005, 03:09 AM
Here are things that I havent seen people mention that would help out in a heated battle.

The following Audible confirmation messages

1. Strait and level at (new depth) or what would be really cool (# meters)

2. strait on new heading or (now on heading ###)

3. Tube # reloaded

as I recall the basic version of these statements were in SHII, I wonder if they would be easy to port over.

Another thing that would be very helpful that has been mentioned elsewhere is just a small list anywhere in the U-Boat listing the different nationalities and their current standings toward Germany.

Robotron3000
03-20-2005, 09:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monkeywho:
18. More ships in harbours and such.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about harbours just existing!
When toying around in the Baltic I decided to sail 'home' to Copenhagen (occupied by Germany from april 9th, 1940) only to find that a large port/city of around 500.000 people in 1940 was replaced by about 7 trees.

It also appears that the resolution of the data from which the map is based was very low. Islands (NOT peninsulas) close to the mainland is glued to the mainland. When looking at the map the sea is a dotted line of lakes not a true passage.

Given the slow speed of a sub it should not be that hard to load up a generic 'cityscape' to throw in.

Monkeywho
03-20-2005, 11:31 AM
More bugs found from Captain Monkeywho of U-2 IIA

1.) Coming back into port at night the harbor lights could be seen through one of my watch men.

2.) Battery gauges in 3d interior do not work at all. (They don't show the proper level) Neither the ones at in the aft section of the TYPE II control room or the one to the right of the Navigation station.

Suggestion:

Harbor is awesome, Wilhelm, but it took me a while to figure out which dock to dock at and to navigate my way towards it. Any change we can get some ships as escorts like the subs had in WWII?

Re: Robotron. . ah. . thanks! I haven't checked out other places yet so I didn't know about that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Yes. . more harbours as well! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cheetoes
03-20-2005, 11:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by diveplane:
spotted little thing the uzo at night should be
rig for red , its not when looking through
the sight, should also see a little light on the 3d tower view gauges uzo lit red.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is a big one. The surrounding brightness of the UZO makes it **** near impossible to see anything out of the optics at night. Also the UZO crosshairs and bearing are still in black. I have to point the UZO straight down into the water to read the bearings. All these should be in a muted red illumination during night ops.

DrReaper
03-20-2005, 12:13 PM
If you Dive your ship using the D key. You cannot hit Maintain Depth using the A key. If I get to say 25 meters and want to maintain that depth I can't just hit A I need to click on the highly inaccurate depth guage. For some reason it does call out my current depth when I hit A.

Hfael
03-20-2005, 12:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MKSheppard:
appear on deck the _exact_ moment the bridge breaks
which in real life would flood the boat and send it down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While I agree that they 'pop' out a bit too quickly, one or two breakers rolling over the top and down the hatch is certainly not going to flood the boat.

In Werner's book he recalls the XO showing him around the boat and leading him under the conning tower just at the right moment to receiving a drenching from "a heavy breaker". In my copy of the book (I don't know if all versions/reprints have them) there's a nice picture of "heavy sea enter[ing] hatch from bridge". It's a lot of water.

That's why you have a bilge.

Speederfreak
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
Any News on WHEN the Ready Button gets fixed?

I would so love to get a "release" date for 1.2 - It's impossible to play online at the moment. Please make a 1.11 patch with the only purpose of solving the MP problem. Leave the rest for 1.2 patch, an release it ASAP, but give me a 1.11 to night http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Rek_Osi
03-20-2005, 02:29 PM
i have got probleme with my mouse into the U-boot

if i try to use somthing (with left click on a usable thing), that do nothing
problems with shortcut on keyboard, on a azerty keyboard some shortcut are not usable

we are not able to ask for:
-escort when near a port
-new orders for the patrol (if sector was clear per example)
-to select precise direction for the U-boot (make an analogic screen with a + and a - to change diection ‚? per‚?
- to change the speed of each motors to can change direction if the rudder were destroy

Reaves_42
03-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Let me select a higher resolution! 1024 x 768 is to low for todays standards. I have read excuses saying that higher will result in FPS loss but I'm sure many people have computers twice as good as the recommended so I don't accept that.

Straight lines are not straight or even lines for that matter on 1024. SH2 was limited when it came to resolution and doing the same for sh3 is just not good enough.

This is a great game and if it was not for the res I would have no problems big enough to bring them up.

BaneSixEcho
03-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Here are some more suggestions:

1. "D" to dive sends you to 50m? Maybe 70m (can't remember right now)? Point being that it's a set depth no matter how deep the water is. I had 20m under keel and hit "D" just to see what happens and I ended up slamming into the bottom. I'd like to see it changed so it dives to the set depth except in instances where it's too shallow. In shallow waters "D" will dive the boat to 1m off the ocean floor or so. I can't believe the Navigation Officer would let the boat slam into the bottom.
2. Heading to view command please.
3. Load game option when you hit Esc.
4. The ability to input specific headings. Clicking on the compass is not very accurate. Perhaps being able to input a course using the number keys?
5. External view locked to my sub.

rehfett
03-21-2005, 08:37 AM
I would like voice messages for all important report from at least my officers, like.
Plane spotted
Ship Spottet
(if sub is sufacing) Ship is surfaced
(if sub is Diving) ready to dive like Hatch is closed.(luk ist zu!)
Also the energie at 50% messages and oxygen low etc.

irimi
03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Patch installed, but my PC keeps freezing after a random time (average time 30 minutes playing) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Another bug, with the binoculars : when there's big waves, if I look in the binoculars I see a flat sea, with the "bad weather" textures (dark, with foam). It's too bad for the game play, because with such a flat sea it's much more easy to spot a ship !

P4 2,4 GHz
1024 Mo SDRAM
Leadtek GeForce FX 5900 XT 128 Mo
ABit IT7MAX2
Win XP SP1

Capt._Tenneal
03-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Some sort of "Quick Navigation" feature in the dynamic campaign for us lazybones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. For example, start at Wilhelmshaven, choose the waypoint button click anywhere on your patrol area and the Navigator automatically plots a "best course" moving you around obstacles like islands and coastlines etc. Same thing for the reverse.

GT182
03-21-2005, 01:01 PM
2 things asked in other threads but not found here yet....

1. Depth Charts for the navigator. Just so he doesn't have to ping when in contact with the enemy. They had these charts I believe and they'd be nice in the sim.

2. Better steering control. Able to steer by 1 thru 5 degress for accuracy, plus 10 and 15 degree increments. This "Hard to" port and starboard doesn't cut it so well for accuracy.

necrobaron
03-22-2005, 04:42 PM
I'd like to see the ship to sub ramming DM (Damage Model) revised. I had a ship ram me, only to see it sink 5 minutes later from the damage it received from doing so. I, on the other hand, was relatively unscathed. This seems backwards to me.

skypine27
03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
I didnt have time to read this whole thread yet but...

Is there an invert mouse setting Im missing? Those of us who are used to an inverted Y axis really need it for moving around the free floating camera and manually firing deck guns.

Also, yeah, I want the life boat / screaming crewmen option!!

forager1971
03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
i think that i found another bug and solved the promotion problem. as soon as i was awarded the gold leaves to the knight's cross i got promoted on the next mission. could this get some attention in the next patch????

MC_Cudden
03-22-2005, 09:31 PM
Fix these Bugs in the next patch please

Depth gauges in the Sonar station do not work

Battery gauges in 3d interior do not work at all

Pressure gauges in 3d interior do not work too

Telegraph in the Sonarstation works wrong

At night the UZO station is without red light
and therefore its impossible to make an attack

at dive the bow goes up and the stern goes down and visa versa.
You can see it very good from the 3d interior in the boot

1.In 100% realism i received Map Updates from Radio/BDU but im submerged.
2.If the radio is damage i received the updates too. How is that possible ?

The Sonar operator can ping contacts with a IIA boot and other Boots too.
But i thought only the XXI Boot with the Nibelungen Sonar had this ability or im wrong ?

Monkeywho
03-23-2005, 12:35 AM
Another bug. .

Type XXI - Clocks aren't all synched up, or working. Clock in Command Room above CE isn't working correct. Please fix all clocks. Basically. . just go over all the subs and make sure the dials and gauges work the way they should. Sorry, but this is beginning to be sub after sub with similar issues like this.

Oh yeah. . telegraph is screwed up in the Type XXI Sonar Station. (Thanks for reminding me MC_Cudden)

Also . . check the engine status lights. . should be green for running and red for off? Right? Not all of them work throught the 3d interior.

glenninoz
03-23-2005, 02:10 AM
When you put a man on the deck in heavy seas and they are under water from a wave they should die,depart,shuffle off,drowned, washed overboard,flicked,hitch hike to heaven etc.

axeman3d
03-23-2005, 02:30 AM
I think putting the 'fire torpedo regardless of aiming, etc' button right next to the 'compress time' button might have been a bad move. The one button you dont want to accidentally press is right next to the button I use the most, and I have wasted several valuable torpeedos this way. Needs a rethink, maybe confirm the order?

I join the group wanting better warning of events such as air attack, MTB attacks, depth charges being dropped, etc. Simply dropping the compress time to 8 or 16 times still results in me being shot to pieces or blown up and left wondering what happened. Depth reports would be good too, as already mentioned.

forager1971
03-23-2005, 03:43 AM
i have hit the fire button by accident several times. once on salvo. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

diianni
03-23-2005, 09:22 AM
Great Game overall,

But i'd like to see the sub actually implode when i've gone too deep or get hit by a depth charger instead of just seeing the 'Mission Failure' screen.

andrew888t
03-23-2005, 10:16 AM
WISH LIST

I'd like to see the other ship compartments!!!

The Torpedo Room would be especially nice, for us to re-load, set the depth, speed, and open/close tube doors. Also moving thru the submarine would give us an exemptliary feel for the craft.
See the Bunks and the food swinging from the pipes, and crew asleep in their "hot-bunks".

BIG ASK.

The external View, and MORE Importantly the CONING TOWER View SHOULD!!! show Spare external torpedo stores ON-DECK! Fix this too.

Also, I found a way around the Useless positioning of the Enter key below the time compression key by editing the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\SilentHunterIII\data\Cfg\commands_EN file, to change the Torpedo fire key "enter" to time compression normal. Have a look at it if you haven't already done so. I had several Fish launched at "Empty Space" too, and got it fixed up.
Add Key assignment Screen Option. (like every other game)

The Ambient sound control in the Sound-Room Does not work. Perhaps this is still in development because the arrow turns RED over it.
Also going from Periscope back to the UPPER coning tower is impossible, we simply have to hit the F2 control room, and then arrow-up to the conning tower again. Fix this mouse click.

Remove the stupid orange Umark.tga it looks sooooo stupid when you view it in thru the periscope.

The Conning Tower crew INSTANTLY are on station. This has been already mentioned and THIS is very unrealistic. It would take 30 seconds at least to get all 5 Watchmen to station thru a tiny one "manhole"

Fix it up!!

In the original Silent Hunter... and all you old hands will know what I'm talking about now, an add-on came out called Newmaru.exe which gave us random Tonnage measures for each and every cargo ship we encountered. I find so far that every coastal merchant at least is the same tonnage. Realistically, a ship of Ammunition, and a ship of Rations is clearly of different Tare.... Fix it up!

What else... hmmm

Don't get me wrong. This is an exceptional simulator, the best yet, and I have waited and waited a long time for this!!!
It's been a long time in the making and the programmers HAVE listened to us for which I'm very grateful, and a long train since Aces of the Deep....!!!!
I've sailed em all, still got em upstars in a box actually.!!
Dangerous Waters is RUSHED that's all I'm gonna say about that dissapointing one.

SHIII is EXCEPTIONAL! My thoughts here are suggestions entitled to POLISH the sim further. Listen to us programmers. Sturmovik programmers have.
The patch is forthstanding.

Veil Jagdt.
Andrew

w00ps
03-23-2005, 11:14 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain_David:
Here's another summary of ideas.

OK, so we have.

1. Install Bug.

Keep 'em cooming, hope the dev team checks in soon.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

XINT list ....

I agree with all of Captain_David's suggestions . Count me in for the same . #13 is a biggie for me .

Tikigod78
03-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Patch Updates I would like to see....
1) Clear All Waypoint button (its annoying to add a search pattern template and have it all over land areas and have to erase each point individually) If I have a large coarse plotted and change my mind I would like to hit a clear all waypoints button to get rid of it.

2)Right click a ship in external mode that activates a follow/spot camera on that object...so you can follow merchants or subs without having to play catchup with free camera mode.

3)Reactivate ability to press compartments to move between compartments.

4)Maybe fix bug that allows you to move freely within cabin so it doesnt crash when you go thru a wall. I like being able to move freely in cabin. (shift f2) It works and is neat. But, crashes if you try going to next compartment. I would like to see maybe a limit where it stops you at wall and then having clickable option to move to next compartment.

5)A callout contact status button for sonar man and watch officer.

they don't seem to update change in course of contacts...I would like an audio callout of any course change while I am chasing a ship like every 10 seconds or so. (this feature should have ability to turn on or off if you don't want callout updates)

6)Hypothermia effect on crew....if at deep depth for too long in cold water...or in polar regions your crew works less efficiently because of overwhelming cold. Endurance drops faster and resilience drops making it harder for them to replenish their endurance.