PDA

View Full Version : Will not connect in multiplayer

XyZspineZyX
03-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi

Wonder if anybody can help me.

'IL2 Forgotten battles' will not connect via the UBI Game center.

I click join, the game starts, it does load and then on connecting to the server it keeps doing 'Timed out'???? (after ca. 1 minut)

Does anybody have an input?

My connection is 512kbs/512kbs, and my pc is P4, 1ghz ram and 9700 Pro videocard - so the pc should not be the problem.

regards walle

ps. I have been trying with both inside and outside ip-adress. But to no help. I gave no problem connecting with any other game via for example game-spy etc. (however IL2 is my only UBI-game)

XyZspineZyX
03-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Hi

Wonder if anybody can help me.

'IL2 Forgotten battles' will not connect via the UBI Game center.

I click join, the game starts, it does load and then on connecting to the server it keeps doing 'Timed out'???? (after ca. 1 minut)

Does anybody have an input?

My connection is 512kbs/512kbs, and my pc is P4, 1ghz ram and 9700 Pro videocard - so the pc should not be the problem.

regards walle

ps. I have been trying with both inside and outside ip-adress. But to no help. I gave no problem connecting with any other game via for example game-spy etc. (however IL2 is my only UBI-game)

XyZspineZyX
03-22-2003, 07:53 PM
walle,

ubi.com is not the only online service. Have you tried HyperLobby? I have never had a time out there, and like you, just can't seem to hook up with ubi.com.

Hyperlobby Online system
http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/index.php

Let me warn you now, there are many good pilots there so don't expect any easy kills./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Message Edited on 03/22/0306:57PM by steve_v

XyZspineZyX
03-23-2003, 11:17 PM
Hey Steve

Thx for the tip - ill will try my luck there and see if I can sneak thru as a bomberpilot... staying low and fast...

walle

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 11:31 PM
DK_Walle did you ever get this figured out?

My brother is having the same problem. He is on DSL and the service provider is using an internal IP and an External one to connect to the net ( Some kind of Token Ring setup I beleve). The strange thing is a friend of mine is on the same setup but does not have any problems. As for my brother IL2 is the only game that will not work. It's as if the game does not see that he is on-line and does not even try to connect.It just times out after a min, he cannot host eithr.

The only difference I see is that on my friends setup it is connected any time an application wants to access the internet. In other words, launch explorer he is on line, launch ICQ he is on line. My brothers setup however uses some internet lunch application, he connects through it and then everything should be able to access the internet.

I think this application is the problem. Although he is online with Roger Wilco, IL2 still does not see the connection. I have not had a chance to talk to my brother and see if we can avoid that connection application and test IL2. Let me know if your problem is the same. PS he is in NewBrunswick, Canada on there VIBE high speed.

XyZspineZyX
10-19-2003, 12:57 PM
Before I connect to UBI, I have to change my IP in IL2setup from the default to the bottom IP. I have to do this every single time with UBI, unlike HL. No idea why, maybe someone here could explain it...

-The Chad