PDA

View Full Version : UberDemons Uberquick etc. problem

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm having a problem with the uqmg thats drives me nuts /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ,
every time I try to clone a file I get error messages
that says, "There was an error during File Handling. Error Code:Make->MakeCloneWingFiles" and "There was an error during File Handling. Error Code:Make->WriteCloneWing" and some more along the same lines, the mission is kaput and crashes FB to desktop when I ever the optimist tries it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif . I have reinstalled uqmg more than I would like and applied the upgrade001 pack. I have even rtfm /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , anyone else having this problem ?

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm having a problem with the uqmg thats drives me nuts /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif ,
every time I try to clone a file I get error messages
that says, "There was an error during File Handling. Error Code:Make->MakeCloneWingFiles" and "There was an error during File Handling. Error Code:Make->WriteCloneWing" and some more along the same lines, the mission is kaput and crashes FB to desktop when I ever the optimist tries it /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif . I have reinstalled uqmg more than I would like and applied the upgrade001 pack. I have even rtfm /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , anyone else having this problem ?

XyZspineZyX
10-24-2003, 10:38 PM
Hi,

Although some people got it working,mine wouldn,t.Only the first zip is working.When I add the second I sit in a frosen cocpit and nothing else starts.UD waits for the new maps(think free add-on) and we get a better(working) one he says.

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 01:50 AM
any chance way back you installed the patch BEFORE the program... i had a similar problem that wasn't fixed until i ununstalled it AND DELETED the entire c:\Program Files\UberQuickFB folder, then reinstalled it in the correct order

"It is well that war is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it."
-- Robert E. Lee

Virtual Movie Forum at www.blacksheepwebdesign.net/VirtualWarCinema/ (http://www.blacksheepwebdesign.net/VirtualWarCinema/)

http://jrjacobs.mystarband.net/images/squad%20logo.jpg

XyZspineZyX
10-25-2003, 02:31 AM
Yep, uninstalled it, deleted the folder, installed it, started/closed uqmg,applied patch again, still no luck, I'm sure its something really simple I'm missing here /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-27-2003, 07:04 PM
I think you are having a common problem... it will be fixed in the soon to be released upgrade. Read this post from SimHQ:

You may have to do the following because you may be using a non USA English PC.

"Dom, g eu le meme pbm en ce qui concerne le clonage des appareils et il semble que tout les francophones ont ce pbm.
g donc reinstaller le programme complet avec les dernier patch (tout en un), et toujours les meme erreures, alors je vide le rep UberQuickFB\ini\fb100\main\staging a l'exception des sous dossiers et ensuite je passe mes parametre region sur anglais us.
resultat tout fonctione nickel.
Je vais essayer traduire ca a l'anglais mais c pas gagné.

hi demon,
i have the same pbm than dom about your sotware and i think i had to resolving it.
i just delete the files in UberQuickFB\ini\fb100\main\staging folder.
and on windows, change my parameters:
french to english(us)
with this modifs, the program create clones without any pbm.

thanks for your works"

or also:

"Hurra, it works

Thanks a lot / Mille fois merci Back

As said by Back, the solution for French users (and maybe other countries ???) is : open Windows Config Panel (in french, read "Panneau de COnfiguration"), open language options (in french : "Options Régionales et linguistiques"), then select "English (USA)" (in french : "Anglais (Etats-Unis)") ... et voila ... so simple ! Ahemm, I was very far to find out that by myself ...

Thanks again Back and Demon for your help and attention.

Cheers
Dominique"

I hope this works.

Best Regards,
Demon/œberDemon
uberdemon@uberdemon.com
http://www.uberdemon.com