PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubisoft

afshinfad
11-17-2011, 08:09 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to give a huge thanks to Ubisoft for all that they've done. This series has literally changed my life. The Assassins Creed series will go down as one of THE greatest ever made. As the final moments of revelations finished, I couldn't even describe the emotions I felt at that moment. Never before have I started to tear up at the end of a VIDEO GAME! Thank you all so so much and can't wait for the next AC!!!!

ghostferret
11-17-2011, 09:10 PM
I'll second that. The developers gave ACR an emotional and thematic core that's as strong as one would want to see in a good (perhaps great) film or novel. As a writer, I was impressed. As a fan of the story, I was not only satisfied but moved to tears. Hats off to Ubisoft for asserting their vision for this epic story and its characters.

timpbader
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Very good job indeed!

naran6142
11-17-2011, 10:41 PM
fantastic, terrific, stupendous !!

Definitively my new favorite game

round of applause everyone!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

SleezeRocker
11-17-2011, 11:05 PM
I think all the ubisoft companies that helped create this game deserve a hand. for me, the pro outweigh the cons and im very much anjoying ACR, even about 40% more than I did with Brotherhood http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I can only hope AC3 will amaze all of us!

xx-pyro
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks Ubi, great job as usual but hopefully you take the feedback from this games cons and incoporate it into AC3.

Rest in peace, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, you truly were a great character.

SleezeRocker
11-17-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:

Rest in peace, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, you truly were a great character.

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1930/eziof.jpg

obliviondoll
11-18-2011, 12:41 AM
I'd like to thank Ubisoft for the combat system in the first game.

I'd like to thank them for the storyline throughout the series.

I'd like to thank them for the constant improvements to the open world.

And I'd like to thank them for the multiplayer in ACB as it was before the ruined it in March.

Beyond that, they've made a lot of missteps, but that's not the point of this thread. Thanks Ubisoft. When you stop ruining the things which drew me to your games, I'll look forward to giving you more money.

fossa1991
11-18-2011, 01:53 AM
This is the 2 time i actually cried at the end of a game the first was mgs4.

Subject J80
11-18-2011, 02:42 AM
Have to say a big Kudos to all involved at Ubi for this game....been following since AC was first announced....and the end of this one was excellent......just brilliant....love how Ubi always make me sit back and think after I have finished an AC game. Can't say enough good things about how they handled this one....

Gil_217
11-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Thanks to Ubisoft for creating one of the greatest game series of all time for me.

Thanks to Ubisoft for the stupendous character development in the series ( e.g. Ezio character development through the 3 games is absolutely astonishing).

Thanks to Ubisoft for creating one of the best, if not the best story of all time, and it's not even over.

Thanks to Ubisoft for reaching Metal Gear's emotional levels

Chronomancy
11-18-2011, 04:30 AM
Thank you Ubisoft, ACR's ending was a magnificent climax. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Mr_Shade
11-18-2011, 04:36 AM
It's nice to see some positive comments http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

LightRey
11-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
It's nice to see some positive comments http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Indeed. People generally only come here to complain. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

iN3krO
11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Indeed. People generally only come here to complain. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe becuz we don't need to discuss what is good in the game but yes to discuss what could be better?

If i'm in this forum it's becuz i love this franchise, if i say what is bad from each game it's becuz i want it improved...

If i say AcB was the worst Ac ever made and the mechanics core stays the same it means they don't care **** about me... i did not think ubisoft was milking ac on AcB but now i'm really doing it on AcR -.- it's useless storywise!

LightRey
11-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Indeed. People generally only come here to complain. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

maybe becuz we don't need to discuss what is good in the game but yes to discuss what could be better?

If i'm in this forum it's becuz i love this franchise, if i say what is bad from each game it's becuz i want it improved...

If i say AcB was the worst Ac ever made and the mechanics core stays the same it means they don't care **** about me... i did not think ubisoft was milking ac on AcB but now i'm really doing it on AcR -.- it's useless storywise! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's nonsense. Discussing what's good about the game shows the devs what they should build on. Also, we're talking about something very subjective. A feature that one person might not like could very well be something the majority adores. If that is the case than it's a good thing that people voice their support for said feature.

The game was improved. Just not to your tastes, which really only means that, most likely, your tastes are generally different from the majority of the players.

I would also remind you that swearing is against the rules.

souNdwAve89
11-18-2011, 02:40 PM
I agree. Ubisoft has done an awesome job with these games. Yeah, they are "milking" it, but I don't care. The games have continue to get better and better with each release. There are some parts in ACR that felt a little rushed, but it's easy for me to get over it. I haven't finished the game yet and I am loving it so far. I will admit that the beginning was boring, but after all the introduction and tutorial, it started to pick up.

Tobor2000
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
I also love this series. One of the best sci-fi story-lines in modern gaming history imo.

Can't wait to see where AC3 takes us.

And please please please PLEASE wrap up Desmond's story with AC3. Again, it's one of my favorite story I've ever played in gaming, but I need some closure. I'm ready to close Desmond's story in AC3 and ready to start a new character!

iN3krO
11-18-2011, 04:14 PM
your tastes are generally different from the majority of the players.

o.o damn, me and my friends are ******ed that have tastes different from majority of players :/

It's to come the day that a fan of the series tells me on live that he likes the way the franchise was taking with AcB (that is the same way AcR is taking)... everyone who i talk personally with them about assassin's creed say it's becoming way too easy, etc, etc...

Anyway, it's normal my tastes are different from majority of the players, or, let's say, casual players... that's why i prefer Counter-Strike over Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed 1 over Brotherhood, GTA IV over GTA SA, etc, etc...

I think that AcB (i won't say Ac2 cuz it still had something special) lost what Ubisoft defined to be the Franchise in the annoucing... Maybe it's just my feel but... for me AcB is far away to be a game that's different from what i've seen so far, that's why every1 comapres it with batman, infamous, GTA, RDR and others sandbox games... Ac1 was just uncomparable with any other game.

It had everything i wanted a game to have, maybe not well polished, but it had a base... a base that was lost... that majority that didn't support Ac from the start are getting what they want, since the minority that vividly supported ac1 for what it was, got one thing totally diferent that is AcB. I won't enter into details but i would like you to know that i also thought some of the ideas now i don't like from Ac2 would be nice, but as soon as i re-played Ac2, i felt totally different.
Since i thouhgt that it could be fixed in future installements, ubisoft saw it attracted more players and decided to continue that.

But from the reviews i'm seeing, AcR is totally milking this franchise (AcB might not at all but AcR yes)

LightRey
11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
your tastes are generally different from the majority of the players.

o.o damn, me and my friends are ******ed that have tastes different from majority of players :/

It's to come the day that a fan of the series tells me on live that he likes the way the franchise was taking with AcB (that is the same way AcR is taking)... everyone who i talk personally with them about assassin's creed say it's becoming way too easy, etc, etc...

Anyway, it's normal my tastes are different from majority of the players, or, let's say, casual players... that's why i prefer Counter-Strike over Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed 1 over Brotherhood, GTA IV over GTA SA, etc, etc...

I think that AcB (i won't say Ac2 cuz it still had something special) lost what Ubisoft defined to be the Franchise in the annoucing... Maybe it's just my feel but... for me AcB is far away to be a game that's different from what i've seen so far, that's why every1 comapres it with batman, infamous, GTA, RDR and others sandbox games... Ac1 was just uncomparable with any other game.

It had everything i wanted a game to have, maybe not well polished, but it had a base... a base that was lost... that majority that didn't support Ac from the start are getting what they want, since the minority that vividly supported ac1 for what it was, got one thing totally diferent that is AcB. I won't enter into details but i would like you to know that i also thought some of the ideas now i don't like from Ac2 would be nice, but as soon as i re-played Ac2, i felt totally different.
Since i thouhgt that it could be fixed in future installements, ubisoft saw it attracted more players and decided to continue that.

But from the reviews i'm seeing, AcR is totally milking this franchise (AcB might not at all but AcR yes) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, you, and maybe even your friends think so, but as long as the games sell well, your points remain to pertain solely to the small group that is you, your friends and anyone else that agrees with you. Until a majority actually agrees, Ubisoft is doing the right thing.

CriticaHit
11-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Thank you Ubisoft, I've enjoyed every game and feel like its only improved with each new addition to the game. The storyline is very interesting and I can't wait to see more. This series is one of my top favorites and will continue to be so.

Thank you again Ubisoft, keep up the good work.

Theres more I wanted to say about someone else's post in this thread but I'll keep it to myself. /end drama

iN3krO
11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Until a majority actually agrees, Ubisoft is doing the right thing.

Why didn't they implement something like Dificult Setting? Why are you against that? I think that everyone would agree that it would be the best thing so every1 would be pleased (i mean dificult setting but i mean the hard setting to have features BALANCED and easy setting to be it's right now)... If ubisoft wants my 50bunks, then they must show they deserve my 50bunks, as they did with ac1, ac2 and psx raymans...

Heh, since Patrice didn't agree what ubisoft wanted to do out of the franchise (cuz this is clearly not the original concept) he left ubisoft, this might happen to me also, i'm not going to buy this game for sure, i will finish the SP in a pirated version but that's all...

I'm really sad to see how potential games become crappy while others become awsomeness (GTA IV turned out to be an acceptable game when i hated every previous GTA)...

ACfreak357
11-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Thank You Ubisoft for this extraordinary series.

Thank You for making me miss Ezio as a character.

And finally Thank You for developing these characters which built such a strong connection with the player that when it comes to the time for them to go, it actually moves the player emotionally.

Thank You!!!!Altair and Ezio best characters of all time!!!!

LightRey
11-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Until a majority actually agrees, Ubisoft is doing the right thing.

Why didn't they implement something like Dificult Setting? Why are you against that? I think that everyone would agree that it would be the best thing so every1 would be pleased (i mean dificult setting but i mean the hard setting to have features BALANCED and easy setting to be it's right now)... If ubisoft wants my 50bunks, then they must show they deserve my 50bunks, as they did with ac1, ac2 and psx raymans...

Heh, since Patrice didn't agree what ubisoft wanted to do out of the franchise (cuz this is clearly not the original concept) he left ubisoft, this might happen to me also, i'm not going to buy this game for sure, i will finish the SP in a pirated version but that's all...

I'm really sad to see how potential games become crappy while others become awsomeness (GTA IV turned out to be an acceptable game when i hated every previous GTA)... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not at all against a difficulty system. It's just that the suggestion came much too late to implement and even if it hadn't it would still be a very difficult thing to just implement into a game with an engine that was never designed for one.
Not to mention that AC never was about challenging combat. Not in AC1, certainly not in AC2, not ACB either and again not ACR. You choose to buy the game. It's not like they're throwing the case at you and then pickpocket your 50 bucks. If you don't like it (anymore) then don't buy it. Simple as that. They're not making the game for you after all, they're making it for themselves, the money and of course luckily in their case for the the fans and since they can't satisfy everyone, they try to satisfy the majority, as is by far the best decision both economically and ethically.

I don't know why Patrice left or if it had absolutely anything to do with the direction AC was taking, nor do I really care. I didn't even know who the guy was until I joined this forum, which was after ACII came out I think (the join dates on the profiles can be wrong sometimes, but I think mine's at least pretty accurate). I absolutely love all of the games and I both hope and expect that they will continue what they're doing.

You can't (and therefore of course don't) speak for the majority and as such all your statements and complaints mean nothing more than that they're part of your opinion and yours alone.

SweetsMachineGun
11-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks Ubisoft. Exceptionally well-polished and exciting game. Only thing I can complain about is Den Defense. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

LightRey
11-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by sharkbot:
Thanks Ubisoft. Exceptionally well-polished and exciting game. Only thing I can complain about is Den Defense. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
I can't even complain about that. This game's awesomeness was of truly epic proportions.

mattnexus
11-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Ubisoft this game was incredible. I loved every aspect, I missed the faction missions though and the optional assassination contracts. But I loved what you did with the recruit system and the assassin missions! The altair segments were so meaningful for me as well, having loved that character from Creed 1

Keep making these incredible games!

Ps (I really liked den defense too!)

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 04:59 AM
You can't (and therefore of course don't) speak for the majority and as such all your statements and complaints mean nothing more than that they're part of your opinion and yours alone.

I wished it was mine alone... I recieve Privates saying they agree with me, my real-life friends agree with me, etc, etc... the problem is that most of the players that think Ac1 had some aspects that made it better even thought Ac2 and AcB were more "cough" polished "cough" becuz they already think ubisoft will never reserve anything they did... I also know that but i still take the effort to come here and keep saying what's bad in the game with a little hope that they change the direction of the series... but since i'm the only guy that does this, ubisoft of course will never hear to "us".

Review of Ac1:

The Third person perspective works beautifully and will never loose your interest. Most missions require sneaking and murdering in the shadows. Others will have you eavesdropping for passwords or pickpocketing documents to gain access into target buildings. Some will have you sharpen those sword skills. Still, the game does not avoid its share of stupid "keep this...suicidal character from getting killed" missions. Keep in mind though that ASSASSIN's CREED is rather a strategically thinking action TPS, not a hack&slash fast-paced one.

How would this guy talk about AcB?

Assassin's Creed isn't anymore a strategically thinking action TPS, it's now a Smash Button Fast-Peaced one!

-.- This is why i say AcB is not anymore Ac, and AcR might be as well....

Oh, and i won't buy this game, any1 thanks for the tip http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-19-2011, 05:07 AM

I wished it was mine alone... I recieve Privates saying they agree with me, my real-life friends agree with me, etc, etc... the problem is that most of the players that think Ac1 had some aspects that made it better even thought Ac2 and AcB were more "cough" polished "cough" becuz they already think ubisoft will never reserve anything they did... I also know that but i still take the effort to come here and keep saying what's bad in the game with a little hope that they change the direction of the series... but since i'm the only guy that does this, ubisoft of course will never hear to "us".

Review of Ac1:

The Third person perspective works beautifully and will never loose your interest. Most missions require sneaking and murdering in the shadows. Others will have you eavesdropping for passwords or pickpocketing documents to gain access into target buildings. Some will have you sharpen those sword skills. Still, the game does not avoid its share of stupid "keep this...suicidal character from getting killed" missions. Keep in mind though that ASSASSIN's CREED is rather a strategically thinking action TPS, not a hack&slash fast-paced one.

How would this guy talk about AcB?

Assassin's Creed isn't anymore a strategically thinking action TPS, it's now a Smash Button Fast-Peaced one!

-.- This is why i say AcB is not anymore Ac, and AcR might be as well....

Oh, and i won't buy this game, any1 thanks for the tip http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
knowing a dozen or so people that agree with you doesn't mean you're right. Not only is that sample way too small to draw any serious statistical conclusions from, it's also a very biased sample, because these people are either your friends, they're looking you up, or vice-versa. If you really want to do something that's convincing, make an actual poll on places where there's no specific group related to AC and have those there that have played the games take part in a poll. If you get a few hundred votes then you'll have results that might be enough to draw conclusions from. Until then you're just ranting without any solid data to back you up which makes all your points moot.

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 09:06 AM
knowing a dozen or so people that agree with you doesn't mean you're right. Not only is that sample way too small to draw any serious statistical conclusions from, it's also a very biased sample, because these people are either your friends, they're looking you up, or vice-versa. If you really want to do something that's convincing, make an actual poll on places where there's no specific group related to AC and have those there that have played the games take part in a poll. If you get a few hundred votes then you'll have results that might be enough to draw conclusions from. Until then you're just ranting without any solid data to back you up which makes all your points moot.

i think u did not understand me... those who liked ac1 more then AcB will never join this forum cuz they don't like the direction the franchise is taking... those who liked the new changes came to the forum cuz they are loving everything in the franchise, ofc almost every1 in this forum will say AcB is better, if not, why would they be in this forum?

There isn't really many ppl here registered since Ac1, i've registered in this forum when i finished Ac1 my second time, i've supported some of the ideas that i don't like in Ac2 but then i hopped ubisoft would fix it.

Since with Ac2 the franchise got many incomers (i've explained several times why), ubisoft kept doing what those incomers want instead of keeping the entity of the franchise (Reason Patrice left Ubisoft).

LightRey
11-19-2011, 09:12 AM

i think u did not understand me... those who liked ac1 more then AcB will never join this forum cuz they don't like the direction the franchise is taking... those who liked the new changes came to the forum cuz they are loving everything in the franchise, ofc almost every1 in this forum will say AcB is better, if not, why would they be in this forum?

There isn't really many ppl here registered since Ac1, i've registered in this forum when i finished Ac1 my second time, i've supported some of the ideas that i don't like in Ac2 but then i hopped ubisoft would fix it.

Since with Ac2 the franchise got many incomers (i've explained several times why), ubisoft kept doing what those incomers want instead of keeping the entity of the franchise (Reason Patrice left Ubisoft). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about the general fanbase (oh and btw, there most certainly are members on this forum that like AC1 more than ACB). If you truly want some reliable data, I suggest you go to a bunch of different gaming forums, make a few polls there regarding AC, making sure the poll options are identical on all of them and that both the first post and the poll options themselves carry as little bias as possible (as to avoid biased results). Then, keeping in mind that each forum could very well have a bias, which should be apparent from their deviation from the average results, you can start using statistical analysis to determine the actual level of appreciation of the AC games and the direction they're taking by the players.

Oh, and of course the entire experiment should be monitored and reviewed by an independent observer.

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 09:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Since with Ac2 the franchise got many incomers (i've explained several times why), ubisoft kept doing what those incomers want instead of keeping the entity of the franchise (Reason Patrice left Ubisoft). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about the general fanbase (oh and btw, there most certainly are members on this forum that like AC1 more than ACB). If you truly want some reliable data, I suggest you go to a bunch of different gaming forums, make a few polls there regarding AC, making sure the poll options are identical on all of them and that both the first post and the poll options themselves carry as little bias as possible (as to avoid biased results). Then, keeping in mind that each forum could very well have a bias, which should be apparent from their deviation from the average results, you can start using statistical analysis to determine the actual level of appreciation of the AC games and the direction they're taking by the players.

Oh, and of course the entire experiment should be monitored and reviewed by an independent observer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually think that every1 would say AcB is better... i bet almost everyone will say Ac1 was boring and that's all...

In general if i do a poll in gaming foruns most will agree Ac2 is better.

I, my self, agree that the result Ac2 gave was the best of the 3. I also must admit that in my first playthought of AcB i just had no words to describe the game, it was just perfect for me, when i tried to do 100% in everything i got bored and when i replayed the game (for the story) i got bored as well...

I still can play Ac2, i think somethings in Ac1 should not be removed/added from Ac1 -> Ac2 but as a whole, Ac2 was a better game.

But that's not what i'm talking about.

RzaRecta357
11-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I agree! This game was amazing! I don't see why people want Desmonds story to end though.

I mean, the story will NEVER be that good again. SPOILERS

He had leaders of the first civilization actually talk to him personally about saving the world. It's all on him. It's never get that intense again in an AC game.

LightRey
11-19-2011, 09:47 AM
I actually think that every1 would say AcB is better... i bet almost everyone will say Ac1 was boring and that's all...

I, my self, agree that the result Ac2 gave was the best of the 3. I also must admit that in my first playthought of AcB i just had no words to describe the game, it was just perfect for me, when i tried to do 100% in everything i got bored and when i replayed the game (for the story) i got bored as well...

I still can play Ac2, i think somethings in Ac1 should not be removed/added from Ac1 -> Ac2 but as a whole, Ac2 was a better game.

Look, my point is that whatever you may think is the direction Ubisoft should be taking, is likely not what most of the fans want and unless you do a good poll with lots of results and as little bias as possible, you can't say much about how good the choices Ubisoft is making are. In the end they just want to satisfy as much of the fanbase as possible and imo that's what they should do. It's the democratic way.

iN3krO
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

Look, my point is that whatever you may think is the direction Ubisoft should be taking, is likely not what most of the fans want and unless you do a good poll with lots of results and as little bias as possible, you can't say much about how good the choices Ubisoft is making are. In the end they just want to satisfy as much of the fanbase as possible and imo that's what they should do. It's the democratic way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The thing is that no1 asked for smash-button combat and AcB got it... it was not to please the fanbase but yes to please the haters -.-'

Need to draw anything to ya?

LordWolv
11-19-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Ditto. I love this thread, people have come together to show their magnificent appreciation.

Oh yes, and of course, a massive applaud of appreciation to the Forum Moderation team. Unlike last year, nothing to do with ACR was spoiled for me and I stayed full time on the forums! You've really stepped up, and thank you.

reini03
11-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Seriously, this must have been the best game I have ever played. The story was so interesting, every single aspect it. I wasn't bored for a single minute, always eager to find out what would happen next. I guess this game will keep me entertained for the next year... (it will have to anyways.) Thank you Ubi!

LightRey
11-19-2011, 10:37 AM
The thing is that no1 asked for smash-button combat and AcB got it... it was not to please the fanbase but yes to please the haters -.-'

Need to draw anything to ya?
People generally like the new combat system. It was never a main point to begin with and the AC1/AC2 combat was, especially in AC1, too limited.

They changed the combat system because it was a point of complaint in AC1 and AC2. Since ACB it's much more diverse and a lot less annoying to the players that just wanna kill dozens of guards with relative ease. There was never a true demand for the combat to be challenging, because it was never a main point to the game. The challenge in it had always been in thinking out the "perfect" way to assassinate a target, which was never even necessary, because in every game, especially in AC1, you could just rush in and kill everyone.

The combat system in AC is designed to make the player feel like a badass, overpowered assassin that can do anything in any way he wants. It's supposed to allow the player to have the creative freedom to choose to completely avoid combat, only use stealth kills, kill everyone in the vicinity, use spears, axes, ranged weapons, etc. It's there for freedom, not challenge and it's what the players have wanted since AC1, because in AC1 all they could do was either hack 'n slash, stealth kill or use throwing knives.

LordWolv
11-19-2011, 10:47 AM
The combat system in AC is designed to make the player feel like a badass, overpowered assassin that can do anything in any way he wants. It's supposed to allow the player to have the creative freedom to choose to completely avoid combat, only use stealth kills, kill everyone in the vicinity, use spears, axes, ranged weapons, etc.
Agree completely. I'm not going to complain, because I do feel like a badass, overpowered assassin that can do whatever he wants. I enjoy that feeling, and I enjoy the options in ACB and ACR.

The funny thing is, so many people have complained about the lack of assassinations and stealth in ACB and ACR. But, if you know what you're doing and can do it well (AC enthusiasts are the best at this) stealth and assassinations can be achieved in almost every mission. The people that complain are generally new players who can only see one option; running and screaming, swinging your sword.