PDA

View Full Version : FPS problems....

Parmezans
07-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Well, I'm not clear on that either, but I have a problem about FPS, at least I think. My monitor is 1680x1050 widescreen 22", but when I set the resolution on 1680x1050 the whole game acts kind of slower, the pointer is slower in the menu etc... AND it cuts off some of my screen at the bottom, I'm very frustrated, I can play on some lower resolutions and it will play a bit faster, but it cuts off a lot. Oh, and I'm not sure what's the default image on AC- when I get a widescreen on some resolutions, I think the game is too 'tall'... I always set them to 60Hz btw... Thx in advance.

System specs:
9600GTX
2GB RAM
Core 2 Duo 2.83

DJPieSlice
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Try messing with the game's resolution externally.

1. Right click on your shortcut.

2. Open the 'Compatibility' Tab

3. In the 'Settings' area, look for 'Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution'

4. Apply then click 'OK'

5. should work now . . .

Never really tried it with Assassin's Creed . . . but every once in a while I get a game that gives me the same problem.

Hope this helps.

caswallawn_2k7
07-17-2008, 03:17 PM
@parm: the 9600 is a lower card than the 8800GT so will most likly have problems running the game at full detail on such a high screen res.

as for you saying you loose some image do you mean you get the black bars? if that is the case it is normal as the game is designed to run on a 16:9 aspect widescreen HD TV were nearly all wide screen LCD monitors are 16:10 so it puts the bars in to correct the aspect.

also if you are actualy loosing part of the screen off screen I would assume your connecting to your screen using HDMI instead of DVI if this is the case go into the nvidia controle pannel and select advanced view in that there will be an option to re-size a HDTV allowing you to resize the image to fit in the screen.