PDA

View Full Version : Things That Have Always Confused Me....

tenakakhan_1981
07-18-2010, 08:01 AM
Hiya all,

Well I was just cruising the Pacific and I was looking at a button, and I realised that I had no idea what it did. Then I saw another, and didn't know it's use either! Being a submarine Captain, I figured it's important for me to have a passing familiarity with my ship, so I thought I'd ask you fine people. So I'll just list 'em, appreciate any help! Oh, I'm running TMO 2.0 on SH4 1.5, of course.

1. The Attack Map - Located as the second button of the Navigation Map. What use in the context of the game does this have? I know you can track your fish on it, but I don't really know how I'd use it, and not heard of anyone else mention it...

2. ID Target - Located as the last button on the Periscope Panel, is also on the Bridge Panel. I've never gotten this to work, and don't know how it functions at all. Obviously, I'd hazard that it's intended to assist you in ID'ing the target (did you see the sleuthing I did there?), but I can't figure out how it would be used...

3. Go to A-Scope RADAR - Located on the RADAR Panel. I've never really figured out how to use this beastie, or how others would. I hoped someone could spill the beans on this one.

And that should do it really! Just something I was curious about, hoped you could help me. Much thanks in advance!

TK

cmdrmoosicvs
07-18-2010, 08:22 AM
T-Khan, The ID target button is for Manual targeting(your crew will ID the target so you don't have to go to the ID manuel).
The battle map comes in aweful handy again with manual targeting to insure your data in the TDC is correct (you can see your position keeper is tracking properly AOB,Speed so on)
This is what I use them for, someone may be able to explain a better use of the A-scope than me.

tenakakhan_1981
07-18-2010, 08:25 AM
Cheers for the reply - I knew the ID Target button was for, well, ID'ing targets; but I can never get it to work. What are the conditions on it? Do I have to be surfaced, locked on target etc etc. No matter when I click on the button, nothing actually happens...

cmdrmoosicvs
07-18-2010, 08:27 AM
You must have a lock on the target for at least 5 seconds from what I've experienced.

Ragincajin336
07-18-2010, 02:26 PM
I play 100% so the only ID buttons i have are the Recognition Manual(N button)

The attack map is awesome for verify your run-to-impact, I like to watch i until I get around 60-90 seconds of swim time on my fish, then I shoot...it also assists in giving you a better look at your gyro and final shoot angle.

As far as the A-scope, I believe that is later-war tech for your radar

nohunt1
07-18-2010, 09:52 PM
While on the subject....Why isn't the TDC included in the attack map..?? In order to make any corrections that may be required once the Attack map has been checked, we have to jump back to the P'scope screen and do the corrections there, and then jump back to the attack map to see if it's OK...and so on....Any modder out there want to take a crack at it..??

ex250
07-19-2010, 05:24 AM
The A-Scope only shows the range on the radar not the direction. During a scan, the A-scope will show spikes on the "oscilliscope" corresponding to the distance on the scale. It takes some patience to use it because you have to wait for a continuous scan and watch for the spikes, or do a "Focus" scan. It's really only useful if you're not using map contacts.

cmdrmoosicvs
07-19-2010, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nohunt1:
Why isn't the TDC included in the attack map..??
My TDC is on my Attack map ,but the data sending tool is not. Is that what you were refering to? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif