PDA

View Full Version : A small suggestion for the new sound engine

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
when i turn my virtual head in cockpit exactly to the right / left, i hear the engine sound only from one ear then. besides that it is not pleasant to have all the roar in one ear (i have headphones), it is also not realistic as the pit must be full of engine sound reflecting inside. just to get some sound also into the ear "looking away" from the engine position.

-------------

"The picture repeats itself when operations, which began with great intent and local successes, degenerated into senseless, wild hammering at fixed front-line positions once they encounter initial heavy losses and unforeseen situations. This incomprehensible phenomenon appears again and again. But, even in extremis, the Russian is never logical; he falls back on his natural instinct, and the nature of the Russian is to use mass, steamroller tactics, and adherence to given objectives without regard to changing situations."

German 9th Army report after repulsing the Soviet offensive "Mars" in Rzhev bulge, December 1942.

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
when i turn my virtual head in cockpit exactly to the right / left, i hear the engine sound only from one ear then. besides that it is not pleasant to have all the roar in one ear (i have headphones), it is also not realistic as the pit must be full of engine sound reflecting inside. just to get some sound also into the ear "looking away" from the engine position.

-------------

"The picture repeats itself when operations, which began with great intent and local successes, degenerated into senseless, wild hammering at fixed front-line positions once they encounter initial heavy losses and unforeseen situations. This incomprehensible phenomenon appears again and again. But, even in extremis, the Russian is never logical; he falls back on his natural instinct, and the nature of the Russian is to use mass, steamroller tactics, and adherence to given objectives without regard to changing situations."

German 9th Army report after repulsing the Soviet offensive "Mars" in Rzhev bulge, December 1942.

XyZspineZyX
07-14-2003, 02:25 PM
Yep one of the really bugging features in my mind is that you can actually hear enemy plane coming from your six.

It has spoiled many suprise attacks and in my book is totally unrealistic. Thank goes to all the wonderful game reviewers out there who like to have eye and ear candy everywhere ..

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 02:35 AM
I have to agree I find it quite disoreintating when you hit that spot where the sound just disappears from one ear, wasnt a problem I noticed in Il-2.

I also get sounds that are from miles away, at times I can hear a DF and hear the plane crash and the message about someone crashing comes up but there is noone in sight, it is not always like this but seems to happen randomely.

JG4_Tiger

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 09:26 AM
Tiger27 wrote:
- I also get sounds that are from miles away, at times
- I can hear a DF and hear the plane crash and the
- message about someone crashing comes up but there is
- noone in sight, it is not always like this but seems
- to happen randomely.

This can be fine-tuned by yourselves, but for us armchair pilots it would be cool nevertheless to get near-to-realistic setting for distance damping, engine volume and inflight-music, ok forget about the last one...

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-15-2003, 04:53 PM
If I were to request one thing to change in the sound engine, it would be so that I don't hear the bomb blast (or a downed bandit crashing) at the same time I see the explosion from 3000m.

--------------------------------
Any landing you can walk away from is a good one.