PDA

View Full Version : I need some info

corsair16
03-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Currently the only game of the IL-2 series that I have is Pacific Fighters, however I would like to get the other games, and I need some info. I noticed there are two different Forgotten Battles games, I figure the one with the P-51 on the cover is an expansion pack, however I'm unsure exactly what the one with the Yak-9 on the cover is. Is it a newer, extended version of IL-2, or is it an expansion pack for IL-2? I need info, and any feedback is apreciated.

Crash_Moses
03-15-2006, 06:07 PM
What you need is IL-2: Forgotten Battles (don't confuse this with the original IL-2 Sturmovik) and the Ace Expansion Pack.

If it has "Forgotten Battles" on the cover you're good to go.

elphifou
03-15-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi

Well, you know the original IL2. okay
Now think of "IL2: Forgotten Battles" (FB, the one with the Yak) as the "base" for a new version of the sim.
Then you have "IL2 Forgotten Battles: Aces Expansion Pack" (AEP, the one with the P-51) which is an Add-on.
And then your PF which you can merge with FB + AEP, or use as a stand-alone sim, or both (they install in different folders by default)

You can get more detailed info on the intallations and patches here :

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/5581083643

corsair16
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Ah, now I see, FB is an expanded version of IL-2. One more question, are the plane physics/ graphics altered in any way in FB, compared to the original IL-2?

VW-IceFire
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by corsair16:
Ah, now I see, FB is an expanded version of IL-2. One more question, are the plane physics/ graphics altered in any way in FB, compared to the original IL-2?
Yes...FB added the Perfect mode details, some cockpits were changed I think (although not much), and of course FB added tons of new aircraft.

Tully__
03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
IL2 Sturmovik: The original game, not needed for merged version. Cover photo is an IL2 Sturmovik ground attack aircraft.

IL2:Forgotten Battles (Also sometimes titled "IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles" depending on which country the cover was printed in): The sequel, the first component of the merged version. Cover photo on mine is a Hurricane in Russian paint scheme with a burning Ju87 (Stuka) in the background.

IL2:Forgotten Battles - Aces Expansion Pack (sometimes the "s" is left off Aces, depending on which country the cover was printed): Add-on for IL2:Forgotten Battles and second component in the merged version. Cover photo is a P51-D with a burning B-17 and a Me163 rocket fighter in the background.

Pacific Fighters: Final component of the merged, cover photo is a Zero.

Also to be found is IL2:Forgotten Battles Gold Pack which contains the first and second merged components in one box.

You need all three components for a successful merged installation and you should not source any of them from Direct2Drive as the downloaded versions supplied by Direct2Drive don't work in a merged installation.

vocatx
03-15-2006, 07:03 PM
What you need is right here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/2901043324