PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered TrackIR, Thx whoever posted 30$ off link.

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:22 PM
I finally took the plunge and ordered TrackIR after someone here posted a link that gave you a 30$ off when buying online.

With the 60$ for transport to Norway it still only became
170$.

The reason I say only, is because the only company selling TrackIR here in Norway is selling it for 400$!!!

Now I am a fairly optimistic bloke, and I cannot for the life of me see that with customs I have to pay even close to 400$.

Probably because that poor company still have to make a profit in this ridiculously expensive country.

So even if I ordered all the way from the states, with the 30$ off I think it will total at around 200$. Now that is half of what I would have to pay here, so I am happy.

I cannot wait for my TrackIR, I will get it the same time (hopefully) as the FB patch, and shortly after lo-mac comes out.

This looks like a promising fall.

HalfAsleep

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:22 PM
I finally took the plunge and ordered TrackIR after someone here posted a link that gave you a 30$ off when buying online.

With the 60$ for transport to Norway it still only became
170$.

The reason I say only, is because the only company selling TrackIR here in Norway is selling it for 400$!!!

Now I am a fairly optimistic bloke, and I cannot for the life of me see that with customs I have to pay even close to 400$.

Probably because that poor company still have to make a profit in this ridiculously expensive country.

So even if I ordered all the way from the states, with the 30$ off I think it will total at around 200$. Now that is half of what I would have to pay here, so I am happy.

I cannot wait for my TrackIR, I will get it the same time (hopefully) as the FB patch, and shortly after lo-mac comes out.

This looks like a promising fall.

HalfAsleep

XyZspineZyX
08-02-2003, 03:24 PM
Congrats, you won't be dissapointed.

FWIW I paid $230 cdn for mine but I didn't have any coupon.

Well worth every penny I overpaid! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 01:32 AM
Do you still have the link !?

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 02:40 AM
I didn't post it originally, but a google search pulled it up:

http://www.headtracker.com/

The link is at the bottom of the page.

~Sam

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 04:29 AM
HalfAsleep wrote:
- I finally took the plunge and ordered TrackIR after
- someone here posted a link that gave you a 30$ off
- when buying online.
-
- With the 60$ for transport to Norway it still only
- became
- 170$.

LOL, I know the feeling, it did cost me the same to get it shipped to Greenland, but a shippingfee bigger than the prize itself that's funny /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 04:41 AM
HalfAsleep,

Thanx for the link. I just ordered mine up via the $30.00 off deal! (thumbs nose at RBJ whoever the hell he is today /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ) Can't wait to get it as well.

GP

T_O_A_D
08-03-2003, 08:47 AM
Thats great! Welcome to the world of immersion. You won't regret it. If you have anytrouble with it tracking yell for me I'll try and help. There's a link below my sig that takes you to what I had to do to make mine trouble free./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<Center>http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RQAnAiYV1!lVMcZRTzTAqzaiuHRWEX6mXfCfzODsjpV0Pjo!e UP90rHraxoAC7ol89qikOt*Adtg8nSucMn0uEEsRfOm81KdH3S Nk9b7TaU/Madtoad.jpg?dc=4675429952590266715
</a>
<Center>
Track IR Fix (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_ts&id=zwqtg)

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 11:57 AM
Thanx for all the replies, just one question toad.

About your custom Trackir headgear.

I have already been thinking where I will place the dot or what I will make that feels comfy and will not easily wear out.

I bet those dots keep falling off everything, so I ordered some with my trackir.

Just one comment. I tried to download your rar files of the trackir in action twice, and both times when I open them they are corrupt. It says unexpected en of archive.

Any chance I could have them please??

HalfAsleep