PDA

View Full Version : Update! 4.08 is out. Here is the readme!

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/388104122/m/5591008035

Havok, PM me so i can determine your punishment

README

Il-2 Sturmovik: 1946

v.4.08

Warning

The current version 4.08m is not compatible with the previous versions of the sim when playing over the network (Online). Both the server and client must have the appropriate versions in order to connect.

Attention: Verison 4.08m is only for a merged version of the simulator of the proper version (FB+AEP+PF)

Add-On Installation Instructions (Please read carefully)

The Il-2 1946 add-on v.4.08m installs only over v.4.07m (1946 DVD or FB+AEP+PF+46 merged).

In order to install this add-on, run the file 408m.exe and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please note that this add-on is impossible to install over stand alone Pacific Fighters.

Corrections:

-Updated the J2M5 Artificial Horizon;
-Modified the Ta-183 Variometer;
-Updated the MiG-3 Landing Gear Indicator;
-Corrected the brakes animation in the LaGG-3 and Yak-1 / Yak-7;
-Updated weapons and ammunition types on the He-162C/D, Yak-15, N1K2-Ja, P-63C, CR.42;
-Modified the retraction of the tailwheel on the N1K2-Ja;
-Corrected the brakes on the N1K;
-Updated the Il-10 Fuel level indicator;
-Updated the trigger animation on the Ki-43-IIKai, N1K2-Ja;
-Modified instrument panel damage on the Ta-183;
-Updated rudder animation on the Lerche-III;
-Updated the Yak-15 compass;
-Modified the canopy framework on the N1K2-Ja, both internally and externally;
-Corrected the armored seat back on the MiG-13 and I-250;
-Modified the FAB-1000 bomb position in the A-20C bomb bay;
-Updated trimmer indicators on the J2M5;
-Updated trimmer indicators and controls on the Ar-234B;
-Modified damage model of the Ki-27 wings;
-Corrected distances in the K-14 gun sight;
-Corrected the J2M5's altimeter;
-Updated the flap sounds on the Pe-2 series;
-Changed Il-10 rear gunner compartment sounds to an "enclosed cabin" type;
-Corrected Ki-27 flap sounds;
-Decreased the volume of certain ground-based guns as heard in the cockpit;
-Modified Ta-183's AI routines;
-Changed parameters for the Ta-183, Me-262HG-II, Lerche-III, Bf-109F-2, MiG-13/I-250, Yak-3R;
-Updated Object Viewer data for the Yak-3R and A-20C;
-Modified the MG42;
-Updated the in-game credits;
-Fixed errors in loadout names for certain planes;
-Fixed the A-20C crew error;
-Updated the canopy damage model on the MiG-9;
-Fixed the MiG-9 artificial horizon;
-Modified the engine shut-down parameters at low altitude for the MiG-9 (I-300);
-Fixed the ground clipping on MiG-9's landing gear;
-Updated animations for the landing gear, flap and gear levers, bank indicator, and pylons on the Ta-183;
-Fixed Lerche-III fuel level indicator;
-Il-10's ShKAS ammo load set to 2x750;
-Removed the duplicated loadouts on the I-153P;
-Fixed tracer colors on the Ki-43 and Ki-61;
-Removed the GM-1 from the Ta-152C (which now only has the MW-50);
-Updated the engine temperature parameters on the Tempest V;
-Modified an airfield in Burma;
-Fixed textures in the following cockpits: A-20C; Ar-234; Il-10; MiG-9; Ta-183; Yak-15; Yak-3R; Pe-2 84th Series;
-Modified air-to-air AI on the Ar-234;
-Fixed the bug when hits on the Ar-234's #1 engine set #2 on fire;
-Modified G4M1 flight model;
-Protected fuel tanks on the J2M and La-5;
-Modified the propeller on the N1K2-Ja;
-Fixed the altitude indicator on The J2M5;
-Fixed the landing gear indicator on the He-162.

Also:

The server can now check for changes on the client-side game modules, i.e. ensure the modules were not modified. To enable the check, a new key was added to the conf.ini file.

In order to set the client-side verification parameters you will need to manually edit the conf.ini file located in your main game folder before launching the game. Open the file with a text editor, find the [NET] section and in the checkRuntime = line write in either 0 or 1 (or 2), then save the file. If the checkRuntime = line does not exist in your conf.ini file, add it to the end of the [NET] section.

checkRuntime=0-no check is made (default);
checkRuntime=1-quick check;
checkRuntime=2-comprehensive check.

NOTE: during the comprehensive check, if the client runs a different OS version from the client, the check may identify the OS differences as changes in game modules.

New maps:

Desert Online: Ian Boys, Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ray Grützmacher, Laurent Cunin
Italy Online: Jög Wiedemann, Ray Grützmacher, Laurent Cunin
Norway: Ian Boys, Laurent Cunin, Kjetil Aakra
Murmansk Summer: Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ian Boys

Airbase Restriction:

Please note that Herdla on the Norway Map is a fighter base which based aircraft up to the Bf-110 only. When using large flights of aircraft, only planes of the Bf-110 size or smaller will take off successfully.

Special thanks to Jiri Fojtasek for years of tireless efforts making his Hyperlobby client the Virtual Home of IL-2 community online.

Brain32
02-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Thx a lot man http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
AS for translation this might help http://babelfish.altavista.com/
It's not perfect but for now... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_TAGERT
http://babelfish.altavista.com/:
Warning The network and/or ONLINE function of the current version 4.08m is not compatible to the previous versions of the title. Both servers and Client must have for a successful connection establishment the same program version. Note: Version 4.08m was conceived exclusively for the mixing variant of the simulator of the correct version (FB+AEP+PF). Installation guidance for the ADD on (please carefully read) The Il-2 1946-Add-On version 4.08m can be installed only over the version 4.07m (DVD "1946" or a mixture from FB+AEP+PF+46). For installing the ADD Ons you implement the file 408m.exe and follow the instructions on the screen. Note: They cannot install this ADD on over an individual Pacific Fighters.

Corrections:
1) artificial horizon of the J2M5 was updated.
2) rate of climb indicator of the Ta-183 was modified.
3) chassis announcement of the MiG-3 was updated.
4) brake animation of the LaGG-3 and Yak-1/Yak-7 was corrected.
5) weapon and ammunition types of the He-162 C/D, Yak-15, N1K2-Ja, P-63C, and CR.42 were updated.
6) drawing in the tail landing gear with the N1K2-Ja was modified.
7) brakes of the N1K were corrected.
8) fuel announcement of the Il-10 was updated.
9) departure animation with the Ki-43-IIKai and N1K2-Ja was updated.
10) damage of the instrument panel of the Ta-183 was modified.
11) rudder animation with the lark iii was updated.
12) compass of the Yak-15 was updated.
13) canopy framework of the N1K2-Ja was modified both internally and externally.
14) armored backrest of the MiG-13 and I-250 was corrected.
15) position of the FAB-1000 in the bomb pit of the A-20C was modified.
16) trim announcements of the J2M5 were updated.
17) trim indicator and controls of the Ar-234B were updated.
18) damage model of the bearing areas of the Ki-27 was modified.
19) distances in the visor of the K-14 were corrected.
20) altimeter of the J2M5 was corrected.
21) landing flap noises of the Pe-2-Serie were updated.
22) the acoustics in the tail pulpit of the Il-10 were modified in such a way that it fits a closed area.
23) landing flap noises of the Ki-27 were corrected.
24) the volume of some land-based cannons was reduced in the cockpits.
25) AI routines of the Ta-183 were modified.
26) parameters for the Ta-183, Me-262 HG-II, lark iii, Bf-109 F-2, MiG-13/I-250, Yak-3R were changed.
27) object viewer data for the Yak-3R and A-20C were updated.
28) mg 42 was modified. - Credits in the play were updated.
29) errors with the additional load designations of certain airplanes were corrected.
30) crew error with the A-20C was repaired.
31) damage model of the canopy with the MiG-9 was updated.
32) artificial horizon of the MiG-9 was repaired.
33) switching off parameters of the engine of the MiG-9 (I-300) in the low-altitude flight were modified.
34) soil cutout of the chassis of the MiG-9 was corrected.
35) animations of the chassis, the landing flap and chassis lever, which became inclination announcement and the weapon hanging of the Ta-183 updated.
36) fuel announcement of the lark iii was corrected.
37) ammunition supply for the ShKAS of the Il-10 was changed on 2 x 750.
38) double additional loads of the I-153P were removed.
39) light trace colors of the Ki-43 and Ki-61 were corrected.
40) GM-1 was removed from the Ta-152C, it had now only the MW-50.
41) engine temperature indication of the Tempest V was updated.
42) an airfield in Burma was modified.
43) textures in the following cockpits were corrected: A-20C, Ar-234, Il-10, MiG-9, Ta-183, Yak-15, Yak-3R, Pe-2 84er-Serie.
44) aerial engagement AI of the Ar-234 was modified.
45) an error was repaired, due to which the second treibwerk of the Ar-234 is set in fire, if first were met.
46) flight model of the G4M1 was modified.
47) armored treibstofftanks for the J2M and La-5.
48) propeller of the N1K2-Ja was modified.
49) elevator announcement of the J2M5 was corrected.
50) landing gear indication of the He-162 was corrected.

Further changes: The server can look now for changes on the play modules on Client side, i.e. it can guarantee that the modules were not changed. For the activation of the test procedure a key was inserted into the file "conf.ini". For the establishment of the test parameters on the Client side you must work on the file "conf.ini", which is in the general statement of the software before starting the play. If you open the file with a text editor, look for for the section [ NET ], carry you into the line "check run time = LINE" 0, 1 or 2 and store you the file. If "check run time = LINE" should not be present in your file "conf.ini", insert the parameter at the end of the section [ NET ]. checkRuntime=0 - no examination; checkRuntime=1 - High-speed examination; checkRuntime=2 - comprehensive examination.

NOTE: It can be that different operating system versions are interpreted of Client and servers with the comprehensive examination as change in the play modules.

New maps: Desert on-line one: Ian Boys, Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ray Gruetzmacher, Laurent Cunin Italy on-line one: Joerg Wiedemann, Ray Gruetzmacher, Laurent Cunin Norway: Ian Boys, Laurent Cunin, Kjetil Aakra Murmansk buzzer: Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ian Boys

Restriction of airfield: "Herdla" on the map "Norway" is a hunter airfield, on which types up to the Bf-110 can be only stationed. If you want to use larger relays, therefore only such machines of the basis can start, which are maximally as large as a Bf-110.
50 fixes! Not bad! No new AC and the P-80's .50 cals are still not un-sync but still good news IMHO!

JOHNRAMBO84
oh goody http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 07:53 AM
README

v.4.08

Warning

The network and/or ONLINE function of the current version 4.08m is not compatible to the previous versions of the title. Both servers and Client must have for a successful connection establishment the same program version.

Note: Version 4.08m was conceived exclusively for the mixing variant of the simulator of the correct version (FB AEP PF).

Installation guidance for the ADD on (please carefully read)

The Il-2 1946-Add-On version 4.08m can be installed only over the version 4.07m (DVD "1946" or a mixture from FB AEP PF 46).

For installing the ADD Ons you implement the file 408m.exe and follow the instructions on the screen.

Note: They cannot install this ADD on over an individual Pacific Fighters.

Corrections:

- artificial horizon of the J2M5 was updated.
- rate of climb indicator of the Ta-183 was modified.
- chassis announcement of the MiG-3 was updated.
- brake animation of the LaGG-3 and Yak-1/Yak-7 was corrected.
- weapon and ammunition types of the He-162 C/D, Yak-15, N1K2-Ja, P-63C, and CR.42 were updated.
- drawing in the tail landing gear with the N1K2-Ja was modified.
- brakes of the N1K were corrected.
- fuel announcement of the Il-10 was updated.
- departure animation with the Ki-43-IIKai and N1K2-Ja was updated.
- damage of the instrument panel of the Ta-183 was modified.
- rudder animation with the lark iii was updated.
- compass of the Yak-15 was updated.
- canopy framework of the N1K2-Ja was modified both internally and externally.
- armored backrest of the MiG-13 and I-250 was corrected.
- position of the FAB-1000 in the bomb pit of the A-20C was modified.
- trim announcements of the J2M5 were updated.
- trim indicator and controls of the Ar-234B were updated.
- damage model of the bearing areas of the Ki-27 was modified.
- distances in the visor of the K-14 were corrected.
- altimeter of the J2M5 was corrected.
- landing flap noises of the Pe-2-Serie were updated.
- the acoustics in the tail pulpit of the Il-10 were modified in such a way that it fits a closed area.
- landing flap noises of the Ki-27 were corrected.
- the volume of some land-based cannons was reduced in the cockpits.
- AI routines of the Ta-183 were modified.
- parameters for the Ta-183, Me-262 HG-II, lark iii, Bf-109 F-2, MiG-13/I-250, Yak-3R were changed.
- object viewer data for the Yak-3R and A-20C were updated.
- mg 42 was modified.
- Credits in the play were updated.
- errors with the additional load designations of certain airplanes were corrected.
- crew error with the A-20C was repaired.
- damage model of the canopy with the MiG-9 was updated.
- artificial horizon of the MiG-9 was repaired.
- switching off parameters of the engine of the MiG-9 (I-300) in the low-altitude flight were modified.
- soil cutout of the chassis of the MiG-9 was corrected.
- animations of the chassis, the landing flap and chassis lever, which became inclination announcement and the weapon hanging of the Ta-183 updated.
- fuel announcement of the lark iii was corrected.
- ammunition supply for the ShKAS of the Il-10 was changed on 2 x 750.
- double additional loads of the I-153P were removed.
- light trace colors of the Ki-43 and Ki-61 were corrected.
- GM-1 was removed from the Ta-152C, it had now only the MW-50.
- engine temperature indication of the Tempest V was updated.
- an airfield in Burma was modified.
- textures in the following cockpits were corrected: A-20C, Ar-234, Il-10, MiG-9, Ta-183, Yak-15, Yak-3R, Pe-2 84er-Serie.
- aerial engagement AI of the Ar-234 was modified.
- an error was repaired, due to which the second treibwerk of the Ar-234 is set in fire, if first were met.
- flight model of the G4M1 was modified.
- armored treibstofftanks for the J2M and La-5.
- propeller of the N1K2-Ja was modified.
- elevator announcement of the J2M5 was corrected.
- landing gear indication of the He-162 was corrected.

Further changes:

The server can look now for changes on the play modules on Client side, i.e. it can guarantee that the modules were not changed. For the activation of the test procedure a key was inserted into the file "conf.ini".

For the establishment of the test parameters on the Client side you must work on the file "conf.ini", which is in the general statement of the software before starting the play. If you open the file with a text editor, look for for the section [ NET ], carry you into the line "check run time = LINE" 0, 1 or 2 and store you the file. If "check run time = LINE" should not be present in your file "conf.ini", insert the parameter at the end of the section [ NET ].

checkRuntime=0 - no examination;
checkRuntime=1 - High-speed examination;
checkRuntime=2 - comprehensive examination.

NOTE: It can be that different operating system versions are interpreted of Client and servers with the comprehensive examination as change in the play modules.

New maps:

Desert on-line one: Ian Boys, Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ray Gruetzmacher, Laurent Cunin
Italy on-line one: Joerg Wiedemann, Ray Gruetzmacher, Laurent Cunin
Murmansk buzzer: Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ian Boys

Restriction of airfield:

"Herdla" on the map "Norway" is a hunter airfield, on which types up to the Bf-110 can be only stationed. If you want to use larger relays, therefore only such machines of the basis can start, which are maximally as large as a Bf-110.

This message has been edited. Load edited by: Ubi_Marc,

I use babelfish. No new flyables it seems.

Bearcat99
02-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Further changes: The server can look now for changes on the play modules on Client side, i.e. it can guarantee that the modules were not changed. For the activation of the test procedure a key was inserted into the file "conf.ini". For the establishment of the test parameters on the Client side you must work on the file "conf.ini", which is in the general statement of the software before starting the play. If you open the file with a text editor, look for for the section [ NET ], carry you into the line "check run time = LINE" 0, 1 or 2 and store you the file. If "check run time = LINE" should not be present in your file "conf.ini", insert the parameter at the end of the section [ NET ]. checkRuntime=0 - no examination; checkRuntime=1 - High-speed examination; checkRuntime=2 - comprehensive examination. NOTE: It can be that different operating system versions are interpreted of Client and servers with the comprehensive examination as change in the play modules.

I am wondering if that will effect the switcher file... although I am sure that eventually all that will be moot.

New maps: Desert on-line one..... Italy on-line one..... Norway..... Murmansk buzzer, Restriction of airfield: "Herdla" on the map "Norway" is a hunter airfield, on which types up to the Bf-110 can be only stationed. If you want to use larger relays, therefore only such machines of the basis can start, which are maximally as large as a Bf-110.

Sounds good to me.... but is that saying that there is one base on the Norway map where only 110s can be placed.... ?

LOL.. thanks Havok... Tag I know you meant well but.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Brain32
02-05-2007, 07:57 AM
No Slovakia map either http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-05-2007, 08:01 AM
hmmmm.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

mynameisroland
02-05-2007, 08:02 AM
"- engine temperature indication of the Tempest V was updated."

Any Idea what this means ?

RAF74_Raptor
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
hmmmm.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Agreed

F19_Orheim
02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
no Fokker?????

PBNA-Boosher
02-05-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Bearcat99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">New maps: Desert on-line one..... Italy on-line one..... Norway..... Murmansk buzzer, Restriction of airfield: "Herdla" on the map "Norway" is a hunter airfield, on which types up to the Bf-110 can be only stationed. If you want to use larger relays, therefore only such machines of the basis can start, which are maximally as large as a Bf-110.

Sounds good to me.... but is that saying that there is one base on the Norway map where only 110s can be placed.... ?

LOL.. thanks Havok... Tag I know you meant well but.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That means that fighter and fighter-bomber types will probably only be able to T/O at that field. Aircraft larger than the Bf-110 may not be able to land or get airborne.

AWL_Spinner
02-05-2007, 08:12 AM
This is on the front page of the English language site now guys.

One small Q - says it installs over 4.07, I presume it'll also install over the 4.07.1 beta (not that switching back is much of a bother).

WOLFMondo
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Great! The Norway map!

NekoReaperman
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM
What about the DXXI, CW-21 and B-335?

BSS_AIJO
02-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Danm,

No DXXI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Ohh well, Its gonna be wierd to not be waiting for patches anymore.

BSS_AIJO

FlatSpinMan
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Be optimistic - maybe the aircraft aren't mentioned cos it's taken as read that they'll be in. Or not. It's a tragedy if the Slovakia map isn't included though.

JG52Karaya-X
02-05-2007, 08:27 AM
README

v.4.08

Warning

The network and online-function of the current version 4.08m is not compatible to previous versions of the title. Both Server and Client have to have the same version for a successful build-up of connection.

Attention: Version 4.08m was only designed for the merged variant of the right version of the simulator (FB+AEP+PF)

Installationinstruction for the Add-On (please read with attention)

The IL-2 1946-Add-On version 4.08m can only be installed over the version 4.07m (DVD "1946" or a mixture of FB+AEP+PF+46).

In order to install the add-on execute the file 408m.exe and follow the instructions.

Note: You cannot install this add-on over a stand-alone version of Pacific Fighters.

Corrections:

- Artificial horizon of the J2M5 was corrected
- Variometer of the Ta183 was modified
- Gear indicator of the MiG-3 was corrected
- Braking animations of the LaGG-3 and Yak-1/Yak-7 were corrected
- Weapon- and ammunition types of the He-162 C/D, Yak-15, N1K2-Ja, P-63C and CR.42 were corrected
- Retraction of the tailwheel on the N1K2-Ja was modified
- Brakes of the N1K were corrected
- Fuel indicator of the IL-10 was corrected
- Trigger animations of the Ki-43-IIKai and N1K2-Ja were corrected
- Damage of the instrument panel of the Ta-183 was modified
- Rudder animation on the Lerche-III was corrected
- Compass of the Yak-15 was corrected
- Canopy frame of the N1K2-Ja was modified both internally as well as externally
- Armoured seats of the MiG-13 and I-250 were corrected
- Position of the FAB-1000 in the bomb-bay of the A-20C was corrected
- Trim indicator on the J2M5 was corrected
- Trim indicator and control on the Ar-234B were corrected
- Damage model for the wings of the Ki-27 was modified
- Distances/Ranges on the K-14 sight were corrected
- Altimeter of the J2M5 was corrected
- Sounds of the landing-flaps on the Pe-2-Series were corrected
- The accustics on the backward position of the IL-10 cockpit were modified so that they fit to a closed room
- Sounds of the landing-flaps on the Ki-27 were corrected
- The volume of some land-based cannons in the cockpits was reduced
- AI routines for the Ta-183 were modified
- Parameters for the Ta-183, Me-262 HG-II, Lerche-III, Bf-109 F-2, MiG-13/I-250, Yak-3R were modified
- Object viewer data for the Yak-3R and A-20C was corrected
- MG 42 was modified
- Ingame credits were corrected
- Loadout names of some aircraft were corrected
- Crew bug on the A-20C was corrected
- Damage model of the MiG-9s canopy was corrected
- Artificial horizon of the MiG-9 was corrected
- Shut-down parameters of the MiG-9s (I-300s) engine in low-level flight were modified
- Ground part of the MiG-9s gear was corrected (don't know what they mean by that, even in German)
- Animation of the gear, flaps and gear knob, turn and bank indicator and weapon pylons on the Ta-183 was corrected
- Fuel indicator on the Lerche-III was corrected
- Ammunition supply for the ShKAS on the IL-10 were changed to 2 x 750
- Double loadouts on the I-153P were removed
- Tracers on the Ki-43 and Ki-61 were corrected
- GM-1 was removed from the Ta-152C, it only features MW-50 anymore
- Engine temperatur gauge on the Tempest V was corrected
- An airfield in Burma was modified
- Textures of the following cockpits were corrected: A-20C, Ar-234, IL-10, MiG-9, Ta-183, Yak-15, Yak-3R, Pe-2 Series84
- Dogfight AI of the Ar-234 was modified
- A bug was corrected which would set the second engine of the Ar-234 on fire when the first was hit
- Flight model of the G4M1 was modified
- Armoured fuel tanks for the J2M and La-5 (!? They have self-sealing already don't they?)
- Propeller of the N1K2-Ja was modified
- Altimeter of the J2M5 was corrected
- Gear indicator on the He-162 was corrected

Further changes:

The server can now search for client-side modifications in the game modules, that means he can make sure that the modules have not been changed. In order to activate this verification an own key was included into the "conf.ini"

In order to set the verification parameters on the client-side you have to edit the "conf.ini" which can be found in the games main folder before starting the game. Open the file with a text editor, search for the entry [NET], insert into the line "checkRuntime = " 0, 1 or 2 and save the file. Should there be no line "checkRuntime =" in your "conf.ini", then manually insert the parameter at the end of the entry [NET].

checkRuntime=0 – no check;
checkRuntime=1 – quick check;
checkRuntime=2 – detailed check;

NOTE: It can happen that varying operating system versions of Client and Server are interpreted as modifications of the game modules.

New Maps:

Desert Online: Ian Boys, Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ray Grützmacher, Laurent Cunin
Italy Online: Jög Wiedemann, Ray Grützmacher, Laurent Cunin
Murmansk Summer: Vladimir Kochmarsky, Ian Boys

Airfield restrictions:

"Herdla" on the "Norway" map is a fighter airfield, on which only types up to the Bf110 can be stationed. If you want to use bigger formations then only aircraft can take off from the base which are at the most as big as the Bf-110.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Edit:</span>

Could have spared me the time if I knew you guys would use Babblefish http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
But as I saw there are a couple of translation errors in the Babblefish version. "Abzug" is not "Departure", it means trigger (like on a gun).

JG53Frankyboy
02-05-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
Be optimistic - maybe the aircraft aren't mentioned cos it's taken as read that they'll be in. Or not. It's a tragedy if the Slovakia map isn't included though.

well, the ancient information that a patch called 4.08 will be the last ever for the il2 series can be called obsolete http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FlatSpinMan
02-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Don't go getting me hopes up, Frankyboy. You wouldn't like what happens to people who gets me hopes up and disappoints me...

lowfighter
02-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by FlatSpinMan:
Don't go getting me hopes up, Frankyboy. You wouldn't like what happens to people who gets me hopes up and disappoints me...

I can bet on 10 bottles of good old Kentucky Bourbon that Frankyboy's hopes will come true http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Oh, new maps, new life http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

FlatSpinMan
02-05-2007, 09:17 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

DuxCorvan
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Now I can tell it, Vlad?

Ok, here it goes:

I told U. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/3791038274?r=7871030374#7871030374).

alert_1
02-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I hoped that FM of Me109G6 will be corrected or at least MG151/20 option for Me109G14..maybe 4.08 isnt the last one...

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Feb. 6th is TOMORROW! Looks like I'll be sitting in front of my computer all day waiting for its release.........

It would seem that this is the completed 4.071m patch together with with the maps that were ready to be included, so I'm not giving up hope that the B-534, CW-21B, D.XXI and F2A-3 will still be released, along with the Slovakia and (possibly) Bessarabia maps.

Tab_Flettner
02-05-2007, 09:35 AM
um, thats great and all, but,....um,

REPLACEMENT DEFAULT SKINS?

Frequent_Flyer
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
I never knew a summer Murmansk map was in the works. The new maps are what keep me playing this sim. I'm sure all the speculation will be addressed regarding aircraft and other " WIP "maps. When 4.08 is released.

Stonerox
02-05-2007, 09:43 AM
At last - I've been waiting soooo much for this Norway map, and this new desert map - it's almost too good to be true...

Maybe I should go to sleep immediately, so that tomorrow comes sooner http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Thank you all who've made these maps. I'm even a little thrilled about an Italian map... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Thank you, thank you and thank you!!!

BillyTheKid_22
02-05-2007, 09:51 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

crazyivan1970
02-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Nothing gets by you guys....

I posted readme in the beginning of this thread...

Tsk tsk tsk... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SeaFireLIV
02-05-2007, 10:06 AM
Well, we`ll see what`s really been improved once I have the Patch and tried it for a couple of weeks...

But...

oh never mind...

heywooood
02-05-2007, 10:10 AM
it says to install only over version 4.07m and does not mention the beta 4.071m - Can it be installed over the beta patch?

JG52Karaya-X
02-05-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by heywooood:
it says to install only over version 4.07m and does not mention the beta 4.071m - Can it be installed over the beta patch?

Well why shouldnt it!?

It will include all changes of the beta plus some new ones and thus will replace the old beta files and add in some new, I see no problem there, was like that with every other beta patch.

JG53Frankyboy
02-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by heywooood:
sure.
they just dont speak about 4.071 official because, as you already said, it was a BETA ( http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

crazyivan1970
02-05-2007, 10:17 AM
The reason it says install over 4.07 heywood is because 4.071 public beta, not official release. 4.07 is last official version, that`s why they listed it like that. Yes, you can install over 4.071, it`s the same set of files.

knightflyte
02-05-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Well, we`ll see what`s really been improved once I have the Patch and tried it for a couple of weeks...

But...

oh never mind...

Lifts a drink in commiseration.

At any rate.... it's been GREAT GREAT FUN,Oleg and crew. Thank you for all the support to IL-2 and your community of flight simmer. You have earned our support and look forward to SoW:BoB.

Thanks again for a great source of enjoyment. Without IL-2 many of us would have only a very basic knowlege of the Eastern front of the great war. You not only provided a flight sim, but an impetus to learn more of a theatre that isn't taught os studied this side of the world.

Thanks!

anarchy52
02-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Translation in red:

Corrections:
-Updated the trigger animation on the Ki-43-IIKai, N1K2-Ja; <span class="ev_code_RED">I guess trigger animation is more important then fixing the ridiculous flat spin issue for Ki-43?</span>
-Modified instrument panel damage on the Ta-183; <span class="ev_code_RED">I hope we don't get the Ta trademark "get hit on the wingtip and gun sight falls down"</span>
-Changed parameters for the Ta-183, Me-262HG-II, Lerche-III, Bf-109F-2, MiG-13/I-250, Yak-3R;
<span class="ev_code_RED">LW aircraft performance reduced (except lerche which is supersonic now), VVS aircraft performance enhanced</span>
-Modified the engine shut-down parameters at low altitude for the MiG-9 (I-300);
<span class="ev_code_RED">Removed the engine flameout</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Removed engine overheat just like the Spit</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Hits on engine #1 cause both engines to catch fire and PK</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">You mean to tell me that La-5 didn't have protected fuel tanks till now? ROFLMAO</span>

Fortunately missing pilot armour on Ju-88 has not been fixed

xTHRUDx
02-05-2007, 11:17 AM
i guess they aren't going near the 50's or the fuel tank fire issues

FritzGryphon
02-05-2007, 11:23 AM

This probably means the opposite. Unless they changed the fuel to water, I don't think they could get any more protected.

Look on the bright side, guys. Lots of good fixes for bad bugs. Probably lots that aren't on the list, too.

tagTaken2
02-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by JG52Karaya-X:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by heywooood:

Well why shouldnt it!?

It will include all changes of the beta plus some new ones and thus will replace the old beta files and add in some new, I see no problem there, was like that with every other beta patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dunno... i kept reinstalling over the top of a beta I thought was the official patch and a lot of weird things happened over the next few months. Thought I had a virus.

mynameisroland
02-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by anarchy52:
Translation in red:

Corrections:
-Updated the trigger animation on the Ki-43-IIKai, N1K2-Ja; <span class="ev_code_RED">I guess trigger animation is more important then fixing the ridiculous flat spin issue for Ki-43?</span>
-Modified instrument panel damage on the Ta-183; <span class="ev_code_RED">I hope we don't get the Ta trademark "get hit on the wingtip and gun sight falls down"</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">LW aircraft performance reduced (except lerche which is supersonic now), VVS aircraft performance enhanced</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Removed the engine flameout</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Removed engine overheat just like the Spit</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">Hits on engine #1 cause both engines to catch fire and PK</span>
<span class="ev_code_RED">You mean to tell me that La-5 didn't have protected fuel tanks till now? ROFLMAO</span>

Fortunately missing pilot armour on Ju-88 has not been fixed

Well id like the overheat toned down to realistic levels on the Tempest because at the moment you cant maintain continous settings found in the flight manual.

As for protective fuel tanks on the La 5 WTF lol!

crazyivan1970
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
I would suggest couple of things:

1) Get the patch when it`s out.
2) Install it.
3) See if you understand readme correctly based on what you seee in the new patch.

Then

4) Start complaining if something is broken.

Deal?

Veltro_28
02-05-2007, 11:31 AM
This is kinda dissapointing. I was truly hoping for some more FMs in the last patch (altought it could sound a bit greedy). Oh well, Anyway I would like to express my public thanks to Oleg and his team for allow me had YEARS of fun with this sim.

Amaru

tomtheyak
02-05-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by knightflyte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:

But...

oh never mind...

Lifts a drink in commiseration.

At any rate.... it's been GREAT GREAT FUN,Oleg and crew. Thank you for all the support to IL-2 and your community of flight simmer. You have earned our support and look forward to SoW:BoB.

Thanks again for a great source of enjoyment. Without IL-2 many of us would have only a very basic knowlege of the Eastern front of the great war. You not only provided a flight sim, but an impetus to learn more of a theatre that isn't taught os studied this side of the world.

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hear, Hear!

I wish some more people had your attitude knightflyte. Make the reading of some of the posts in these forums a lot more bearable.

@anarchy - you know what mate, you could do with an attitude makeover.

Yeah, this games got its troubles, and I have a few bugbears of my own (Spit VC cockpit position, or LODs of the Seafire/Spit MkVIII anyone?) but in context, there's a hell of a lot of content for not a lot of $$$ especially when you consider the longevity, and all round fun and amusement.

Christ! We've been lucky! CFS2 was bug riddled outta the box, did the community there see any fixes? No. Yet here we are 4 years down the line for FB alone and we're expecting the final patch.

Will it fix EVERYTHING? Surely not. But I'll live with it.

Its sure as hell you're not perfect mate, but then tolerance is a rare commodity nowadays it seems.

PS - notice that most of what your carping about IS FIXED???

Sheesh http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-05-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by crazyivan1970:

2) Install it.
3) See if you understand readme correctly based on what you seee in the new patch.

Then

Deal?

deal. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Brain32
02-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Wait, are you actually saying something has to be broken for us to complain? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

jurinko
02-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Brain32:

No fear mate. It will be released together with Bessarabia.

tomtheyak
02-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by jurinko:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brain32:

No fear mate. It will be released together with Bessarabia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHOOT! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Brain32
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brain32:

Great news m8 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif
I thought it must be coming later but it feels nicer to hear it officially http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 11:54 AM
To those of you whining already that the fix you wanted to see is not listed in the read me must be nooberts. Anyone thats been playing this game for a few years or more knows all too well that the read me only list but a few of the actual changes. You will have those that disagree with this assessment but Im sorry to tell them, but you is wrong...be sure. Whining about something you have not even tried is sad. I feel sorry for your families and friends if you are half this negative about stuff in real life.

BrotherVoodoo
I eagerly await!
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

I guess this will be the last patch for the IL series huh?

heywooood
me too - so I like to see it spelled out, for that very reason.

In the past with IL2 there have been some issues with patches over beta files (wobbles anyone?) so if 4.08 will go over 4.071m without glitches - they should say so.

But thats just my oppinion.

pacettid
02-05-2007, 11:55 AM
My only complaint with 4.08 is I will have to get the "nose to the grindstone" to get some new DF missions ready for the boys on the WOW http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

On a more serious note, many thanks to Oleg and the Team for a really superb sim...have been looking forward to these new maps for a very, very long time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

http://www.fallenangels.dyndns.org/images/articles/20060318200701137_1.jpg

RegRag1977
02-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Yeeeha! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

EAF19_Aceman
02-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Personnally i dont care about the fokker or any other aircraft people have been campaigning for, i have enjoyed this sim since its release and would like to thank oleg for continueing support of this sim even though he has more important matters to deal with (BoB).

Now lets enjoy this sim until BoB comes out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thefruitbat
02-05-2007, 12:37 PM

Cool beans, been looking forward to this more than any other map, but excuse my ignorance, whats Bessarabia?

cheers fruitbat

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 01:44 PM
bump http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

AKA_TAGERT
02-05-2007, 01:51 PM

2) Install it.

Then

Deal?
That is a pretty tall order round these parts! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Choctaw111
02-05-2007, 01:54 PM

110's or smaller...

AKA_TAGERT
02-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
To those of you whining already that the fix you wanted to see is not listed in the read me must be nooberts. Anyone thats been playing this game for a few years or more knows all too well that the read me only list but a few of the actual changes. You will have those that disagree with this assessment but Im sorry to tell them, but you is wrong...be sure. Whining about something you have not even tried is sad. I feel sorry for your families and friends if you are half this negative about stuff in real life. Exactally!
I was amazed at how much detail was in the read me! Typically it just says something like "Plane XX" Adjusted but they went into a little more detail this time around!

Only time will tell if it comes back to haunt Oleg! Seems like every time he trys to give folks a little more than they are use to it us used agints him later on by some nub that wouldnt know a sim bug from the crabs in his pants!

general_kalle
02-05-2007, 01:56 PM
afrika map. cooooooool

Choctaw111
02-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I would wait until it is officially announced...like always.

Haigotron
02-05-2007, 02:21 PM
would wait until it is officially announced...like always.

check the pacific fighters front page

RxMan
02-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I'd wait for an official link tomorrow, with mirrors, to the patch. The link that was in the first message of this topic may have been to the Russian version, which is always different than the rest of the world's.

AND the FORUMS will be down until 8AM (EST)...all hell will break lose!!

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 03:36 PM
The link in the first message of this topic is to the German forums, basically the same as this topic. The Russian 4.08m has been released and I'm downloading it now- not that it's much use since I don't have the Russian Pe-2, Sturmoviks over Mancuria and 46 yet, but it's nice to have it handy for when I do get them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. 4.08m is a biggie, by the way, the Russian patch is 144.8 MB!!!!!!!

RxMan
02-05-2007, 03:49 PM
Well, he had the link to the file for a while, until he got caught !!!
I downloaded part of it, then was cut off...
I got the new skins and missions, and it looks like it also had quassi's 407-4071 switch, not sure why as 4071 should be extinct now, and everything was in english.

I will wait for tomorrow I guess.

TC_Stele
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Ki-27 DM changed. I hope that means the DM isn't like that of the P-47's. That should definately be a big impact on the ZvW server.

Also, the FM change to the Betty. I've seen far too many people fly it like a fighter, I hope it flies like a bomber now. I would like to have seen the FM changed a bit with more flaming of the wings, but this is definately good news on the Pacific front.

Taylortony
02-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by mynameisroland:
"- engine temperature indication of the Tempest V was updated."

Any Idea what this means ?

it gets hotter or colder dependant on the temp lol

HuninMunin
02-05-2007, 04:01 PM
The new desert map is hell cool! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Thanks a lot Ian!

Bartolomeo_ita
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Italy Online ... is it the fantasy map i saw 1 year ago? no, please. NO... don't release it, that's a shame.

gburt3
02-05-2007, 04:11 PM
VMF-214 The Original BlackSheep of the IL2 series is currently recruiting mature and dedicated pilots...
Since there is no D/L to D/L, how about a little tongue-in-cheekiness?
Does this seem like sort of a hidden oxymoron - "mature ...(Marine - implied) pilot" and "Blacksheep"? *->

RAF56_Ball
02-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by gburt3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
VMF-214 The Original BlackSheep of the IL2 series is currently recruiting mature and dedicated pilots...
Does this seem like sort of a hidden oxymoron - "mature ...(Marine - implied) pilot" and "Blacksheep"? *-> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Apologies. I logged in with wrong name. Not very mature. Wait - maybe I am destined to stop being gburt AND RAF56_Ball and become a Marine Pilot!

Okay, tongue out of cheek. Was an incredible unit, and I wish you guys the best in recruiting excellence.

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Fruitbat, Bessarabia is, VERY roughly, the area now known as Moldova plus the stretch of coast between the current Rumanian border and Odessa. Pre-1940, it was part of Rumania. In 1940, Stalin cast his greedy eyes on it and more or less ordered Rumania to hand it over- or else. Rumania went to war with the USSR in 1941 mainly to regain Bessarabia, but in 1944, with the Soviets occupying Rumania, it became part of the USSR permanently.

JG53Frankyboy
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Bartolomeo_ita:
Italy Online ... is it the fantasy map i saw 1 year ago? no, please. NO... don't release it, that's a shame.

than dont open it .....................

JG53Frankyboy
02-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by TC_Stele:
Ki-27 DM changed. I hope that means the DM isn't like that of the P-47's. That should definately be a big impact on the ZvW server.

check your 4.071 readme ! in 4.08 are no new announcment about the Ki-27 made.........

and from my short observation: nothing changed in the DM of the Ki-21 and Ki-27 from 4.071 to 4.08.

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Just extracted the 4.08m to an empty file- looks like this is the English/International version!!!!!!!! It has readmes in English, French and German. Guess I will be installing it. For those who can't wait until tomorrow, you can download it from: . You do so at your own risk- don't blame me if your installation is screwed up.

TheGozr
02-05-2007, 04:52 PM
Well you can test it in the "Normandie-Niemen" server on ASE and HL it's running 4.08m

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by RAF56_Ball:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gburt3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Does this seem like sort of a hidden oxymoron - "mature ...(Marine - implied) pilot" and "Blacksheep"? *-> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Apologies. I logged in with wrong name. Not very mature. Wait - maybe I am destined to stop being gburt AND RAF56_Ball and become a Marine Pilot!

Okay, tongue out of cheek. Was an incredible unit, and I wish you guys the best in recruiting excellence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WTF are you talking about and what does this have to do with the thread.

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Installed it, tested it, it works fine.

joeap
02-05-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by RegRag1977:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jurinko:

Yeeeha! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait so 4.08 is NOT the last patch??? There will be another addon or what?

slipBall
02-05-2007, 05:27 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif 4.08, the end of era...my thanks to Maddox team and Oleg

mllaneza
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
joeap, there's been some talk that 3rd parties may be allowed to do more with IL-2 once maddox drops it and goes 100% on Battle of Britain. It'll probably be an add-on and not a free patch.

hey, maps are maps.

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 05:28 PM
Just tested it.......... it works but it only has the Norway map- no Desert map, no Italy map, no Murmansk Summer map. The SFS map file is 68 MB which is patently not enough for four maps. Lots of new skins, though, for A6M2-N, A-20C, Il2, IL-10, I-153, Ki.43-II and others, many by Macwan. I'll be checking the download size on the UBI website tomorrow and if it's the same size as this one then clearly somebody forgot the other three maps. Took a quick spin over the Norway map, however and it's gorgeous. Do I hear the words Beaufighters and anti-shipping strikes???????????

major_setback
02-05-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by GerritJ9:
Just tested it.......... it works but it only has the Norway map- no Desert map, no Italy map, no Murmansk Summer map. The SFS map file is 68 MB which is patently not enough for four maps. Lots of new skins, though, for A6M2-N, A-20C, Il2, IL-10, I-153, Ki.43-II and others, many by Macwan. I'll be checking the download size on the UBI website tomorrow and if it's the same size as this one then clearly somebody forgot the other three maps. Took a quick spin over the Norway map, however and it's gorgeous. Do I hear the words Beaufighters and anti-shipping strikes???????????

Where did you get it?

heywooood
02-05-2007, 05:32 PM
right here

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 05:33 PM
nt

Tater-SW-
02-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Sad to see some issues not on that readme, though I cannot remember a real readme posted that hasn't been accurate. The totally goofy fuel tank DMs posted here are a prime example.

I had been looking forward to some new crapplanes, too.

XyZspineZyX
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
No other maps than Norway? where are you looking? I downloaded it from the link you posted GerritJ9, and it works just fine, and all the maps are there. Murmansk is next to the other Murmansk map and the other two are further down the list.

steve_v
02-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Just sent a PM to Ivan. I remember when 1C servers went down due to unauthorized downloading of a beta patch. If the same is happening again, I am going to arrange 90 day suspensions for those posting links on this forum.

major_setback
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
THANKS guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FlatSpinMan
02-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Isn't this the link for the Russian language version of the patch? I haven't tried it yet but usually the International version comes out of Western Europe. just wondering if it'll work with my install.

HuninMunin
02-05-2007, 05:53 PM
Its an international version and it's not a beta.

blairgowrie
02-05-2007, 06:02 PM
My advice is to hang on for another couple of days lads. If you are on 4.071m you have most of it anyway.

Be patient. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
It's international- a Russian version would be 4.08m_ru.exe. I found the link on sukhoi.ru while looking for 4.071m_m.ru.exe and didn't see any mention of it being a beta patch. Furthermore, since it is on the 1C website I don't think it is an unofficial leak.
Will have to check again for the other maps- Norway was at the top of the list just above Kiev and I assumed that the others weren't in the patch, didn't scroll down.

FritzGryphon
02-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Patch works good.

Here's something you've probably never seen before.

http://members.shaw.ca/evilgryphon2/ballsoffire.jpg

Gitano1979
02-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Norway is not the only map, hehehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

my votes:

1) Desert Map: really cool looking!!!
2) Murmansk summer
3) Norway
4) Italy(?!?!?) online: apart the weird geography, it has nice textures

NOTE: Banff airbase is nice also but it suffers the same annoying fps loss of Imphal Main on Burma.

Anyway, thanks to the developers!!!!!

GerritJ9
02-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Rechecked- other three maps are included as well. I assumed that they would, like Norway, be placed above Kiev and didn't scroll down.

major_setback
02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Gitano1979:
Norway is not the only map, hehehe http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

my votes:

1) Desert Map: really cool looking!!!
2) Murmansk summer
3) Norway
4) Italy(?!?!?) online: apart the weird geography, it has nice textures

NOTE: Banff airbase is nice also but it suffers the same annoying fps loss of Imphal Main on Burma.

Anyway, thanks to the developers!!!!!

What are the names of the new maps? (What their titles are).

HuninMunin
02-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Norway
Murmansk summer
Italy online
Desert online

major_setback
02-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by HuninMunin:
Norway
Murmansk summer
Italy online
Desert online

Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

major_setback
02-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Norway - WOW!!!!

RCAF_Irish_403
02-05-2007, 07:08 PM
HMMMMM....since we can no longer use the links whaddyasay you fellas give us some screenies featuring the new maps? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

crazyivan1970
02-05-2007, 07:09 PM
As steve noted, those who links to 1c ftp are better start praying, that it stays up.

Tater-SW-
02-05-2007, 09:04 PM
All the drama (every single patch) for lack of a webmaster capable of using chmod.

tater

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by steve_v:
Just sent a PM to Ivan. I remember when 1C servers went down due to unauthorized downloading of a beta patch. If the same is happening again, I am going to arrange 90 day suspensions for those posting links on this forum.

1# This is not a beta patch.
2# Its on a public server not a password protected one.
3# You show me where I violated any laws then suspend me if you will sleep better.
4# Whats the difference when the link is posted. If its posted tom it will still be the same link.
5# Just how is this unauthorized?
6# I check 1Cs FTP weekly if they did not want it downloaded then it should not have been uploaded to a public FTP.
7# Im kinda insulted you would even threaten a suspension when I broke no rules. I only tried to spread the good word.
8# And finally if none of you admins have downloaded it from that link then sure speak your case but if you did download it, any of you...well then you have no room to talk.

S~

Haigotron
02-05-2007, 09:33 PM
3# You show me where I violated any laws then suspend me if you will sleep better.
4# Whats the difference when the link is posted. If its posted tom it will still be the same link.
6# I check 1Cs FTP weekly if they did not want it downloaded then it should not have been uploaded to a public FTP.
7# Im kinda insulted you would even threaten a suspension when I broke no rules. I only tried to spread the good word.
8# And finally if none of you admins have downloaded it from that link then sure speak your case but if you did download it, any of you...well then you have no room to talk.

i got turned on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VMF-214_HaVoK
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Haigotron:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1# This is not a beta patch.

i got turned on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! You know what though. If this place is going to be like this then I will do you a favor steve. I wont even view these boards for 3 months let alone post. I guess I will finally start posting over at SimHq where its not under communist rule.

See you all at WW2 Weekend in Reading. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Tater-SW-
02-05-2007, 11:22 PM
What ever happened to the coasters that nils did for the norway map? Nice looking ship...

crazyivan1970
02-05-2007, 11:31 PM

You are correct http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

No, it is not public server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I am not sure, but i feel violated

Link posted by Tom when mirrors are ready, that particular FTP can only take this much. As an oldtimer you should remember how many times it went down after events like this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Are you UBI official? Or you want to be a star for just 5 min? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

I am sure Oleg did not know that you check it every week, he wouldnt have done this if he knew http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

I know you meant good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S~

I downloaded it, yesterday. I am sure you know where i got links from http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

msalama
02-05-2007, 11:48 PM
Well, considering the fact that it's still publicly available there I'd say this is intentional from 1C's part, no?

Klemm.co
02-05-2007, 11:49 PM
CrazyIvan:
Let me quote AKA_TAGERT, who seems to be a specialist in such discussions: Thats a lot of feelings you have, and no hard facts that i can see. But thats fine anyway, i have absolutely NO problem with it.
Btw i saved the link to Olegs FTP when the 4.071m beta patch was released. If you actually look for the link, its not that hard to find.

IMO the blame for premature downloading of the patch lies with 1C, nobody else, see the reasons listed by VMF-214_HaVoK, of which every single one makes sense.

Well, like i said before i got the link from this board, but not yesterday or today, but already some weeks ago. As soon as i read the post with the readme i looked at Olegs FTP, which link i already had and there was it. They just shouldn't have uploaded the patch so early.

-HH- Beebop
02-05-2007, 11:52 PM
No Slovakia? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif That map was SOOO gorgeous! No coasters? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif Awww, we needed some different ship types. No Fokker? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif It's a bit disappointing.
Well I do look forward to the new maps though. Can't have enough of them. Even if the Italy map is "fictitious" (as I was led to believe by a poster a few posts back), With imagination it will find some excellent use. Are there any new objects? They never seem to mention them in the ReadMe's. The V-1 was the only one I can remember.
I'm with a lot of you though, I am pleased as punch with all the support/free stuff/fixes we have been given. I think this sim will last for quite a while even after SoW:BoB is released. And if Oleg releases some of the tools or gives his blessing to some 3rd party folks, there could be a rather long life left in the old girl.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif
Thanks Oleg! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Thanks 1C! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif It's been a heck of a ride and it's not over yet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jensenpark
02-05-2007, 11:58 PM
from the bottom of the readme

"Special thanks to Jiri Fojtasek for years of tireless efforts making his Hyperlobby client the Virtual Home of IL-2 community online."

I don't think this can ever be said enough...

crazyivan1970
02-06-2007, 12:01 AM
OMG, some of you guys need to be less serious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

jensen, i agree 1000%

Tater-SW-
02-06-2007, 12:15 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

No, it is not public server http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A public server is by definition one that has permissions set for global reading of a file. They could just have well set them to "owner" or "group" read perms. Instead it's set to read by all, including "others." There is absolutely no "it's private because I say so" on the net. It's private because the permissions say so, or it's not private. Period. That's what they are for.

This has happened now for how many patches? Can their webmaster really be that clueless that he can't set perms on a file? If they view this as a problem, they really need to hire someone capable of typing "chmod a-rwx 408m.exe" then tomorrow typing "chmod a+r 408m.exe"

I'd think one of them could figure this out over a cup of coffee.

tater

Bartolomeo_ita
02-06-2007, 01:02 AM
Havok, PM me so i can determine your punishment

lol...

major_setback
02-06-2007, 03:56 AM
Why does this scenario repeat itself for every patch????????

GerritJ9
02-06-2007, 04:06 AM
Because obviously 1C's webmaster hasn't got a clue.............

RCAF_Irish_403
02-06-2007, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by major_setback:
Why does this scenario repeat itself for every patch????????

gross incompetence?

msalama
02-06-2007, 04:20 AM
gross incompetence?

Nope. Intentional. Pretty sure 'bout that.

Capt.LoneRanger
02-06-2007, 04:26 AM
So, are the new default skins comming in another patch?

GerritJ9
02-06-2007, 04:32 AM
There are quite a few new skins in this patch as I pointed out earlier: for A6M2-N and Ki.43-II among others; in all for 18 different aircraft types.

Goose.au
02-06-2007, 04:44 AM
i really do hope we see the release of the Avia B.534, CW21B, Fokk D.XXI and the Hawk-75

I've waited soooo long for those planes, I'm sure a number of others have to

Stonerox
02-06-2007, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Goose.au:
i really do hope we see the release of the Avia B.534, CW21B, Fokk D.XXI and the Hawk-75

I've waited soooo long for those planes, I'm sure a number of others have to

I really want that Hawk-75, it would be good for a what-if-mission from the campaigns in norway.. The Gladiator isn't quite so fun to fly agains the Bf 109's.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

TopGunBkk
02-06-2007, 04:53 AM
wheres the link to download this magical patch 4.08???Lol as my plane runs out of fuel for only having 4.071m patch

www.aeros.com (http://www.aeros.com)

Capt.LoneRanger
02-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Thanks, GerritJ9, but these are not new Default-Skins, they're just additional skins for some aircraft-types.

@TopGun:
I could tell you, but then I'd have to shoot you.

Cajun76
02-06-2007, 05:00 AM

You are correct http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I am not sure, but i feel violated

Link posted by Tom when mirrors are ready, that particular FTP can only take this much. As an oldtimer you should remember how many times it went down after events like this http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Are you UBI official? Or you want to be a star for just 5 min? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

I am sure Oleg did not know that you check it every week, he wouldnt have done this if he knew http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

I know you meant good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

S~

I downloaded it, yesterday. I am sure you know where i got links from http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">SAVVY?</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed.

major_setback
02-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by GerritJ9:
There are quite a few new skins in this patch as I pointed out earlier: for A6M2-N and Ki.43-II among others; in all for 18 different aircraft types.

Here are the new skins:

4.08 skins (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4311031135)

Monty_Thrud
02-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Muahaha!...MUAHAHAHAHA!!!...all ur ships r belong to us... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

...all together now...BA-DADA-DAA-BA-DA-DADA-DAAAA...MUAHAHAHAHAHAH! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Very nice maps TY

triad773
02-06-2007, 07:19 AM
No Slovak map but an Italy map?Hmm...

So where is the official 4,08M patch? I seem to be missing where that link is?

<EDIT> I know that there is one floating about somewhere, but someone told me that version won't enable TrackIR, and the Italian map has as many mixed up city names on it to offend anyone Italian. e.g.: Napoli is in the south, not near Polombo(!) and they have Milan geographically confused with Florence(!)</EDIT>

ppontius
02-06-2007, 07:55 AM
...you dont have to use this map.

XyZspineZyX
02-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by triad773:

<EDIT> I know that there is one floating about somewhere, but someone told me that version won't enable TrackIR, and the Italian map has as many mixed up city names on it to offend anyone Italian. e.g.: Napoli is in the south, not near Polombo(!) and they have Milan geographically confused with Florence(!)</EDIT>

Do you think Norway is any better? They have the UK within 60km of the Norwegian coast...ever heard of concessions?

triad773
02-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Hmmm ok. Perhaps I expected a bit much. But the map looks pretty good I'll say there is no disputing that.

Haigotron
02-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Skunk241981:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triad773:

Do you think Norway is any better? They have the UK within 60km of the Norwegian coast...ever heard of concessions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All of this can be explained. It's 1946, the tectonic plates have caused England to drift east closer to France. Ironically, if Hitler had waited until then, he could have simply hoped over across to England from France.

DuxCorvan
02-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Spain 1946, Great Captain II, Gonzalo de Córdoba's great great great great grandson, arrives to Italy and puts half of it again under Spanish rule. We arrange the cities again for our tastes -those Italians put Venice right into the sea, go figure- and kill Domenico Modugno as a teen so he can't create that mind-scattering song, 'Volare'. Eros Ramazzotti's parents are also terminated.

BTW, I want my B.534. And the new *default* hardcoded skins supposedly made to replace the very outdated ones that came with original Il-2. Bf 109s look specially bad.

steve_v
02-06-2007, 09:10 PM
LOL! You know what though. If this place is going to be like this then I will do you a favor steve. I wont even view these boards for 3 months let alone post. I guess I will finally start posting over at SimHq where its not under communist rule.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif Bye-bye