PDA

View Full Version : Moderators: Why no "find" feature?

logman01
03-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Just a question to those who take care of this forum (but first, thanks, you do a great job), why doesn't the find feature work anymore? There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum and I would like to find some of it.

logman01
03-29-2007, 07:56 AM
Just a question to those who take care of this forum (but first, thanks, you do a great job), why doesn't the find feature work anymore? There is a wealth of knowledge in this forum and I would like to find some of it.

klcarroll
03-29-2007, 08:40 AM
The "Find" function has been non-operational for a couple of weeks now.

It seems to be one of several "dangling irritations" that followed the big system crash. The failure is not limited to the SH forums, and appears to be a system-wide malfunction.

We (the moderators) have been in contact with the system administration people on this subject. We have not yet been advised on either the source of the problem, or the timetable for resolving it: .....but personally, I'm expecting an announcement sometime in the near future that the server will be down for eight hours to allow large chunks of the operating software to be reloaded.

Sorry I can't give you better news. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif