PDA

View Full Version : Desmond's father

thedeadman_47
12-03-2010, 02:50 PM
hi i have a theory about Desmond's father i guess he might be this Wiliam M guy who is sending news about the assassins because the M might come for Miles and as Desmond said his parents were assassins and i think 10 years or over is enough for them to gain big spotes in the oreder right?

rocketxsurgeon
12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Could be, what other reason would there be to put his last initial in?

Dougout78
12-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Maybe it's Machiavelli

edzone96
12-03-2010, 03:26 PM
Machiavelli is dead!

Dougout78
12-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by edzone96:
Machiavelli is dead!

We're talking about what the M stands for. Pay attention. You do understand that Machiavelli is a last name, right? Just because Niccolo Machiavelli died a long time ago, doesn't mean one of his or his family's descendents isn't Desmond's father. Gheez.

I agree it's probably Miles though TBH.

X10J
12-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by thedeadman_47:
hi i have a theory about Desmond's father i guess he might be this Wiliam M guy who is sending news about the assassins because the M might come for Miles and as Desmond said his parents were assassins and i think 10 years or over is enough for them to gain big spotes in the oreder right?

Nice work.

Hey didn't someone else notice this and post it in a few threads awhile back. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

edzone96
12-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Dougout78:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edzone96:
Machiavelli is dead!

We're talking about what the M stands for. Pay attention. You do understand that Machiavelli is a last name, right? Just because Niccolo Machiavelli died a long time ago, doesn't mean one of his or his family's descendents isn't Desmond's father. Gheez.

You think? I think It is Miles and not Machiavelli because Desmond's last name is Miles and not Autidore. I don't know but yeah, u never know whats on ubisofts mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I agree it's probably Miles though TBH. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dougout78
12-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Just because Ezio and Machiavelli weren't related at that time, as far as they know, doesn't mean Machiavelli couldn't be one of Desmond's ancestors as well...

In any case I was just throwing out his name as a funny thing...not intended to be serious...

And names change throughout history all the time for various reasons... Desmond is supposed to be a direct male descendent of Ezio Auditore, and Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad, and Adam. Not one of his known ancestors shares a last name.....

thedeadman_47
12-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Dougout78:
Just because Ezio and Machiavelli weren't related at that time, as far as they know, doesn't mean Machiavelli couldn't be one of Desmond's ancestors as well...

In any case I was just throwing out his name as a funny thing...not intended to be serious...

And names change throughout history all the time for various reasons... Desmond is supposed to be a direct male descendent of Ezio Auditore, and Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad, and Adam. Not one of his known ancestors shares a last name..... dude we are all straight descendents of Adam and Eve

flyingeaglemile
12-03-2010, 04:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougout78:

And names change throughout history all the time for various reasons... Desmond is supposed to be a direct male descendent of Ezio Auditore, and Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad, and Adam. Not one of his known ancestors shares a last name..... dude we are all straight descendents of Adam and Eve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure.

TheSeraphor
12-03-2010, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougout78:

And names change throughout history all the time for various reasons... Desmond is supposed to be a direct male descendent of Ezio Auditore, and Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad, and Adam. Not one of his known ancestors shares a last name..... dude we are all straight descendents of Adam and Eve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You almost sound sincere.

In reality: No, Adam and Eve never existed, we're not all direct descendent of them.

In the world of AC: Adam and Eve are the one's who first got away from TWCB, but that doesn't mean they alone repopulated the Earth after the catastrophe.

ChaosxNetwork
12-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Ha wow never made that connection good job!

X10J
12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by TheSeraphor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thedeadman_47:

And names change throughout history all the time for various reasons... Desmond is supposed to be a direct male descendent of Ezio Auditore, and Alta´r Ibn-La'Ahad, and Adam. Not one of his known ancestors shares a last name..... dude we are all straight descendents of Adam and Eve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You almost sound sincere.

In reality: No, Adam and Eve never existed, we're not all direct descendent of them.

This post was developed by a multicultural team consisting of various religious views and beliefs.

In the world of AC: Adam and Eve are the one's who first got away from TWCB, but that doesn't mean they alone repopulated the Earth after the catastrophe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something that anti-christian needed a disclaimer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

TheSeraphor
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSeraphor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thedeadman_47:

This post was developed by one person who is devoid of all religious views and beliefs.

In the world of AC: Adam and Eve are the one's who first got away from TWCB, but that doesn't mean they alone repopulated the Earth after the catastrophe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something that anti-christian needed a disclaimer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not Anti-Christian, it's fact. No one believes that, Christian or otherwise. Even Christians know it is myth.

I hope you don't believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old as well.

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 04:33 PM
^it did. Especially since I'm Christian so I DO believe we all are XD

remember, his parents were in a small assassin community. Not part of the little camps belonging to the Assassin order that Shaun tells you the locations of. My guess is that Desmond's parents were part of an assassin splinter cell almost and wanted to stay secluded from the other assassins, believing their way and beliefs of who to assassinate and fight were the true one. Another reason why Desmond didn't know about Abstergo and Templars in AC1.

Just a theory though
EDIT:@seraphor: actually, most Christians do. (every Christian I've met in my life does, sort of why it's in our religious book.) it doesn't mean that the Earth is only as old as man though. The Bible says after all the animals were created, God made man. In real time, that could be after the millenia of only animal ages, God then created the first man 6,000 years ago.

TheSeraphor
12-03-2010, 04:38 PM
EDIT:@seraphor: actually, most Christians do. (every Christian I've met in my life does, sort of why it's in our religious book.) it doesn't mean that the Earth is only as old as man though. The Bible says after all the animals were created, God made man. In real time, that could be after the millenia of only animal ages, God then created the first man 6,000 years ago. I don't know where you live, I'm assuming the US, but in the rest of the developed world, people recognise and understand the scientific validity of Evolution. Whether God is responsible for it is up to you, but there was no single source of humankind, we evolved.

The Bible is not a history book, it is meant to guide people morally, ethically and spiritually. It's full of metaphors and stories to teach lessons, not historical facts.

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 04:40 PM
you know Evolution is a THEORY right? Not a law? it's not accepted as fact world wide.

Yes, I've lived in USA for a bit, but I'm not American. I'm Canadian and lived there mostly. All my Canadian friends and relatives believe the same thing. Same goes for my friends and family back in Europe.

Another Edit: Yes, the Bible is not historical. But I'm stating that it said it in the Bible, and people of a certain religion tend to believe what's written in their religious book actually happened. It's why we BELIEVE in the book after all...

X10J
12-03-2010, 04:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by X10J:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSeraphor:

This post was developed by one person who is devoid of all religious views and beliefs.

Something that anti-christian needed a disclaimer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's not Anti-Christian, it's fact. No one believes that, Christian or otherwise. Even Christians know it is myth.

I hope you don't believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you interpretted it wrong. Maybe I used your post as a way of saying "It's kind of sad that people have to use disclaimers when they make something that includes an idea that goes against the beliefs of the mainstream.

And judging by the way you responded, maybe I should have put a disclaimer on my post.

TheSeraphor
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
you know Evolution is a THEORY right? Not a law? it's not accepted as fact world wide. Yes, Evolution is a Scientific Theory. I suggest you educate yourself on the differences between a Scientific Theory and a layman's theory.

In Science, a Hypothesis does not become a Theory until it has withstood a whole lot of scrutiny and peer review.
It is a Theory because we will never be able to actually observe how it happened, we cannot travel through time. No matter how much evidence we get it will always be 'just a Theory' for this reason.
There is however overwhelming evidence for Evolution; Geological, Palaeontological and Genetic. We have witnessed species evolve within our lifetime, and we have measured the genetic differences between species.
We know Evolution happened without a shadow of a doubt, we just can't be certain exactly how it happened.

Think of it this way. We're investigating a murder, at the scene of the crime we have a body, a murder weapon, fingerprints, and DNA. We know who the murderer is, but unfortunately the CCTV camera was out of action.
This is the status of Evolution, we know it happened, we just couldn't witness it.

Nothing in Biology ever becomes Law, not because it's not fact, but because it's too complex to account for every variable, and cannot be understood in it's entirety.
Laws only occur in Physics.

flyingeaglemile
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
you know Evolution is a THEORY right? Not a law? it's not accepted as fact world wide.

Yes, I've lived in USA for a bit, but I'm not American. I'm Canadian and lived there mostly. All my Canadian friends and relatives believe the same thing. Same goes for my friends and family back in Europe.

Another Edit: Yes, the Bible is not historical. But I'm stating that it said it in the Bible, and people of a certain religion tend to believe what's written in their religious book actually happened. It's why we BELIEVE in the book after all...

So you agree and believe with everything written in the bible?

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Seraphor: it's still a theory, not fact. You have evidence of why evolution is real, I don't think it's really evidence. I have evidence for why it's not real, and you'll probably think it's not real. But this derailing the discussion. Besides, it's not like either one of us will be convinced of the other's persuasion. I suggest we just agree to disagree before it turns into a flame war. (Which it will, I've been in this position before >_> )

Flyingeagle: yes I do. I believe some things are worded as metaphorically (such as the slave issue) but I believe all the stories in have happened, yes.

TheSeraphor
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Seraphor: it's still a theory, not fact. Did you just ignore everything I said?
Your understanding of the term 'Theory' is the problem.

I don't want this to turn into a flame war either, but I will not concede to something I know to be flat out wrong.
We can trade 'evidence' all day, so I won't bother with that, but at least learn what the term 'Theory' means within the scientific community. It's the cause of much misunderstanding with those such as yourself who have not studied evolution.

X10J
12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
People have the right to their own beliefs. We shouldn't bash each other for them.

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 05:10 PM
J is right.

What's funny about this though is that I just came home from Chemistry class where we discussed this exact thing about what a Theory is XD

And I actually have already studied evolution....twice this year and got A's on everything about it. I make sure that I know what I don't believe in. But seriously, thanks for assuming I've never studied it and such http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But here, go here (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory). The official definition states that it is a conjecture. Not fact.

TheSeraphor
12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
J is right.

What's funny about this though is that I just came home from Chemistry class where we discussed this exact thing about what a Theory is XD

And I actually have already studied evolution....twice this year and got A's on everything about it. I make sure that I know what I don't believe in. But seriously, thanks for assuming I've never studied it and such http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But here, go here (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/theory). The official definition states that it is a conjecture. Not fact. The fact that the term has several different entries means that it has several different uses and meanings. Not that you can cherry pick the one definition that agrees with you and ignore the rest.

From the sounds of it, you're in high school or college. I'm sceptical of just how much you've studied evolution at a young age.
A high school education in evolution is not much, and is prone to the miscommunication, if not misleading of teachers with a religious agenda.
I you really understood the genetic processes in which life adapts, you wouldn't be able to deny it any more than you could deny gravity, which by the way, is also 'just a theory'.

Let me make it clear, I have no problem with religious beliefs. If you want to belief that God created us then that is your right.
But we know how we evolved, and if God created us, then he did it through evolution.

MXiMike
12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Seraphor said multiple times its not fact. You are misunderstanding. Anyway, on topic.

I don't think that William M is Desmonds dad. I think Ubisoft were just teasing us by putting the M there!

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Mike, he's arguing that is fact....

Seraphor, I'm not cherry picking, did any of those definitions say a theory is a fact? cause when I read it, they all pertained to conjectures.

Even though I'm in High school, I still study college level courses outside of school on matters such as this (hooray for ib) and frankly, all of my teachers are Atheists, so they've been trying to do the exact opposite of what you said.
and gravity is a full blown law, not a theory. (http://physics.about.com/od/classicalmechanics/a/gravity.htm)
I still don't believe He did through Evolution, but I'm pretty sure we're not arguing about His existence or not. Just wrapping up what a theory is and then calling it quits so we don't derail this further.

EDIT: fudge, that wasn't such a good link. I know Gravity can be explained through a theory, but I was getting at the point that it's still known as a Law. Evolution has never been referred to as such. (I know biology can't have those, but...yeah, you get my point)

X10J
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
If we're going to continue can we at least add something on topic for each post.

@Mike: I don't know William Miles has a nice ring to it.

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
what if he's an Uncle? another Uncle Mario! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Mutley_Rulz
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
:/ I thought Subject 16 might have been his father, in a somewhat dramatic twist.

X10J
12-03-2010, 05:39 PM
maybe but you'd think Lucy would've told him.

@Disturbed: 'bit repetitive don't you think. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EmperorxZurg
12-03-2010, 05:48 PM
okay...then an aunt!...oh wait 0_0

If Desmond was William's son though, why wouldn't WIlliam come and be part of that team to help Desmond? Be a parental figure and all. Or why wouldn't Desmond go ":O That's my dad!" When he sees who the email is from when he's going through all the emails?

X10J
12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
He doesn't want Desmond to run off like last time?

Desmond's always had very limmited responses to e-mails like when it was implied that Shawn and Rebecca were sleeping together. Or when he discovered oh my god the animus might make me crazy in AC1

seriously though you do make a good point.

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 01:37 AM
i am sorry i put this discussion post for Demond's father not for a relegious discussion so please!

X10J
12-04-2010, 01:41 AM
Hmm... impeccable timing.

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by X10J:
Hmm... impeccable timing. yeah sorry well ijust got some free time but still better late than never

X10J
12-04-2010, 03:18 AM
too right mate. I've had colledge, it's been tought to get on lately.

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by Nakkikala:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

All my Canadian friends and relatives believe the same thing. Same goes for my friends and family back in Europe.

You do realize that it doesn't matter how many people believe in it, it doesn't make it The Truth? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> please don't we just cooled it down we resprct all religions and all points of view OK!?

persiateddy95
12-04-2010, 03:36 AM
we resprct all rliegions and all point of views OK!?
You can't say we all respect all religions and point of views, but indeed, this religious conversation must end, it's against the forum rules to argue over religions.

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:39 AM
did i really have to ask who is Demond's father why did i even care in the first place!!!

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:44 AM
to any forum maneger please please come and close this topic please

TheSpectator
12-04-2010, 03:51 AM
ONLINE HOLY WAR!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by TheSpectator:
ONLINE HOLY WAR!!!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif
lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif not funny

persiateddy95
12-04-2010, 03:57 AM
So, don't you want to know who Desmond father is?

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 06:03 AM
well after thinking if it's gonna do this much conversation well no thank you but if it's just straight and simple ok

EmperorxZurg
12-04-2010, 10:36 AM
uhh...we sort of stopped arguing about it like 8 hours before you posted saying to stop http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Mic_92
12-04-2010, 11:05 AM
LMAO@ any idiot who believe the Earth is 5000 years old and Adam and Eve existed.
I guess the all the dinosaur and cavemen bones found are just fraud or that the oldest city in the world, Jericho, which is 10000 years old doesn't really exist.

This is the reason why some people say religion is a bad thing.

Lazaran
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by edzone96:
Machiavelli is dead!

ITZ ZOMB1E MACH1AVELL1!!!!11

kriegerdesgottes
12-04-2010, 01:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
EDIT:@seraphor: actually, most Christians do. (every Christian I've met in my life does, sort of why it's in our religious book.) it doesn't mean that the Earth is only as old as man though. The Bible says after all the animals were created, God made man. In real time, that could be after the millenia of only animal ages, God then created the first man 6,000 years ago. I don't know where you live, I'm assuming the US, but in the rest of the developed world, people recognise and understand the scientific validity of Evolution. Whether God is responsible for it is up to you, but there was no single source of humankind, we evolved.

The Bible is not a history book, it is meant to guide people morally, ethically and spiritually. It's full of metaphors and stories to teach lessons, not historical facts. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>WRONG!!!! and someday you'll find out, unfortunately like many others you'll find out the hard way.

kriegerdesgottes
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
LMAO@ any idiot who believe the Earth is 5000 years old and Adam and Eve existed.
I guess the all the dinosaur and cavemen bones found are just fraud or that the oldest city in the world, Jericho, which is 10000 years old doesn't really exist.

This is the reason why some people say religion is a bad thing. oh you mean like the dinosaur bones they found recently with flesh still on the bones? and the depictions of dinosaurs on armor plates worn by greeks and romans? or maybe the written documents talking about dinosaurs by many ancients like alexander the great or marco polo? you mean those "million" year old animals, evolution is a lie designed to blind the stupid sheep liberals.

Kaxen6
12-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Lazaran:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by edzone96:
Machiavelli is dead!

ITZ ZOMB1E MACH1AVELL1!!!!11 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My money is on Vampire Machiavelli.

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
uhh...we sort of stopped arguing about it like 8 hours before you posted saying to stop http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif yes i know because i was sleeping and i am sorry (i guess) but its not my fault because my day is your night and vise versa
sorry for being a normal human please don't kill me please!!!

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:

This is the reason why some people say religion is a bad thing. oh you mean like the dinosaur bones they found recently with flesh still on the bones? and the depictions of dinosaurs on armor plates worn by greeks and romans? or maybe the written documents talking about dinosaurs by many ancients like alexander the great or marco polo? you mean those "million" year old animals, evolution is a lie designed to blind the stupid sheep liberals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> please not again!

EmperorxZurg
12-04-2010, 03:20 PM
wait what? why would I kill you...? I was just stating the fact that you don't have to try and get us to stop since we were already done and no one was arguing...

thedeadman_47
12-04-2010, 03:28 PM
wait what? why would I kill you...? I was just stating the fact that you don't have to try and get us to stop since we were already done and no one was arguing... relax dude i was just kidding plus i thought you guys were taking a break then continue(because it was such a big and complicated fight.oh your fingers must have hurt)

EmperorxZurg
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
didn't really seem like a joke..... and no, it was sort of just a discussion, it wasn't that complicated and my fingers are fine...

Nakkikala
12-04-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
WRONG!!!! and someday you'll find out, unfortunately like many others you'll find out the hard way.

Care to elaborate what you mean with your "hard way"?

EmperorxZurg
12-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I believe he means those who don't believe are going to h e double hockey sticks >_>

X10J
12-04-2010, 04:00 PM
hell?

EmperorxZurg
12-04-2010, 04:32 PM
ah! the bad word! XD

X10J
12-04-2010, 04:39 PM
lol. Thats right.

tyman1122
12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
SHUT UP ABOUT THIS STUPID FLAME WAR!!!!