PDA

View Full Version : Why so different system requirements for Mac & PC?

Morankurai
07-04-2011, 12:02 PM
Hello,

I just saw the system requirements for Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for Mac and PC. For PC they are:

System: Windows XP (32-64 bit) / Windows Vista (32-64 bit) / Windows 7
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 64 2.4GHz
CPU: 1.5 GB RAM (or 2 GB RAM bei Windows Vista/7)
Disc: 8 GB free space
Grafik card: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c or higher

And for Mac they are:

Operating System Mac OS X 10.6
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz or better
RAM Memory (MB) 3072
HDD Disk Space (MB) 9216
Graphics 256 MB with Shader Model 3.0 or higher

Why are the requirements of Processor and CPU so different? I could understand that they are A BIT different 'cause the two systems may run a bit different in detail, but you need 1,26 more GHz of the processor and 1,5 GB more RAM to play it.

I just wondered that the game runs on the old PC of my friend while my iMac from early 2009 which was the best model at his time already has the minimum of GHz.

Is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for Mac only a good virtualization? That would be the only answer that makes sense IMHO, but it would be bad if it is like this.

Someone knows the real reason?

Mr_Shade
07-04-2011, 12:12 PM
As a mac user myself, I hate to have to say this, but Mac's are not very good at games, and never have been...

The same spec PC and Mac, running the same game [such as portal] - vary a lot..

Windows has many dedicated drivers / plug ins and other parts of the OS which are made for gaming - OSX does not..

Therefore the requirements are higher to get the same level of performance..

RamboAssassin
07-04-2011, 03:47 PM
MAC was never supposed to handle PC games, nuff said.

ace3001
07-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Mainly cause OSX games run on OpenGL and Windows games run on DirectX. Most hardware are optimized more for DirectX than OpenGL. Buy a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium (it's around $100 to $120, I think) and install using Boot Camp if you really wanna game on your Mac.