PDA

View Full Version : Choosing which civilians to recruit as Assassins

Locopells
10-29-2010, 05:30 PM
As we know, Ezio recruits Assassins by saving civilians from guards and that he can only do this once he has freed a district and opened up a slot in the guild.

My question is this does more then one civilian appear on the map, thereby giving Ezio a range of civilians to chose from as potential Assassins? Or does he have no choice as to recruits?

TheMusingMoose
10-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Okay, I have to admit this has never EVER occurred to me. Good question.

Nick1021
10-29-2010, 07:16 PM
All I know is I want at least 3 females. I will make 1 female assassin my personal assassin. Then make 2 girls and 3 guys my assassin squad.
Good question btw, never crossed my mind.

Locopells
10-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Nick1021:
All I know is I want at least 3 females. I will make 1 female assassin my personal assassin. Then make 2 girls and 3 guys my assassin squad.
Good question btw, never crossed my mind.

That's what got me thinking - I read a comment on YouTube I think, that talked about having a all female/Charlie's Angels kinda gig...

tyrce111
10-29-2010, 07:39 PM
If the devs aren't sexist morons and both genders were equel, I would probably get 6 guys and 6 girls.
I hope girls don't die easier than guys.

NewBlade200
10-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Well we know that SOME of the people saved will join your ranks. So there may be multiple civilians on the map, but only 1 or 2 will join you, depending on how many Borgia towers you destroy, and the rest will give you money.
This next bit is all speculation. To renovate a shop, it may say the shop owner is under attack. This starts a side-mission where you have to save the man/woman to use the shop. As a bounus, when you upgrade the shop a new upgrade is ready for your assassins (as in the assassin couldn't get the next weapon upgrade because this guy is still in trouble).
So what do ya think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nick1021
10-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
If the devs aren't sexist morons and both genders were equel, I would probably get 6 guys and 6 girls.
They will probably make girls be stronger in stat then males. Like better in dexterity(if their is such a stat).

Locopells
10-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Well we know that SOME of the people saved will join your ranks. So there may be multiple civilians on the map, but only 1 or 2 will join you, depending on how many Borgia towers you destroy, and the rest will give you money.

This next bit is all speculation. To renovate a shop, it may say the shop owner is under attack. This starts a side-mission where you have to save the man/woman to use the shop. As a bounus, when you upgrade the shop a new upgrade is ready for your assassins (as in the assassin couldn't get the next weapon upgrade because this guy is still in trouble).
So what do ya think? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Certianly possible. As long as it's not a sneaky way of taking the choice away.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
They will probably make girls be stronger in stat then males. Like better in dexterity(if their is such a stat). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not aware that there's any difference in stats between any of the assassins, other then the experience/skill points customisation.

PhiIs1618033
10-30-2010, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
They will probably make girls be stronger in stat then males. Like better in dexterity(if their is such a stat). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be sexist, too.

Rakudaton
10-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
That would be sexist, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. But I don't think it would be sexist for the male assassins to be stronger or faster: because on average that's how it is in real life. I still reckon they'll make them identical in terms of stats. For assassins, of course, skill's more important than strength or speed - Ezio's sprinting speed is rubbish (granted, he can sprint forever without stopping...)

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
How the hell is that sexist? Men would probably be stronger and bulkier(because we have more testastrome). And they would probably be more flexible and agile.

magesupermaster
10-30-2010, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
How the hell is that sexist? Men would probably be stronger and bulkier(because we have more testastrome). And they would probably be more flexible and agile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really hope that was a joke..
Also, it's testosterone and not 'testastrome'.

EDIT: "Female assassins will also be available for the first time in the series, allowing for, if you wish, an entire harem of dedicated lady ninjas."

eagleforlife1
10-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
How the hell is that sexist? Men would probably be stronger and bulkier(because we have more testastrome). And they would probably be more flexible and agile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Also, it's testosterone and not 'testastrome'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In what way can that be interpreted as a joke?

Locopells
10-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Woah people - we're getting a little off topic here!

Regardless of your personal opinions about the difference between genders in Renaissance Italy, it doesn't make any difference to the game. I've confirmed what I said earlier, closer examination of gameplay footage confirms that there's no difference in stats between any of the assassins, other then the experience/skill points customisation.

Thanks magesupermaster for your quote:

EDIT: "Female assassins will also be available for the first time in the series, allowing for, if you wish, an entire harem of dedicated lady ninjas."

I've put the link to the article below

http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/act...ews.html?sid=6283070 (http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassinscreedbrotherhood/news.html?sid=6283070)

Blimey I leave you lot alone for five minutes...

magesupermaster
10-30-2010, 11:11 AM
No need to thank me.
But I do need to thank you, for posting the link. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Locopells
10-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Welcome.

Nick1021
10-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Also, it's testosterone and not 'testastrome'.

EDIT: "Female assassins will also be available for the first time in the series, allowing for, if you wish, an entire harem of dedicated lady ninjas." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How could that be a joke. And sorry for misspelling a hormone.

flyryassassin
10-30-2010, 02:16 PM
This would make sense. we now also know u will be able to recruit a new assassin when one dies. and u can to this an infinite amount of times. so what district will the "save a citizen" event pop up in? and how many events? very good question. if i was ubi. id make 20 events in each district when u destroy a tower or one of ur assassins die.

Locopells
10-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by flyryassassin:
This would make sense. we now also know u will be able to recruit a new assassin when one dies. and u can to this an infinite amount of times. so what district will the "save a citizen" event pop up in? and how many events? very good question. if i was ubi. id make 20 events in each district when u destroy a tower or one of ur assassins die.

I'm gussing when an assassin dies, the "save a citizen" events will appear in whatever district you happen to be in at the time. If they're not shown on the map, they might even spawn around you as you travel through Rome. As to the number of events, who knows? (Other then Ubi of course!)