PDA

View Full Version : Need help about fighting!

Assassins3reed
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I want to know that while fighting, does Altair perform a different counter if we press a directional key?

I am playing AC on PC and when i counter, sometimes, he kicks the enemy on stomach, give a slap to his face or punches his face while sometimes, Altair kills them (through counter)??
Anyway to make Altair kill them everytime???

And another question ,this time about Combo hit. (one which says to click(press button 0) as soon as we strike them. I am able to do this in practice but not able to do this while an actual fight. He just keeps on striking (like something has gone wild) and the enemy easily block/deflect all our strikes.

What am i doing wrong in both cases??

Bobfish_Almight
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
I think it's pretty much random to be honest. Generally I've found that if his health is lower, or the enemy is a tougher one, then he'll do the non-lethal counters a couple of times to soften them up first. The only way I've found to guarantee a kill every time is to counter using only the Hidden Blade, but since that means you are unable to defend yourself you have to be damn sure your reactions are good enough to pull it off or you can end up in a very sorry start very quickly

ScytheOfGrim
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
To the first question:
It was random in the console version, and I'm pretty sure it's the same in the PC version.
You have no control over what counter he does.

To the second:
It's all a matter of timing.
You can't do it on every single sword swipe, besides there being the difference of the parry and last second block, each guard has a sort of invisible health meter.
You have to get them to do that "last minute block" a number of times before you can actually play he animation of the combo.

Assassins3reed
05-20-2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks Guys

And horsee, you are again online :P

Bobfish_Almight
05-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I have my moments. Like Scythe said though, it really is all about timing. If you're not fast enough you basically reset the combo to zero if you know what I mean. Once you get the timing down though, it usually takes about three to five attacks for the standard plebs, but it can take a lot more for the bigger dudes like Templars and so forth. Practice with the Hidden Blade counter, some of them look really, really cool. And if you're fighting a larger group they often break off and flee sooner because for all intents and purposes they see you punching people and them falling over dead. Psychological impact ftw

Assassins3reed
05-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Yeah i MOSTLY USE The hidden blade. (i love the counter in which Altair Strikes the blade thorough his face, and also love the one in which he continuously stabs then like 4-5 time)

I use Hidden Blade untill i am low on health/sync bar. If i am low, i use short blade/sword

Bobfish_Almight
05-20-2008, 09:45 AM
I've gotten a bit bored of the Sword now to be honest, used it too many times. I rely almost exclusively on the Hidden Blade, with the Short Blade for a little variety. Generally, if I get too low on health (screen flashing) I just start chucking the dudes about until it fills back up again. Especially useful with the guys who break your grasp because they knock you to the floor and you get the chance to almost get a full bar back from just laying there doing nothing. Rinse and repeat five or six times and you're ready to go again. That's what I did in the final battle of the game. Used my sword only once

Assassins3reed
05-20-2008, 09:47 AM
lol!

and horsee, you remember, you were giving me link on how to change sig automatically!!!

Bobfish_Almight
05-20-2008, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah. DOH!!!

Check your PMs