PDA

View Full Version : Behavior of AI in version 4.04m

WildeSau1975
04-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Hi all,

Since a few dasys I have updated my unpatched merged installation to 4.04m. The additional planes are great - but what I have noticed is that the AI behaves quiet different.

They seem to have capabilites that I don't have - they fly like UFOs and don't stall at all. Also they all seem to be much faster than I am - no matter what plane I use.

In the unpatched version I was able to get in almost every mission a kill - not anymore in the patched version - is this something strange in the game or is it just me flying not good enough (what is quiet good possible).

Many thanks.

Michael

Mercwolf2
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
The patched version allows AI planes to fly almost perfectly. IE perfect trim, perfect prop pitch, therefore they are faster. Have you ever stalled an aircraft using autopilot? I haven't but I have stalled right after switching off autopilot. The computer can also adjust faster than you so changes that take you a few seconds the computer can do immediately. Look for other posts as this has been covered.

jolulure
04-19-2007, 12:51 PM
btw, when do you have to change Prop pitch?

Mercwolf2
04-20-2007, 07:08 AM
There is a car transmission analogy somewhere in the forums that says 100% prop pitch is like 1st gear on a manual car transmission and the faster you go the lower the prop pitch setting. 5th gear on a car is like 40% prop pitch. I wasn't able to find it but it is the best explanation in regards to how prop pitch works.

Deadmeat313
04-27-2007, 07:35 AM
I can get the AI to stall, on occasion.

One of my favourite tactics when I run out of ammo chasing a bad guy on the deck is to keep chasing - buzz the guy closely and he'll evade sharply. Sometimes he throws himself into a spin and eats dirt.

It's more likely to work if its a rookie/damaged AI plane though, but its always worth a try. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

T.