PDA

View Full Version : cockpits

hdjuey
12-30-2004, 02:42 PM
this game is more and more becoming one of my top sim almost as fun as lockon but the thing that bugs me is the gauges in the cockpits. the thing is that there not real clear.if your back far enought to see the vsi, airspeed, fuel,ect the gauges are not clear enought to read at least for me

hdjuey
12-30-2004, 02:42 PM
this game is more and more becoming one of my top sim almost as fun as lockon but the thing that bugs me is the gauges in the cockpits. the thing is that there not real clear.if your back far enought to see the vsi, airspeed, fuel,ect the gauges are not clear enought to read at least for me

FoolTrottel
12-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Well, that's cos we got a thing on the left bottom of the screen called a Speed Bar ;-)

- move your view downwards
- Press Del key. Things will be getting closer and more clear!

- Boost up your screen resolution and get a bigger screen? ;-)

Fliger747
12-30-2004, 03:59 PM
The (ahem) speedbar varies somewhat from the actual indicated airspeed and altitude, and of course has no other information such as fuel, ngine parameters etc. As the speed bar indicates only to the nearest 10 units considerable innacuracy is present in such critical flight modes such as approach and landing. Check out the difference sometime between the 'speedbar' and the airspeed indicator on approach! an approximate, within 10 knots is not sufficent for accurate flying.

(1) make the guages more readable...

(2) or at least make the speedbar read in an additional significant figure (ie. 96 knots vrs 100 or 90). The technology is available....