PDA

View Full Version : Review in GameZone 9/10

pettera
12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
"Overall: 9.0
I loved this game. It is rich, engaging and has a great repeat-play factor. I wanted to play it often, and for long periods of time. It's been a long time since I felt that drive from a game, much less a sim. For me, a sim gets tired and drab after you master the basics. Flight sims, however, usually have more lasting appeal from their expansive mission factor. In this one, that's not the only draw to keep you coming back...."
More here: http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r23760.htm

Here is from the AEP
"Overall: 8
A must have if you absolutely love the genre. The casual player however, may not find this to be one to add to their game library, but is definitely worth the price."

Obviously the persons that review are not very objective...

Petter

pettera
12-10-2004, 05:29 AM
"Overall: 9.0
I loved this game. It is rich, engaging and has a great repeat-play factor. I wanted to play it often, and for long periods of time. It's been a long time since I felt that drive from a game, much less a sim. For me, a sim gets tired and drab after you master the basics. Flight sims, however, usually have more lasting appeal from their expansive mission factor. In this one, that's not the only draw to keep you coming back...."
More here: http://pc.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r23760.htm

Here is from the AEP
"Overall: 8
A must have if you absolutely love the genre. The casual player however, may not find this to be one to add to their game library, but is definitely worth the price."

Obviously the persons that review are not very objective...

Petter

Chuck_Older
12-11-2004, 08:25 AM
Well, consider the 'average' game reveiwer.

This may sound a bit, well, insulting to them, but here goes:

The average game player doesn't even read the manuals. I assume that reveiwers are people, too, so I must also think that for a game genre they are not very interested in, the manual gets a cursory look. Big mistake for a sim reveiwer, not reading the manual

The average reveiwer is not a WWII history buff. It may as well be a Star Wars game, except that they know Star Wars History better than WWII History

The average reveiwer for an on-line 'magazine' is probably early to mid twenties. I am sorry to say, but I deal with these folks all the time professionally as engineers: college graduates today are almost functionally literate, and the people they report to are just above functionally literate. They also know little outside their fields of study in general. It's just the way it is; I work with very smart people who don't know how to make a sentence. reveiwers are the same way. the same reveiwer who ignores typos is not a 'pro' by any means, and online reveiwers must be, on average, the reveiwers least accountable for their work.

So it's not surprising to me that most game and sim reviews online or off, are little more than popularity contests