PDA

View Full Version : Is this the reason for change !

martian04
11-16-2005, 03:15 AM
After many a problem with patches i ended up doing a re-format and re-install with all the patches new drivers ..etc..blaa..bla
Anyway i find the spits difficuilt to fly now, trying not to moan but it would seem the FM has been drastically altered for this compared to others. Is this due to the upcoming BOB release, seems a little unfair to re-model this plane more than others putting it at a great disadvantage now. I find planes on apposing sides have this advantage now which is spoiling a lot of play especially online.
Its very tempting now and i am finding this a lot that one team is very much larger than the other with cries of ..Yea but the red team planes suck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[spit in this team].
Taking for example a spit against a ki would't have been a problem before but now.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
Anyone else think along these lines ?

nakamura_kenji
11-16-2005, 03:20 AM
ki-43, ki-61/100, ki-84?

please tell you try no out turn ki-43, ki-61-i-ko or ki-100. they match(ki-100 ki-61-I-ko)or beat(ki-43) you when combat flap engage

when fight ija/ijn fighter best tactic hit run

you jump from 3.04 -> 4.02? or 4.01 -> 4.02?

cueceleches
11-16-2005, 03:28 AM
Nakamura is right, do not try to out turn a Ki, even with a Spit...Just hit and run.

jds1978
11-16-2005, 05:08 AM
i just mostly run (LOL)

PBNA-Boosher
11-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Hit and run against a Ki doesn't work, because the Ki can catch you, especially if it's an 84. You need to wait for him to build up his speed so your lower speed can help you out maneuver him while he burns his energy to stay behind you. As he's burning, you should be gaining in energy.

Most importantly, you should have a wingman. To get involved in a dogfight is stupid in the first place.

p1ngu666
11-16-2005, 07:53 AM
outclimb a ki84 and yes the spits handle poorly.

curious thing, qmb with lf IX with the cw, full back on stick stalls at about 400kph
109g6 250kph

stubby
11-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Most importantly, you should have a wingman. To get involved in a dogfight is stupid in the first place.

It's all about pride and ego. History shows us that US flyers did not engage Japanese planes in mono e mono air combat because it was stupid. They worked in teams and the end result speaks for itself. In this game, many folks believe that their skills are so superior that they can overcome the advantages of another plane that their plane doesn't have. Crazy. I think that's the core reason for most complaining about one plane being more uber than other. Folks get their butts waxed because they attempt to duke it out one vs one when they shouldn't. That will always be the reason why it's hard for any server to simulate reality. Folks don't fear gettin' smoked because there's the every ready 'refly' button.

Lucius_Esox
11-16-2005, 11:50 AM
It's all about pride and ego. History shows us that US flyers did not engage Japanese planes in mono e mono air combat because it was stupid. They worked in teams and the end result speaks for itself. In this game, many folks believe that their skills are so superior that they can overcome the advantages of another plane that their plane doesn't have. Crazy. I think that's the core reason for most complaining about one plane being more uber than other. Folks get their butts waxed because they attempt to duke it out one vs one when they shouldn't. That will always be the reason why it's hard for any server to simulate reality. Folks don't fear gettin' smoked because there's the every ready 'refly' button.

Well said. Do think though that certain aircraft are harder to fly than maybe they should be vis a vis their historical opponents.