PDA

View Full Version : Trim and CH combatstick

bazzaah2
05-23-2006, 02:31 AM
No, no bat turns depsite RBJ's alleged reappearance, but instead was wondering how you all manage to get level/neutral elevator/aileron trim.

I have my elevator trim on the slider on my combatstick but not for long as I can never get level trim and will have to go back to using the keyboard. Aileron trim is on a hat switch and will likewise be going back on to the key board.

Is it just me or is there some kind of problem with the way trim is adjusted in this sim? Does anyone else have this problem? What solutions do you all use?

bazzaah2
05-23-2006, 02:31 AM
No, no bat turns depsite RBJ's alleged reappearance, but instead was wondering how you all manage to get level/neutral elevator/aileron trim.

I have my elevator trim on the slider on my combatstick but not for long as I can never get level trim and will have to go back to using the keyboard. Aileron trim is on a hat switch and will likewise be going back on to the key board.

Is it just me or is there some kind of problem with the way trim is adjusted in this sim? Does anyone else have this problem? What solutions do you all use?

WOLFMondo
05-23-2006, 02:36 AM
I've never bothered using the dials on my CH Fighter stick and left trim on the keyboard. I get the same problem as you, there far to sensitve and can't ever get it level.

FluffyDucks
05-23-2006, 02:43 AM
Use Fooltrottels Il2 Sticks to adjust sensitivity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

bazzaah2
05-23-2006, 03:07 AM
ok, thanks.

How do I adjust sensitivity of trim in Il2 sticks? Looks to me like it adjusts stick, rudder and power, much like you can ingame. Sorry if this seems obtuse.

Some additional sensitivity can be gained through using power and trim in combination of course but still have difficulty in getting level flight. Is it hard to trim an aircraft in real life? I'm sure there's a knack to trim, but so far it's eluding me.

Gaaah!

WOLFMondo
05-23-2006, 03:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FluffyDucks:
Use Fooltrottels Il2 Sticks to adjust sensitivity http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats stick settings only, good app though and use it allot.

I just wish you could have a unique stick setup for each plane though.

DmdSeeker
05-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Fooltrottles program only works for sliders/controls that are mapped in game; so if you haven't mapped it in game under controls; you won't see it in Fool trottles's program.

OTOH; you can save multiple configurations with his program; so it's prefectly feasible to have a unique profile for every single plane; just remember to come out of the game at least as far as the main menu of the edit's to conf.ini (which is what the progam actually does) won't be read into the game.

bazzaah2
05-23-2006, 05:04 AM
elevator trim's there now - great! can play around with it and see which settings work best!

Von_Rat
05-23-2006, 01:10 PM
cant you just use ch manager to adjust senitivity of your trim slider. set the lower part of the curve to less senisitive and that should give you the fine tuning you need.

i myself use some buttons on my ch fighter stick for fine trim. and i use the mini mouse on my ch throttle for slider trim,i.e. bat turns,,,lol.

didnt oleg himself say to get rl turn times on some planes you must use trim,i.e. bat turns.

bazzaah2
05-23-2006, 01:20 PM
I know hardly anything about controls I must admit, but now have things adjusted so I can fly along in a straight line. Job done. Must look into CH Manager properly as well, I like your idea.

You do need trim and on a slider. Especially for those bat turns.